Any idea of points in this

vodaka999

Silver Member
Ok we are heading off out to dinner on Friday night to a posh resteraunt and i would like to know the rough idea of points before i go so i was thinking of having

Starter - Watts Farm asparagus, poached hens egg & sorrel ( does 1.5 points sound ok for this )

Main - Braised breast of new season lamb, basil pommes puree & English peas or

Roast wing of skate, buttered English asparagus, Jersey Royals & cherry tomatoes ( maybe about 6 points for this one ? )

Dessert -
Chocolate brownie & Tahitian vanilla ice cream or
Crème brulée with hazelnut shortbread
( no idea of the points for these )

ask for the starter not to have butter on, as that will massively increase the points
main I would allow a few more than 6, maybe 10?
And the dessert, I would have creme brulee, and leave the shortbread. Then it would be about 6 points I think?

I wasnt sure about the main as the skate is only 2.5 and if the asparagus is not buttered the only other pointed food would be the spuds and its a fancy place so i cant imagine the portion sizes will be very big and you get quite alot of spuds for 2.5 points :confused:

they do have sorbet on the menu for dessert maybe i could have that instead i believe thats quite low in points

Isn't creme brulee about 10 points? Is that the one that's cream custardy with a sugar glazed top?

Go with sorbet, that's much safer points wise. The skate choice should be ok as long as you ask for no butter on the spuds. I wonder if they can do you asparagus without butter too? That's what'll hike your points up.

Have a fab time though. It sounds lovely. Let us know if it's really as yummy as it sounds.

Sharon

No idea on the point but sounds as if the other peeps do - just wanted to say have a lovely time!!
(I always have the asparagus starter at Wagamamas - but thats 5 points?! They must cook it in lard!) Hehe.
Have fun and enjoy it!! xx

Back