Anyone heard of the Dixie Chicks?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by Delli, 3 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Delli

Delli Talks too much

theyre an american female country and western group, hugely successful in america with a strong following in ireland too!! me and my sisters are big fans, some of their songs are brillant and they help me pass many a car journey!!

(if anyone meets me when im driving they would think im demented, usually singing like a lunatic :D)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Yup - they're good!! If you like them you'll probably like the Wreckers too!! Good old Sh*t kicking music

4. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers/low carb/cc
    Love the Dixie Chicks -- we used to sing "Earl" all the time. One of them got into a sticky "politically correct" situation several years ago when she criticized President Bush and the war in Iraq... but as time went on people began to see that maybe she was "on to something".

5. Delli

Delli Talks too much

yep, i remember that. think she might have had a point! love 'Earl', also love 'Travellin' Soldier' and 'Godspeed'. 'Wide open spaces' is brillant too! too many to mention!
  6. Glorious_Day

Glorious_Day Banned

I've heard a couple of tunes i think the one i liked most was called "There's Your Trouble" but it was a few years ago, at least 8 or 9.

Anyone on here listen to Jewel?
  7. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

South Beach
    They are fab fab fab. It made me laugh you calling them Country and Western. My brother is into Country BIG TIME and to wind him up I'd call the music Country and Western. It really annoyed him....he was like...."its not Dolly Parton, its just called Country"...anything to wind my brother up LOL. I love that type of music now. I'm converted BIG TIME.

I love Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flats, Brad Paisley, Tim MaGraw, Jodee Messina, Jessica Andrews, Faith Hill....I could go on. The music is AMAZING. I'll never wind him up again about that type of music....Its now my favorite.

I just have to add....Keith Urban YUMMY. Nicole Kidman is soooooooooooo lucky!! Take a look...
  8. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

When I think Dixie Chicks I think " There's Your Trouble".

I know Jewel but can't think of any songs of the top of my head.
  9. brett30

brett30 keep smiling

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Gastric bypass surgery
    love the dixie chicks they are big in oz ..... i was living there for a few years and thats when i got to know about them
  10. sasperilla

sasperilla Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    I love the Dixie Chicks. Not Ready To Make Nice is one of my all time favourite songs :D x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.