Any recipes for slow cookers?

Hi there

I have been trying some of the SW recipes and loving them but I find that they can be time consuming and was wondering if anyone had any links to a thread or could post any recipes that can be done in a slow cooker?

Many thanks

Can't link from my phone but there is a sticky thread at the top of this recipe forum dedicated to slow cooker recipes x

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff (slow cooker version)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr “Dark Beef stockpot”
1 Knorr “Herb stockpot”
1 Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
1 pack of “Schultz garlic, mushrooms & cream sauce” (4.5/4=1.125 syns per person)
1 Tsp Sweet paprika
1Tbsp Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
2 Onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Garlic cloves, squeezed through a garlic press (sff)
150g Button mushrooms, cut in half (s) (sff)
300mL hot water for stock
300g long grain rice (ff)
350ml skimmed milk (3 syn/4=0.75 syn per person)
450g extra lean casserole steak (ff)

Method

Place the beef into the freezer for 30 mins to stiffen it, remove & cut into thin strips, cook in a frying pan until the beef has browned.
Pre-heat the slow cooker.
Spray the frying pan with Fry Light , add the onion, chilli, garlic, Worcester sauce, mushrooms, paprika, red wine vinegar, herb stockpot & cook for 5 mins, make 300mL of beef stock using the hot water & stockpot, add to the pan.
In a small saucepan make up the sauce as per the instructions using the milk, bring to the boil & thicken, tip into the beef mixture, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cook for 5 mins, tip contents into the slow cooker, set to “low” cook for at least 4 hrs.
When you are ready to the meal, make the rice as per instructions on the package.
Add the peas to the beef 5 mins before serving on a bed of the rice.

Beef Stroganof Slow Cooker (Small).JPGBeef Stroganof slow cooker-2 (Small).JPG

Back