Anyone got a can of Aldi Coral Baked beans in their cupboard?

Val72

Sorry, I know it is a wierd question, but i need a favour!

I am doing slimming world on the net and live in australia, where we also have aldi. I have a tin of corale premium baked beans and someone has said to check because they may have a different recipe for aussie tastes. Anyway, I ran it through the syn calculator and it has come up with 2 syns per can. I just wanted to check what the info on the uk tins was to see how much difference there was to justify these syns.

So if someone can check out the nutritional info for me i would be really greatfull

I need per 100g:

Cals
Protein
Fat
Carbs

and the portion size

Thank you very much

xxx

Did you remember to include a free food allowance for the beans - that can really affect the syn values!

Did you remember to include a free food allowance for the beans - that can really affect the syn values!

Yep did that and it came out with syns - thats why i need the info - just to check it out and see what is so very different!

Thanks for the info - that give the same nutritional info as i have here

Per serving 210g
Cals 190
fat 1
carbs 30
protein 11

and that works out on the calculator at 1 syn per portion. The website is .com so that may be american??? not sure - anyway on the calculator is comes out at 1 syn, but if i assume it is the same nutritional value world wide, why does syns online say it is free???

Am Confused!!

The product directory is the most reliable data for syns that SW can provide.

The syn calculator should only be used for things that don't appear on the product list - the method of calculation involves a 'best guess' as part of the calculation (the system doesn't know exactly how much of a free food is in any particular item) so it works out the worst case scenario syn value (this worst case scenario syn value situation also appears in the book for unbranded items like a chocolate muffin, etc).

It seems that the nutritional value for both countries is the same, so syn free for you!

Hope that helps explain it a bit :)

Back