Any very cheap recipes please?!

First78

I haven't been a SW member for a very long time and my weight has slowly but surely been creeping up and I'm now at my biggest ever :( and am finding all my clothes are a size too small :(

This also coincides with the fact I have been unemployed for a while and now, although I have found a job, it is very poorly paid.

I really want to join SW but can't afford to, so my plan is to join a group just to get the starter pack (couldn't find a cheap one on ebay), and then do the diet at home with my partner.

I've never really understood EE so think I'll stick to Red and Green days, but as money is very tight just now I was wondering if people could give me some cheap meal ideas for breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Thanks in advance...I really want to make a success of the diet this time and shift a decent chunk of weight by Xmas.

Please do a search for budget ideas there are loads of threads on this subject as it gets asked regularly x

Beans on toast,soups, Spag. Bol. Egg & SW chips,Couscous dishes.

I really want to join SW but can't afford to, so my plan is to join a group just to get the starter pack (couldn't find a cheap one on ebay), and then do the diet at home with my partner.

Hey chick. Firstly, kudos for wanting to do something about the weight, but in my experience following plan at home (without being on lifeline online) I tended to cheat myself. Thinking "ooohh i'm not properly getting weighed so it wont REALLY matter" then I just end up back where I started.

I know how tight money can be. I have less than £200 a month to live on. The way I do it is bulk buy and bulk make! Make meals that can be frozen and reheated.

Superspeed tomato soup.. 2 tins of chopped tomatoes (66p), 2 tins of baked beans (48p), 1 tin of carrots (17p), 4 single pickled onions (38p for a jar)... This makes four portions!! So ideally you're making four meals for £1.69.

Obviously I know these prices aren't bang on but these are what they usually are in Asda.

Seriously, if you can find £20 a month to be able to go to a class, I would. It'd really be worth it. x :)

Hope following the sw diet at home works for you - there are always lots of good tips and recipes on MiniMins to help. At the moment Asda are doing pasta'n'sauce for 30p a packet (more than twice that at Tesco) so i have been stocking up on those. Also you can make a syn free quiche from them (add fat free/v low fat cottage cheese and eggs) - its filling and tastes good. When I make one it lasts for days in the fridge - good as a snack when you are hungry and good for a lunch box too.

Hey chick. Firstly, kudos for wanting to do something about the weight, but in my experience following plan at home (without being on lifeline online) I tended to cheat myself. Thinking "ooohh i'm not properly getting weighed so it wont REALLY matter" then I just end up back where I started.

I know how tight money can be. I have less than £200 a month to live on. The way I do it is bulk buy and bulk make! Make meals that can be frozen and reheated.

Superspeed tomato soup.. 2 tins of chopped tomatoes (66p), 2 tins of baked beans (48p), 1 tin of carrots (17p), 4 single pickled onions (38p for a jar)... This makes four portions!! So ideally you're making four meals for £1.69.

Obviously I know these prices aren't bang on but these are what they usually are in Asda.

Seriously, if you can find £20 a month to be able to go to a class, I would. It'd really be worth it. x :)

Hi Jodieboo,

Thanks so much for the words of support, it's much appreciated :)

I really wish I could find the money to go to class but right now it's not an option so I'm just going to have to do my best at home and hopefully rely on the support of people on this forum.

I love the sound of the superspeed tomato soup, is it just a case of blending all the ingredients together and is it syn free? Thanks so much for posting the recipe, as although I've been trying to search for cheap meal ideas I'm not having much success...probably searching in the wrong place!

Hope following the sw diet at home works for you - there are always lots of good tips and recipes on MiniMins to help. At the moment Asda are doing pasta'n'sauce for 30p a packet (more than twice that at Tesco) so i have been stocking up on those. Also you can make a syn free quiche from them (add fat free/v low fat cottage cheese and eggs) - its filling and tastes good. When I make one it lasts for days in the fridge - good as a snack when you are hungry and good for a lunch box too.

Hi Teddyjan,

Thanks for the words of encouragment :)
Would you mind telling me if it's Asda's own brand of pasta sauce and whether all the flavours are syn free. I love the idea of making a syn free quiche that I could take to work for lunch. How many egss would I need.

Many thanks :)

Hi Jodieboo,

Thanks so much for the words of support, it's much appreciated :)

I really wish I could find the money to go to class but right now it's not an option so I'm just going to have to do my best at home and hopefully rely on the support of people on this forum.

I love the sound of the superspeed tomato soup, is it just a case of blending all the ingredients together and is it syn free? Thanks so much for posting the recipe, as although I've been trying to search for cheap meal ideas I'm not having much success...probably searching in the wrong place!

Hi!! Sorry only just seen this lol. Yeah just heat on the stove and blend together.. it's really yummy :) I also add garlic and fresh basil x

I made your soup today & it was really nice! I didn't have any pickled onions so I used fresh & stuck in a dash of vinegar. This is going to be one of my winter favourites, thanks for the recipe :)

I used to make the tomato soup regularly and then somehow I totally forgot about it! I sometimes used to put a bit of stock in it and a dash of worcestershire sauce. You are right though, it is quick, easy and inexpensive!

Back