Any tips or help.

FionaMcd

Gold Member
So today I'm quitting smoking. Have taken champix for 8 days now and have 2 cigs left and that's it!! Now I have lost nearly 2 stones on slimming world (bad couple days in s****y London hotel set me back) and I have 2 left to lose.... I really want to do both so can anyone tell me any tips of good snacks for when craving strikes. I have the usual bananas and grapes and buying some hifi bars at group today :) I really really want to do this... My Hubbie has quit today as well and following s world at home so it's a double whammy!! X

I gave up about 2 weeks before starting SW and my best alive would be to not eat because of your craving, even if it's healthy food as you'll get into the routine of eating not because of hunger.

I started painting my nails or having a shower in the evening and having a little pampered. Reward yourself, so after a week buy yourself something like a new top or go the cinema etc.

Good luck with it and just stay busy and positive!

Hiya i gave up in January after smoking 40 a day for about 25 years!!

I used the electronic cigs called "freshcig" and they are fantastic.

I had my gall bladder out end of Jan too and was quite ill so with combination of no fat in diet and being ill i had lost 2 stone but since giving up smoking have put it all back on! Think i was just snacking on rubbish really all the things i'd missed whilst i was ill - not good! Watch you don't fall into this trap!

Best of luck x

Thanks so far so good normally I'd be crying with rage now but I feel abnormally calm :) no snacking yet just sips of ice cold apple squash cause the tabs make me feel poorly x

I gave up 2 months ago using the electric cigs best thing I ever did only needed them for a few weeks! I would definitely advise you to look in to them, I haven't put on any weight but that's cos I'm concentrating on slimming world rather than the cravings and now they have well gone! Good luck and sure you will do well xx

I have no advice im afraid but just wanted to wish you loads of luck.

I am a smoker and want to give up. I had thought about it recently but thought it would be too hard doing that with just starting to lose weight too. Maybe this would be the best time for me as I could concentrate on this forum instead.

Good luck, Lindsay

Good luck! You can do this :D

I really want to give up, and i go on holiday in 2 weeks, so i think that might be the ideal time as i will be busy all the time, plus you aren't allowed to smoke in public or your hotel room so i would be a bit stuffed anyways.
So i still have cigs left and i figure they'll last a week or so, so in theory i should give up a couple of days before we leave.
Sorry the tabs are making you feel poorly, i have a few patches from when hubby quit last year (6) so i'm gonna use them up, to hopefully take the edge off, and i have one of those inhalator thingys with lots of cartridges, so i will take them too.

Do those pretend cigs actually work? i kinda feel like they might make me actually want a "real" one?

Anyhoo, sorry about the waffle, but good on ya and i truly wish you all the luck in the world :D x

Thanks everybody I was out of the house till 3 and I did really well but since being home cravings are a little worse x

I had a banana then made a cottage pie for dinner saved h ex b for hifi and have all my syns for snacks later x

Thank you the nausea doesn't last for very long :) just need to sip at water and make sure I have something in my belly x

I stopped in january and started a diet 6 weeks in, then after 3 weeks joined slimming world and here I am over 3 stone lighter. It can be done!!

I used patches and read allen carr: how to stop smoking (without gaining weight) for women. That book really changed my mindset.

I would reccommend NOT getting pretend fags (you're not allowed nicotine replacement with champix anyway) because of keeping the 'habit' there. You might get hooked on the pretend fag. People do. I wanted a complete clean break and it worked. I'm still smoke free! 7 months :) xx

I stopped in january and started a diet 6 weeks in, then after 3 weeks joined slimming world and here I am over 3 stone lighter. It can be done!!

I used patches and read allen carr: how to stop smoking (without gaining weight) for women. That book really changed my mindset.

I would reccommend NOT getting pretend fags (you're not allowed nicotine replacement with champix anyway) because of keeping the 'habit' there. You might get hooked on the pretend fag. People do. I wanted a complete clean break and it worked. I'm still smoke free! 7 months :) xx

^^inspiring^^ :)

Only have a few days worth left so this time next week hopefully i'll be joining you guys!!
Good luck Fiona, YOU CAN DO THIS!! :D x

^^inspiring^^ :)

Only have a few days worth left so this time next week hopefully i'll be joining you guys!!
Good luck Fiona, YOU CAN DO THIS!! :D x
Thanks hun I'm pleased my post did some good lol it really isn't that hard once you realise you don't want to be a smoker. Its when you try to stop and still hold the belief that you love it, that it will be a struggle. Life is good without fags x

Thanks girls
Must say slipped off wagon. Lost a very close friend will try again in couple days :) x

Don't worry, just try again. I really reccommend the book I said about. You can get a copy from amazon, its worth a try. If its not you're thing, then just try something else lol its just about finding what works for us x

Thanks girls
Must say slipped off wagon. Lost a very close friend will try again in couple days :) x

Aww i'm so sorry for your loss. Just try again when it feels right for you x

Back