anyone else lost loads but still feel fat!!

dinkymonkey

cambridge counsellor
i am 2lbs of losing 3stone but i still feel fat. I have been over weight for the last 4 years. I am now a size 12 ish depending where i shop. I hve been told that i look good but i cant see it has anyone else got the same problem? I would be interested to know as i dont know if it is a general problem where i have lost the weight so quick and i need time to adjust to my new size or have i got some sort of dissolution problem like my family are telling me.

Hi Dinky, since Christmas I have lost 6 stone (one month cutting down calories, all the rest on LL/CD), like you I am now in a size 12, the weight loss has been fairly rapid it almost seems as if one minute I was shopping in Evans and just choosing what would fit (22/24), now I almost have my pick of clothes. Although my body has shrunk, my head hasn't caught up and I have days where I still feel fat and trapped within a size 22/24 body. I am going to have to work at this, I know....its very difficult to view ourselves as slim now, but we will get there! Congrats on your weight loss. Angela x

I am a size 12 - 14 and only have a stone to go. I have lost 3 stone. The last stone is a struggle and yes i have days when i still feel fat. I have days where ive convinced myself that im as fat as i ever was. Thank god for friends who keep telling me ive lost so much weight. I also think ive been messing around at this weight struggling to lose for about 6 weeks now so i recon you can also get used to your new size and want so much more.

welldone on such a great loss to date. I have kept up witha blog by a lady called Sarah who had the same problem as you. See a link to her blog from mine its called "hereigoagain" Sarah lost loads of weight yet still did not think she was thin, in fact she now looks fab and has finnished her blog and become a CDC
my blog address is The Big Diet then just look on the right of the page to link to hereigoagian

Congratulations!
Alan

I have the oposite problem.The literature and charts tell me I'm stil "obese" but my weight loss has been so dramatic that if I were to lose the 5stones to get to the upper limit of my weight-height range colleagues and family reckon that I would look ill and Bob Geldof would start sending me food parcels.
I really think it is a perception thing you have to live with you 24/7 so you will not notice any small gradual changes whereas someone who only sees you once a week, or once a month will notice a dramatic change in your size. Your head will catch up with your body eventually try not to let it dominate your thinking.The more you ruminate on it the more likely you are to start "inventing" explanations to make sense of it.Learn to enjoy the compliments and accept that if others see you as being thinner then that is how they see you. What have they got to gain by telling you you're thinner if your not.
Take care

Alex

if your a size 12 you should no way be feeling fat haha!! Be happy :D

I'm a size 22/24 now thats feeling fat!! Although my 24 clothes are getting a bit big for me now which makes me smile lots :D

Keep with it you will feel great in no time :D

Yup. I've become one of those really annoying "I'm soooooo fat" women who are actually not.

Weird how when I was a lot bigger I could quite happily look in the mirror and go....yup...I'm hot....looking good there, you're not that fat.

Now all I seem to do is moan that I'm fat when in reality I'm not really!!

Feel like I've gone insane!!:silly:

Last edited:
Snap Coley - I'm exactly the same, I'm sure my family and friends think I'm just constantly fishing for compliments, but I'm not - I just don't see the slim me (which I know I am) when I look in the mirror!

It is bizarre and very common dinky, you lose the weight so quickly on this diet, it does take your brain an age to catch up. I've been maintaining a year now and still don't see or think of myself as slim, was overweight for too long I guess! If you're a size 12, then you sure ain't fat anymore! :D

I think tbh we all feel like this no matter what diet we have followed, I lost a lot on ww a number of years ago and never felt thin then either!!!!

Dont forget, if people are used to seeing you big, then they will not be used to you when you are slim, I had many a comment of, you are going too far, you will be too slim, are you anorexic, and a few have said to me now that they cant imagibe what I looked like before as they see me as always being like this!!!!

Me too... although having about 12lbs to go it is prob a good thing as previously when I lost weight on ww I got complacent at 13.3 (didn't think I was skinny but didn't feel fat either). Not that I feel really truly obese anymore, but I am quite disatisfied. I want to be a size 12 (only just 14 now though everyone thinks I am a 12) and I won't be content until I achieve that. I just hope that will be in 11lbs time cos with my frame I dunno if I can get below 11stone easily....
Maddy

I have the oposite problem.The literature and charts tell me I'm stil "obese" but my weight loss has been so dramatic that if I were to lose the 5stones to get to the upper limit of my weight-height range colleagues and family reckon that I would look ill and Bob Geldof would start sending me food parcels.
I really think it is a perception thing you have to live with you 24/7 so you will not notice any small gradual changes whereas someone who only sees you once a week, or once a month will notice a dramatic change in your size. Your head will catch up with your body eventually try not to let it dominate your thinking.The more you ruminate on it the more likely you are to start "inventing" explanations to make sense of it.Learn to enjoy the compliments and accept that if others see you as being thinner then that is how they see you. What have they got to gain by telling you you're thinner if your not.
Take care

Alex

Alex,

I have the same problem. If I lose anymore weight I would look ill. Albeit I am quite happy with my size now and do have certain hangups about areas of my body but thatt's it. I really can't believe that the rest of the medical community still categorises me as fat but hey, I guess that's something we have to live with.

D

My daughter is 6ft tall and is a size 8 clothes skinny as you like and she often says she has fat days. So there you go. No she dosnt have a eating disorder she is just blessed with skinnydom and cant put weight on no matter how she tires.:confused:

i am 2lbs of losing 3stone but i still feel fat. I have been over weight for the last 4 years. I am now a size 12 ish depending where i shop. I hve been told that i look good but i cant see it has anyone else got the same problem? I would be interested to know as i dont know if it is a general problem where i have lost the weight so quick and i need time to adjust to my new size or have i got some sort of dissolution problem like my family are telling me.

Yes i know what you mean. I am exactly the same even my cdc said to me that i am never happy lol. On my last weigh in he showed me my pic of when i started and thats when i realised that i have lost, but i do still feel huge no matter what ppl say to me. Going to start gym tomorrow though so hopefully i may start to see a difference:)

I still am fat but bizarrley feel bigger now than I did when I started. isn't it weird. I guess the mind takes longer than the body to get to goal

im realived to know there are others who feel the same i was starting to think mabie i had a problem:cool:

Alex,

I have the same problem. If I lose anymore weight I would look ill. Albeit I am quite happy with my size now and do have certain hangups about areas of my body but thatt's it. I really can't believe that the rest of the medical community still categorises me as fat but hey, I guess that's something we have to live with.

D

Hi D,
I know what you mean. I was a nurse for 20years and the more I worked with Doctors(and some nurses) the more I trusted Vets

Alex

i have lost just short of 6 stone, sometimes i look in the mirror & see i look ok, but then i take off my clothes & the fat is still ther, great rolls of it. 'spose at size 16 i am still fat !
xx:)

I am a size 16 too after losing 7.5 stones, but thats because I have a wobbly belly that is all wrinkly yukk. My skin has the elasticity of a 75 year old I think :D

Even at a size 16 I dont feel fat anymore, I'll be happy with a size 14 when I finish dieting. After so many years of not being able to walk even 100 yards before being out of breath, and every joint in my body protesting, nowadays I am just so happy to be able to walk anywhere and be so active without any aches and pains. I can live with the hideous belly and boobs long as all that weight has gone!

Last edited:
I am 10 stone 4lbs now, and see fill fat. I think its something you think, because you have always seen your self as fat.
I think i have found that my CD journey is starting to become addictive and rule my life, as I am always looking at kcals and saturated fat in a product!

I've lost 5 and a half stone and gone from a size 24 to a size 16 and I feel more depressed than ever for some reason, I think it's the wrinkly belly and legs. I feel a really odd shape and shopping is even more of a trauma than ever. Ho hum, hoping the last 3 stone will miraculously even everything out!

Back