Anyone for a bike ride?

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
Woooooohoooooooooooooooo I passed my CBT!!!!

Drove for miles, along all these very windy and wet and sunny and hail'ing country roads, and through towns and I passed it.

Change of plan though, I'm going to buy a 125 and ride that for a couple of months and then do the DAS, want to get some good practice in before getting to tests etc.

Now I need to shop for a bike :D

well done ! Soon be out on a Harley ;)

Well done!!

Cheers everyone - I'm absolutely made up ........... got a massive smile now today :rotflmao:

Well done Katie! Good plan gettin a litle runner for some practice. I had intended to do the DAS right after my CBT, which I did. But I had three test dates cancelled due to bad weather on the coast. So my test ended up being months after my CBT. So I got a little Suziki SN125 - great little learner, and I was glad in the end to have had that time to practice.

I figured I would then test on the 500cc at the test centre, then stay on the 125 for a bit, but I went for one trial ride on my Harley and that was it - sod the 125! lol...but they are great little learniers. Honda CG125s are good as well.

You were lucky to get some riding today in all sorts of weather - thats the best way to learn. All my training days were rainy and windy - figured if I got through and tested in that, I'd be fine!! lol

Well done honey! I will toast you with my water tonight! :D

You get your license and we'll meet up and go for a blat sometime!

Well done Kate great news.

I am not into bike, but a Harley now you are talking;)

LOL BL and LL - nope it aint a harley for me --- def want more of a sports one .... well I think I do!

We were going to go bike hunting over the weekend but the owner of the company phoned earlier and said that if (hopefully) I pass my theory on Thursday then I'm to go see them and they'll give me a DAS assessment which is where they'll put me on a 500 for an hour (ER5) and see how I go on that -- If I'm okay then to do the 3 day DAS and if not then to practice more on a 125 --- he says the 500's are easier to handle (and hubby agrees) so I'm almost back to square 1!

well done Katie, I'm terrified of motorbikes I have a real phobia. My OH starts racing them this year and I will not be watching. A few Years ago my brother got me on the back of one and he had a few drinks in him as did I. Well we both come off, fell right on top of a wheelie bin never again. I'm really ashamed to say I did that.

well done katie :) xx

well done Katie, I'm terrified of motorbikes I have a real phobia. My OH starts racing them this year and I will not be watching. A few Years ago my brother got me on the back of one and he had a few drinks in him as did I. Well we both come off, fell right on top of a wheelie bin never again. I'm really ashamed to say I did that.

Oooh, not a good idea at all Lola!!! :whoopass: :) But you learned, and you were very lucky really. Phew!

I never drink when i am riding - not even one. Need all my wits about me.

Back