Anyone had a planned deviation from CD? – advice needed

slimboots

Hi everyone,
I’m in my 4[SUP]th[/SUP] week of Cambridge trying to lose 21 pounds in total with 10 gone so far. Really enjoying the results so far and the hard times in the diet are an hour here and there rather than days on end.
It’s my birthday at the end of the month. I originally said that I wasn’t going to start until after my birthday as I wanted to enjoy it but then had a word with myself thinking “I could be half way to goal by that time instead of further away if I keep eating the way I’m going” and I was right!
Anyway, I will be off plan for a lot of my birthday weekend and I told CDC from the off that this was an absolute deal breaker. I’m more than willing to sacrifice drinking on nights out etc. however my birthday is non negotiable....I live in London but originally from Glasgow and have friends down for the weekend. With one eye on this I have moved up to 810 this week and will continue next week because I don’t want to go from SS straight to eating.
The Thursday I have dinner and drinks with a friend. I thought about having jacket potato at lunch time to bring me out of ketosis. Dinner will also involve carbs and then we’ll have a few vodka and slim line tonics later.
Saturday involves rather long periods of alcohol. I have hired a canal boat from 12 to 3 and we will all take our own alcohol. I am going to drink vodka with coke zero – pre filled in a 500ml coke zero bottle. Then we will have dinner and I’ll eat what I eat paying absolutely no attention to portion sizes and finish off with a dessert (a girl only has one birthday a year).
Sunday I know I will be hungover and trying to do SS is out of the question so I thought I’d try and do the 1000 plan for that day so I can have some wholemeal toast in the morning. We are out for another dinner that evening but I’ve checked and I can have chicken salad and will stay off the booze altogether....then hopefully back on the wagon to limit damage prior to the Wednesday weigh in!
I’m just looking for people to share their opinions and experiences really. How does that lot sound? What should I do on the Friday which is in-between naughty days? My CDC said I should continue to eat carbs that day to prepare my body for alcohol. Does anyone have any input? (I am prepared for but dreading those first few days back on the wagon!!!!) x

soudsn like you've got it all planned out well. i've recently had a few breaks myself due to holidays and i've put on half a stone in a week but thats because i really came off the diet and went mad on carbs and drink. as soon as i got back on SS, the weight came off and I'm now back to my weight pre-holidays. as long as you can enjoy ur break and get back on the diet straight after, you'll still be on target to lose ur weight pretty quickly. 21lbs isn't a lot to lose and as you've already lost 10, you know the diet works so as long as you can into the mindset of getting back on track right away, those extra lbs will be off in no time! enjoy ur birthday!

It's great that you have a plan aslong as you stick to it, my plans have often gone awry!
One break shouldn't hurt, just don't get into the habit of having the breaks cos it will make the diet much harder to stick to, trust me, that's where I am now!

And as you say its only your bday once a year :)

Most I think I've gained is 4lbs from having a week off, and that was with alot of carbs too! As long as you get straight back on you will get the weight off as quick as you gained it :)

We are going away Sunday for a few days only up to our caravan BUT I am trying to think of what to do, I mean I can still do CD but only really SS can't really cook chicken breasts in the caravan, Well I can but would take for ever. And the restaurant does not offer fresh food it's all processed. So I either do SS or eat a sensible meal. But then there is alcohol ermmmmm I don't know what to do.. lol

Glad you have planned, planning is important now I need to work out my plan.. lol

We are going away Sunday for a few days only up to our caravan BUT I am trying to think of what to do, I mean I can still do CD but only really SS can't really cook chicken breasts in the caravan, Well I can but would take for ever. And the restaurant does not offer fresh food it's all processed. So I either do SS or eat a sensible meal. But then there is alcohol ermmmmm I don't know what to do.. lol

Glad you have planned, planning is important now I need to work out my plan.. lol

Don't know if you eat them but you could do omelettes instead, alot easier to make in a caravan, even with a little cheese or ham.
Or any other 2 egg dishes really so boiled or poached etc.
Or Tuna Salad which doesn't require any cooking.
Maybe get some precooked chicken but be sure to check the packet as a lot of them contact loads of sugar!

O m g I never thought of anything else. I could have Tuna for defo love it. Will look through my book over the next few days and plan.

Now I am there Sunday-Wednesday I would like to have a drink, i know there are few bottles of weight watchers wine there and crates of fosters.

If I stick with 810 like I been doing until Friday and then Saturday start to introduce more carbs so I get taken out of ketosis and can have a drink safely then? Obviousley I'm scared because I know when I start to drink I can't stop and there be loads of entertainment an that means pints. Oh golly gosh !!

Don't think I'm strong enough to r sober when my husband is wobbly I would be so jelous and end up shaving his eye brows. Lol

Slimboots I admire your precise planning! Id just be careful with the alcohol as I went out for my sister's birthday and stuck to water all night, then someone bought me a 'diet coke' which turned out to be a vodka and coke and although I only had a little amount of it, it made me so ill and it completely knocked me our of ketosis and took me two days to get back into it! The day after the night I felt so sick and queasy all day it felt worse than my first day :( ! My WI's are on Wednesday and for that week I only lost a measley 3lbs! But maybe as you're eating food with along the drink you might not be so bad!

Thanks for your input everyone.... Yes I'm all planned- what scares me is starting to eat and getting totally out the way of dieting!!!! I'm scared that come the Monday I'll be like "ah screw it" if I could turn back time I actually would not have arranged anything and would have postponed my celebrations until the end of august! I just did not realise how in to the diet I would get!

Shaz that is truly awful someone done that!! I know that when you drink alcohol in ketosis it can be dangerous and make you feel awful! That's why I'm planning to come safely out of it before going near alcohol and pace myself- no silly shots or binge drinking! Vodka and diet mixers the whole time!

I know i still can't believe it! I think with all your planning and careful forward thinking you'll be fine once the mini-break from cambridge is over as you sound so focused and determined! It's sensible how youve decided to come out of ketosis before hand as well! It'll be interesting to read how you get on... And if you feel like the 'oh stuff it' come on here and we'll nagg you back on track :D

Thanks Shaz! Yes, this post will no doubt be brought back from the dead come the 30th July lol- while I complain about getting the weekends worth of crap out my system! X

I had a few nights out and not once did i gain! But i didnt eat particularly badly... Had chicken rice and veg before the alcohol and finished the nights with half a tub of chicken chow mein from chinese,
The next day was hard with the hangover... I could hardly stomach the shakes so barely ate anything alday untill tea time where id eat a chicken/bacon salad?!
The way i look at is.... Just enjoy it make ur cheating worth it and have a bloody good time! Worst case scenario is you'll b set back a week or 2?!! But uv got the rest of ur life to make that back, ur birthday is once so just enjoy :)

Well girls - first day back on track after five days of being completely outrageous!! And I bitterly regret it. I'm bloated, hungry, tearful, have a pounding headache and will not feel okay for another few days! It will be a couple of weeks before I feel like CD is normal and my clarity of mind is back.....I'd love to say it was worth it but honestly it wasn't! In a lot of ways this is good as it has totally spurned me on to be 100% until target then work up the steps religiously!!! x

Im a bit worried as I have my stag do then my wedding two weeks later so I need to be out of ketosis (still dieting though) for these two

I'm off to my Mum's caravan on friday till sunday for my brother's birthday, there will be alcohol, and there will be food!
I'm just going to enjoy it I think and get right back on it when I get back,
I have nothing else to stand in my way until the 31st of august when I'm having an ann summers party,
But then after that i'm gonna try my hardest to be 100% till I reach my target!
Thats the plan anyway..xx

KD and CR...I'd say just plan as best you can and get yourself in the mind set to get back on track after your event(s). I'm weighing in tomorrow so will report on the damage then - I'm nto feeling confident - oh well. it's done and I reckon the best thing I can do is crack on, suffer getting back in to ketosis the next few days and aim to lose any gain by next week's weigh in. I feel and look very bloated but that's to be expected given all the alcohol I drank!!!

Back