Anyone in the 21 stone ?!

Hi everyone
Hope your all doing well x Totally off topic Ellie but I just got myself a rather nice new Cath K peg bag...HA HA!! I blame you for putting the idea in my head;) Food wise I'm doing much better this week, it feels so good to be taking back control after a difficult couple of weeks. Just ordered a new bathroom suite...lovely - as ours wouldn't be out of place if you went back in time to the 80's and is more of a trickle than a shower AAAGH!! x

Agree with Jem, Vixen. We none of us tend to mind the little gains when we know why. It'll be a distant memory soon. ;)

Jem, well done for realising that all the hard work and organization HAD to be rewarded with a lovely new peg bag for your lovely new house. The bathroom suite is another matter, that was just greedy! :p Still I'm not jealous. I got a new shower curtain. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you're back on plan. Today I was too but yesterday was a bit fuzzy. I was working from memory what was on my food list and got two days intertwined. :sigh: Today I'm keeping my list beside me so no errors.

Oh Ellie, you crack me up!!!:D But yes, I did realise that it HAD to be done LOL. ;) Good idea about keeping your food list to hand,so easy to get days confused, i think I need to start doing this again myself, I've been doing it from memory but think it may be a good idea to go back to basics and start writing it all down again like I was in the beginning, especially in the next few weeks as I get back 100%. Feel cross with myself as I was so looking forward to getting my bum on that seat in the 20's but due to my 'diversion' won't be there for a while yet...still better late than never!

A couple of good weeks, Jem, and you could really put a dent in those 21's. :D

I won't be leaving the 20's anytime soon with my upcoming holiday. Not unless its to up a zone, judging by last years gains. :rolleyes: Even if that were to happen we'll just battle back through the zone all together. No point stressing it. :p

I hope so....Definitely no point stressing, as you say we'll get there Ellie no matter what, we're all here for each other and know where we need to be so we'll get there in the end, diversions or not:)x

Hi lovely ladies, I lost 2lb today and got Slimmer of the Month (-7lb in June) so I got a lovely little sticker and a fridge magnet. :) Very happy. x

How are you lot doing? Everyone okay? x

Hi lovely ladies, I lost 2lb today and got Slimmer of the Month (-7lb in June) so I got a lovely little sticker and a fridge magnet. :) Very happy. x

How are you lot doing? Everyone okay? x

Well done Hipps, that's great!!:D Still not doing great myself, STS this week, struggling with lots going on at home at the moment, but determined to start losing again soon..i'll be back!! x

Well done Hipps, that's great!!:D Still not doing great myself, STS this week, struggling with lots going on at home at the moment, but determined to start losing again soon..i'll be back!! x

STS, always better than a gain! :) It is stressful, so just keep plodding on and you'll get back to it when you're ready. x

Thanks Hipps, it's feels so hard to get back to where I was in my mind, just a few weeks off course due to the house move seems to have spiralled out of control for me, really upset about that as I was doing so well AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH :sigh: I have a lot of stress at the moment but I'm realising that I'm going to have to force myself to get back properly to this now regardless. Even though I've been better in the last week I know I'm not 100% yet, and i know that once I am and I'm losing properly again it will make me feel much better:D Is Ellie on her happy hols by the seaside? not jealous at all:rolleyes: xx

She is indeed, Jem, and boy am I being BAD. I'm shocking myself. :rolleyes: I seem to have developed the sweetest tooth, not like me at all. I've been ploughing through the most delicious treats.
Didn't help that *week arrived nearly 2 weeks late on the day we started the hols, so that wrote off the next 3 days for me as I'm dreadful then. Exactly the same thing happened last year. Whats the chances! We only usually have 1 week a year hols too. Really irritating.

When all is said and done we're having a great time after a truely dreadful couple of years. If I have to pop back a zone for a week or two it would be worth it.

Must just say Hipps well done yet again. :D And don't you worry about the move messing you weight loss around, Jem. I can empathise there. Lots of stress here too but we'll overcome the obstacles, we're too determined to fail. ;)

Hi ladies, got weighed this morning . -3lbs ! Glad that 1 on has gone away now. :) Love seeing that bmi slowly going down.
My goal is to loose 2 stone by my holiday and im only 3lbs away with 4 weeks to go!

Feeling positive and really motivated

She is indeed, Jem, and boy am I being BAD. I'm shocking myself. :rolleyes: I seem to have developed the sweetest tooth, not like me at all. I've been ploughing through the most delicious treats.
Didn't help that *week arrived nearly 2 weeks late on the day we started the hols, so that wrote off the next 3 days for me as I'm dreadful then. Exactly the same thing happened last year. Whats the chances! We only usually have 1 week a year hols too. Really irritating.

When all is said and done we're having a great time after a truely dreadful couple of years. If I have to pop back a zone for a week or two it would be worth it.

Must just say Hipps well done yet again. :D And don't you worry about the move messing you weight loss around, Jem. I can empathise there. Lots of stress here too but we'll overcome the obstacles, we're too determined to fail. ;)

You enjoy those delicious treats Ellie, we don't get enough holidays so you make the most of it while you can! Know what you mean about * week surprises when you least want it..normally happens to me too LOL! Still not being great food wise (wish I wasn't an emotional eater:(), my dog has taken a turn for the worst and been in the animal hospital for 4 days, just got her home and are following her new medication/feeding regime. But vet says sadly if the new meds don't really help and she doesn't improve soon we may have to call it a day. She has been ill for about 6 months now but is currently worse than ever, and it's getting to the point where it's not fair on her or us which is heartbreaking - she is nearly 14 and so much part of the family it's a horrendous thing to have to face. Just praying for an improvement and dreading the worse at the moment. Sorry to go on...Hope you are all having a good weekend, as you say Ellie we'll get back on track in no time because no matter what life throws at us provided we don't give up we WILL get there:) xx

Ah I'm sorry about your dog, Jem. They do become one of the family and I remember how devastated I was when I had to lose mine. Changed to cats afterwards mistakenly thinking I wouldn't get so attached but no, it was just as sad.
I hope she picks up on the new meds. Shes lived a good age at 14. Many are not so fortunate.

Think I'm definitely back in the grove this morning. A little peek at the scales yesterday when I got home confirms I will be nipping back to this zone on Monday but hopefully for a brief visit. I was naughtier than last year. How csn anyone put on so much weight in a mere week!! Urgh the nut brittle got me. Didnt know I liked it but got addicted to the stuff, as well as the chocolate cinder toffee. :eek:

Oh well, menu planning here I come. Its actually refreshing to get back to plain foods again.

Thanks Ellie, I'm keeping everything crossed that she will pick up but i know I have to be realistic, but yes she has lived to be a good age at almost 14 so I'm lucky and feel proud to have had her in my life for so long :) I know what you mean about cats, I just think any pet that give gives us such happiness and affection and loves us unconditionally is hard not to get attached to dog or cat we love them all and whatever age they get to it's always too soon to say goodbye for me:(

I love nut brittle too, and cinder toffee yum yum, but the thing is on your holidays it has to be done, its essential to have what you fancy LOL!! Your brief visit back to this zone won't last long so we won't expect to have your company for long! I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck here for a while the way things are going at the moment, but i'll get to the 20's in the end..just have to get my momentum back which I'm finding tough at the moment, but I will do it as I've no intention of giving up that seat you've reserved me!! xx

You'll get your seat in the 20's, Jem and don't forget that beautiful orange shiney to add to your sig. One of my favourite ones although I've taken a fancy to that fresh green 4 st shiney now. (Dream on ellie!!)

Confession, all went well until 5pm. Rushing around all day and only had yogurt and rhubarb for breakfast and a bit if ham lunchtime so when that horrible question is asked Whats For Tea? I collapsed and had a takeaway. :eek:
Now being naughty on hols is one thing but I'm home now. ITS GOT TO STOP!

Bum kicking will have to be done if I'm not behaving by Monday. I'm counting on you girls.

Put the takeaway down as an extended holiday indulgence...have to admit we normally have a takeaway if we get back from hol's at the weekend, then start afresh on Monday. However, if I hear of anymore though young lady i'll be getting my hob nail boots on ready to give you a large kick up the bum;) we don't want you hanging around this zone for long LOL!! Yes I am fond of orange and it would be look great on my Sig. I better get myself in gear next week come what may, and I feel the new green shade you fancy will suit your sig. very well indeed! xx

Deserve the kick up the bum. 21.7 this morning. :whistle: Thats 1st and half pound on. :eek:
Tried entering it on SW online and it refused repeatedly. Kept telling me I must have made a typing error. Nothing like rubbing it in! In the end I had to enter 4.5lb less as thats the only way it would accept it. :rolleyes:
Frankly, I think SW were being a bit shortsighted. I read these boards. I'm not the first to hit the wild side when I've been on my hols. :p

Anyway, there you have it. As anticipated I shall be working my way back down this zone again. Naturally the men in the house barely put a lb on while away. They did do loads of walking and pushing me in the wheelchair so that was good exercise for them. I managed a brief walk pushing my chair round a car boot one morning but was in agony and the arthritis flared up so bad I had to call it a day.

I miss walking. Still, new knees are on the horizon so best get down to the hard work of shifting this weight to get them. :D

Like you, Jem, decided in the end I'd wait until today to begin again. Lads wanted to wait and I didn't need too much convincing. LOL.

Enough of my waffle, how are you all getting on? ;)

EDITED: Might even think about setting some targets. I generally shy away from those but I'll have a little ponder.

Last edited:
Ellie, it sounds like you had a great time on your jolly holidays! :D Knowing you, that'll be gone in no time, easy on is always followed by easy off. Good luck. x

I feel a bit bad saying this now, so I'll whisper it... I lost 3lb, got my 1 and 1/2st award and got slimmer of the week this week, so I'm a very happy bunny this afternoon. :)

How's everyone else doing? x

You are so determined Ellie, you'll soon get that off, I've every confidence you'll have that green shiney in no time at all! x Congratulations Hipps you are shredding through those pounds and are putting me to shame! :rolleyes: Confession time now as I'm facing up to things and getting back on track this week come what may. I've not been on it 100% for quite a few weeks now, I've kind of lost track of how many weeks it's been what with the move and ill dog, been dreading weighing in so have missed a few Mondays and left it as STS:eek: so today I've braved the scales and found I've put on 4 3/4lbs in those 4? weeks. To be honest I thought it would be worse than that, I've not been dreadful but just not following the plan as I should be. So there we go, I've faced up to it and now I know where i am and what I have to do...have to start working to get back to the 21's...I shouldn't really be here, but I hope you'll let me stay until I am officially allowed back:wave_cry: xx

Don't you be sad about telling us of that terrific loss because I plonked it on! I'm over the moon for you, Hipps. ;) Ohhh and look at you getting slimmer of the week. There will be no stopping you now. :D

You're right too, I DID enjoy that hols and no regrets. I've 51 other weeks of the year to be good. :p It wasn't really the quantity of food I ate but the type. Oh my, the cream teas and cakes. I cared less about syn values and went for all the chocolatey and creamy treats all week. It was naughty but lovely.

Been good today at least. 100% on plan and enjoying it. :D I've even managed some body magic with a bit of gardening. At least of can exercise everything bar my legs so I must be using up plenty of energy. I was exhausted afterwards even gardening from a garden chair. (shows how unfit I am!)

Have you been good today, Jem?

Back