Anyone in the 21 stone ?!

Our posts crossed Jem. Well what can I say, 4.5lbs in 4 weeks? You clearly need training from the master when it comes to whacking the weight back on! :p Seriously, doesn't it feel great when you just 'fess up and move on. I've been in a good mood all day.
You need to stay here. We'll cheer each along. I'm nipping between two myself. :D

Ellie.....I think the sound of your cream teas and delicious cakes and sweet treats was MORE than worth it;)!! I always put on when I go on my hols, as to me if I can't eat what I want it's not a holiday!! I'm going away for my hols at the end of August so I better get my 'diversion' weight off and then some before then or I'll have by big bum still wedged in the 22's at Xmas and that's not an option!! Must admit I thought I'd gained more, so it was a slight relief..though I still feel cross with myself (why oh why am I an emotional eater:mad: AAAAAAAGH). As you say it feels good to fess up though, now we can move onwards and downwards together, we'll get there as we are so determined and giving up is not an option:) And WELL DONE AGAIN HIPPS:D!! so chuffed for you, I need to follow your example!! xxx

Now I want a cream tea! :D You know you did the right thing Ellie, holidays are meant to be enjoyed! x

Jem, good for you for facing up to it, it's really hard to do, and you stay where you are, what's a few pounds between friends?! :D x

Thanks Hipps, i'll get there...x

The memories of those cream teas will keep me going for another year! Bliss. :D

Was shocked by how much I put on in truth. Not upset as such, I got over that self loathing thing a while ago, but more intrigued. Some of it might be water retention as after my first day back on plan I had to spend half the night going back and forth to the bathroom. Hubbs was likewise. :p Good job we're not on a water meter. Four times me, five times him. :eek:

Having french toast for brekkies with banana and yogurt. All carefully syned right down to the amaretti biscuits crushed over the top. :drool:
Having Lemony Herb crusted fish with new pots and steamed veg for tea and hot mackerel salad for lunch. Happy days!

my heads in such a spin asi have alot of things going on with my nan. I have a great support in my family and boyfriend, but they dont know the emotional eating pattern im seeming to find myself doing..

Shes recenetly developed parkinsons and we think she has dementia and I was looking after her yesterday and she could see people (hallucinations) and im finding it so so hard to cope.
My nans always been so strong, a fun, very sassy lady, but shes lost LOADS of weight and now she looks like a frail old woman.
Im finding myself turning to comfort eat and I really really dont want to go down that road.
I even feel like a failiure typing this, and I dunno i just want a cuddle. :(

my heads in such a spin asi have alot of things going on with my nan. I have a great support in my family and boyfriend, but they dont know the emotional eating pattern im seeming to find myself doing..

Shes recenetly developed parkinsons and we think she has dementia and I was looking after her yesterday and she could see people (hallucinations) and im finding it so so hard to cope.
My nans always been so strong, a fun, very sassy lady, but shes lost LOADS of weight and now she looks like a frail old woman.
Im finding myself turning to comfort eat and I really really dont want to go down that road.

:bighug:

Aw, lovely, in what way are you a failure? Please don't think like that. It's so hard when someone you love starts changing into someone you don't recognise, it's hard to see them deteriorate (my gran had dementia, so I can empathise) of course you're going to look for comfort from somewhere... anywhere! You have to understand that coming here, being honest, shows us that you aren't 'failing' at anything, you're still doing this. When you feel ready to get back on the plan you will, until then you just have to do what helps you get by. Sending you big virtual hugs. xx

Vix, people manage stress in different ways, some with agressive behaviour, sometimes drink or drugs. Others become workaholics. Some of us just use food to cope. Its sad but its not a terrible thing and it will take time and masses of effort for us to learn another way of managing emotions.
Hipps was right, how have you failed? You're there supporting family, caring for your nan, not running away from the responsibility. Doesn't sound like anyone else is disappointed in you but yourself. We expect so much from ourselves sometimes.
Take the pressure off, Vix. What you're dealing with is enough to bear. ;)

Hello ladies, and gents if there are any lurking. I'm hoping I may be able to join you a little sooner than I should be, but none of the threads with 22/23 stone have anyone there! I've got 1 stone 8 til I should be here but if it's ok to be here a bit earlier I'd be grateful lol x jo x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Hello ladies, and gents if there are any lurking. I'm hoping I may be able to join you a little sooner than I should be, but none of the threads with 22/23 stone have anyone there! I've got 1 stone 8 til I should be here but if it's ok to be here a bit earlier I'd be grateful lol x jo x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Hello and welcome... the more the merrier! Anyway, from your stats (unless you haven't updated?) you're only 12lb away from getting into the 21's, whatever it is, as I said before, what's a few pounds between friends. :)

You're doing really well, how have you been finding it so far? x

Hello and welcome... the more the merrier! Anyway, from your stats (unless you haven't updated?) you're only 12lb away from getting into the 21's, whatever it is, as I said before, what's a few pounds between friends. :)

You're doing really well, how have you been finding it so far? x

No I haven't updated for a while! I'm 22lbs away. Thanks for the warm welcome, I feel a bit 'naughty' being in here early he he he :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Today has been a reasonably good one again but 4 white chocolate mice and 9 dolly mixture have had to be syned. (Grandson visited and likes to share. :eek: ) I didn't think that was too bad for that little treat. 9syns.

I've watermelon already prepared in the fridge for munchies while watching Biggest Loser on Youtube later. :D I plan to get that 2.5st award back as soon as possible!

Has today been good for the rest of you?

Thank you for the kind words ladies, I got weighed today and put on 1lb again! Ive grabbed myself a few food diarys again to keep me in line.

As for the failure reference, I always feel a failure when I turn to comfort eat, I feel weak, and just give in to everything I see and push a self destruct button.

Apart from that, nan is still having her hallucinations and everything, but Im trying hard to be there for her no matter how hard it hurts to see her like it.

My dog has become an incredible help to me, when im feeling the need to get out I can take her for walks, so ive been doing that shes loving getting the more walks haha!

Hi to the newbie too! This room is lovely and the ladies are so so supportive.

Welshtigger, what's 22lb between friends? :D x

A pound's not too bad Vixen, and the way I see it, there's no such as thing as failing as long as you're still trying. :) If you can, try to fill the food plan sheets in, I always do better when I'm filling them in, it's like I can't lie, so I stick to it, well, mostly, lol. x

Ellie, sounds like you're back on track. :) How are you doing today? x

I'm having a 'mixture' week, or a skint week should I say! We're having to use lots of our back-up stuff from the freezer, so we're having things like sausages, fishcakes, etc, so it's not 100% 'on-plan'... it's probably nearer to 20% (I had the fishcakes with mash and mushy peas last night, that's 'free', lol! :D) but I'm trying to be careful and not go too far over my syns.

How are you all doing today? Hope you're all okay. :) x

Welshtigger, what's 22lb between friends? :D x

A pound's not too bad Vixen, and the way I see it, there's no such as thing as failing as long as you're still trying. :) If you can, try to fill the food plan sheets in, I always do better when I'm filling them in, it's like I can't lie, so I stick to it, well, mostly, lol. x

Ellie, sounds like you're back on track. :) How are you doing today? x

I'm having a 'mixture' week, or a skint week should I say! We're having to use lots of our back-up stuff from the freezer, so we're having things like sausages, fishcakes, etc, so it's not 100% 'on-plan'... it's probably nearer to 20% (I had the fishcakes with mash and mushy peas last night, that's 'free', lol! :D) but I'm trying to be careful and not go too far over my syns.

How are you all doing today? Hope you're all okay. :) x

Yeah deffo, I admit, ive had a little syn naughty day today, but ive planned my meals for the rest of the week so i think thatll help me! :)

Ahhh i love skint week, i come up with the strangest concoctions ever, but it has to be done! haha ooo sounds yummy though Hipps :)

I'm trying to use my freezer and cupboard stocks up too so that means we're not all eating the same thing. You know how it is, a couple of this and one of that. I've had lemon sole for lunch. Was so lovely. The others ate tins of ravioli I'd unearthed.

Tonight is a naughty night. Chinese, chow mein, and fully synned but it wasn't on my plan. Today was a stressy day so I'm taking the pressure off to cook. I've hurt my back stripping wallpaper off (did they stick it up with super glue or something!) and I'm not cooking while I'm hurting like this. The others had the option to cook and declined the offer. LOL Hubbs is always happy to cook but he was out this evening.

Just about to open my new SW mag that's just arrived. Hope they haven't included another Hot Dog 'recipe' again. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your Nan Vixen, I was really close to my Nan so know how hard it must be for you. Try not to feel guilty, emotional eating is such a hard habit to break (I should know), you WILL get there in the end. I'm sending you a big hug x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Welcome W.Tigger, it's lovely here, I'm shouldn't strictly be here at the moment myself as I put on a few pound recently...but my lovely ladies let me stay:D

Back