Any vegans here

Micci

Gold Member
Any other vegans doing SW? I've just started today.

I'm vegan!
I've just started doing slimming world at home by myself again today. I have done slimming world at a class before whilst I've been vegan and it is possible. Just switch the cheese for soya cheese and choose the soya milk healthy extra options, and of course don't even bother with original days, just stick to green.

I'm vegan!
I've just started doing slimming world at home by myself again today. I have done slimming world at a class before whilst I've been vegan and it is possible. Just switch the cheese for soya cheese and choose the soya milk healthy extra options, and of course don't even bother with original days, just stick to green.

Hi, I'm really interested in you subbing vegan cheese for dairy cheese. Did your consultant know about that when you went to a group? When I mentioned it, the consultant's view was to use syns for it and I have done so ever since.

Sadly, I'm an old hand at SW, I've lost a lot first of all with SW groups then on my own with the book after I piled it all back on, intermittantly joining a group when I felt I needed the extra support or updated syns info.

Now, after a very difficult couple of years I've regained a few stones yet again and have gone for counselling this time and have lost 3lb - woo hoo, its a start but so far to go. Sadly, I've not got the spare time or money to go to groups and the counselling sessions.

Good luck yourself.

Hi

I'm a vegan and will be starting on 1st March. Am looking forwards to it :)

It will be good for you. I hope it goes really well, thanks for the reply.

I had a thought - I will start one of those food diaries here and maybe the other vegans can too and we can inspire each other with good things to eat.

No promises though as to how regularly I can keep mine up but I will start today.

bye

Micci xxx

Brilliant, I'll look forward to seeing it.

Just wondering ..... why the start date next month? Tell me to back off if I'm being too nosy. Its just that the temptation to have a few too many extra indulgences when we/you/I know we are about to start a weight loss programme can be difficult to avoid. On the other hand, mentally gearing up to start, getting strong and determined is goooooood.

Off to fill in some more of mine today.

Hi, I'm really interested in you subbing vegan cheese for dairy cheese. Did your consultant know about that when you went to a group? When I mentioned it, the consultant's view was to use syns for it and I have done so ever since.

The most recent book that I was given when I joined a group in June last year (it was the January 2010 book) had soya cheese listed as a HEB but strangely not a HEA. I can't see any reason why it couldn't be used as a HEA and the consultant did suggest just substituting it when I told her I was vegan.

I've got a food diary here if anyone is interested in having a look. My food Diary

Hello, I'm a vegan!

I have a food diary (the link is in my sig) but haven't updated it for a while

I too sub soy cheese for dairy cheese for my A section. I haven't asked my consultant, just been doing it since the beginning and found that it makes no difference to my losses and actually gets me to use my A sections, which I struggle with when soy milk is my only option.

This plan is great for a vegan diet, I love it :D I just wish it was easier to make low syn vegan cakes!

The most recent book that I was given when I joined a group in June last year (it was the January 2010 book) had soya cheese listed as a HEB but strangely not a HEA. I can't see any reason why it couldn't be used as a HEA and the consultant did suggest just substituting it when I told her I was vegan.

I've got a food diary here if anyone is interested in having a look. My food Diary

Hi Stef,

so it is! I just had a look, I hadn't bothered looking at the cheese section. That makes a difference to my eating now!

Thanks for the link to your food diary, I'll go and have a look in a minute.

Micci

Hello, I'm a vegan!

I have a food diary (the link is in my sig) but haven't updated it for a while

I too sub soy cheese for dairy cheese for my A section. I haven't asked my consultant, just been doing it since the beginning and found that it makes no difference to my losses and actually gets me to use my A sections, which I struggle with when soy milk is my only option.

This plan is great for a vegan diet, I love it :D I just wish it was easier to make low syn vegan cakes!

Hi, I saw your name on another thread last night. Thanks for introducing yourself - I'm off to look at your diary too and update mine.

Micci

ps yes, soggy ryvitas just don't work as a cake do they? I used to love cou cous cake long before I discovered SW so am sad to see they insist it has to be syned. I think its valid though, I used to use cous cous or rice with soya milk - I love it - instead of cereal and it didn't help with losing

Back