Anyone else?

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
I'm now on day 11 and I feel brilliant, more energy than ever and never hungry. I'm starting to find taking the shakes effort, is there a stage in ketosis where you just totally lose your appitite?
Is anyone else feeling this way? It's great not having hunger but I've lost that excited motivation I had, it feels like a way of life now?
Anyone?

xx

PERFECT!!!

WAY OF LIFE! (Although short term obviously!)

You are in the perfect mindset, the packs are keeping you safe so have them always.

You aren't hungry anymore and shouldn't be....

PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT!

Whatever you are doing, bottle it and keep doing it and you'll be slim before you blink.

Mike

And smile all the way through it!! Keep positive and enjoy losing weight and being healthier and keep that positivity going into maintenance.

Well done you!

Mike

Aw thank you! Yeah I'm really happy, when I say lost the excitment it was the excitement of something new which is good cos I was kind of obsessed with the diet whereas now I just feel it's kind of how I live, don't actually feel like I'm missing out anymore as a few of my friends have volunteered to be "sober buddies" on weekends!
I was just curious, I thought I should be slightly hungry or faint but I'm full of life.
Keep thinking I must have two personalitys and my other one scoffs it's face and that's why I'm never hungry! Or that I'm sleep walking to the kitchen and eating everything in sight!

Thanks Ice moose and WELL DONE!! you're before and after pics among others really kept me going in the first few days!

xx

Mike,

Is this a normal reaction to VLCD?

Cheers

:D

Mike,

Is this a normal reaction to VLCD?

Cheers

:D

From experience the people who are very very sucessful on the diet do it with a smile on their face, do it as a towards a goal strategy, enjoy losing weight and also just see it as a way of life and don't live the diet by the minute, they just kind of accept that they are doing it for a while and get "used to it"

M.

I also went through this feeling......I loved the diet and how it made me feel. Now I am pregnant I am missing my drinks though I have had a drink now and again between meals if feeling peckish....

Yeah I feel like "what will I do afterwards" which to me is the only negative about LT is that there's no after support like someone to see every week to discuss how your healthy eating is going although I'm not thinking about finishing too much as I've a long way to go and now loving every minute. My pharmacist suggested weight watchers for after support but I wouldn't feel comfortable telling my LT story and probably wouldn't be allowed to a group who are doing WW.

xx

I am sure you would be able to join another slimming class, its entirely up to you if you offered your story also, you may just be someone joining to learn about healthy eating! Even if you did tell them about your lipo journey, its not as though you'd be doing lipo whilst you were at ww is it!? I have heard that the low gi diet is a good one to follow after a diet like this, but as always everyone if different and I suppose its preference?

Well done. When I started and did my first week, I was like "Great - but that was only week one - I've got loads more weeks to do....will I be able to do it long-term?????" PANIC!

Now I'm in week 17, I've forgotten what it was like to have my life ruled by food and I look forward to my hot chocs, choc muffins, thai chilli crisps and strawberry mousses! I am now starting to use the things I've been learning with LL counselling to prepare me for my return to food in about a month's time, and I feel SO positive about moving onto this next stage because for the first time in my life I really BELIEVE that I will NOT put it all back on again. I find that abstinence helps you re-evaluate your relationship with food completely and learn from that chance to stand back from it and assess it for what it is.

Luckily, I've been like ice-moose says - I've never seen it as a prison, I've adapted it to my life, and I've been positive throughout. I had one cry/strop the other day (not bad for 17 weeks) which I soon put behind me, and noted that my first thought was not "WHAT CAN I EAT???" but what can I do to help my body do what I want it to do. That's a HUGE leap in the right direction!

Keep it up!

Back