Any good book recommendations?

Shrimpy said:
I almost solely read fantasy novels. :hide:

I just finished the amazing The Wise Man's Fear - the sequel to The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Sooo good.

Generally I read terribly cheesy stuff, filled with dragons and magic and enchanted swords.

Have you read any Raymond Feist at all Shrimpy? I love his stuff! Also love anything by Anne McCaffrey as well.

Hi Stevie babe :)

If you want an autobiography that makes you smile an also makes you shudder at times and gives you a great insight into a real household character read From Rags To Ritchie by Shaun Ritchie.
Marilyn's Daughter by John Rechy is another novel I enjoyed recently .

Hi Stevie babe :)

If you want an autobiography that makes you smile an also makes you shudder at times and gives you a great insight into a real household character read From Rags To Ritchie by Shaun Ritchie.
Marilyn's Daughter by John Rechy is another novel I enjoyed recently .

I presume you meant cheeky chappie Shane Ritchie - that's the stuff I was thinking about, lightweight jolly stuff. Thanks for the rec FM:cool:

Have you read any Raymond Feist at all Shrimpy? I love his stuff! Also love anything by Anne McCaffrey as well.

I love Raymond Fiest, just read Flight of the nighthawks and the sequel is en route, via amazon. :)

I could never get into Anne McCaffery. Though, have you read Scar Night by Alan Campbell? That was a really good read, I devoured it and it's two sequels! :)

Shrimpy said:
I love Raymond Fiest, just read Flight of the nighthawks and the sequel is en route, via amazon. :)

I could never get into Anne McCaffery. Though, have you read Scar Night by Alan Campbell? That was a really good read, I devoured it and it's two sequels! :)

Ooo - haven't read any of those - added to my list of books to buy :)

just read 'beyond ugly' (the sequal to ugly) by constance briscoe and before that 'ma he sold me for a few cigarettes' and 'ma i'm getting meself a new mammy' by martha long

now i need to read something a bit more cheerful! lol x

I was about to recommend 'Ugly' by Constance Briscoe, I read it about a year and a half ago and just came across it as I am looking for books to bring on holiday.

I'm quite into true crime books, a couple of faves of mine are 'Our Story' by Ron and Reg Kray as told to Fred Dinenage, and 'Mad Frank, Memoirs of a Life of Crime' by 'Mad' Frank Fraser. All that London Gangland stuff is interesting to me.

I've also read and enjoyed all the Harry Potter and Twilight books.

I got a load of books from Bargain Books for my hols, will recommend them if any of them were good :D

Back