Anyone in the 21 stone ?!

Welshtigger, what's 22lb between friends? :D x

A pound's not too bad Vixen, and the way I see it, there's no such as thing as failing as long as you're still trying. :) If you can, try to fill the food plan sheets in, I always do better when I'm filling them in, it's like I can't lie, so I stick to it, well, mostly, lol. x

Ellie, sounds like you're back on track. :) How are you doing today? x

I'm having a 'mixture' week, or a skint week should I say! We're having to use lots of our back-up stuff from the freezer, so we're having things like sausages, fishcakes, etc, so it's not 100% 'on-plan'... it's probably nearer to 20% (I had the fishcakes with mash and mushy peas last night, that's 'free', lol! :D) but I'm trying to be careful and not go too far over my syns.

How are you all doing today? Hope you're all okay. :) x

Not too bad thanks Hipps, I've kind of had a mixed bag this week, but mainly been ok x:rolleyes: love fishcakes yum, glad your doing ok x

Welcome W.Tigger, it's lovely here, I'm shouldn't strictly be here at the moment myself as I put on a few pound recently...but my lovely ladies let me stay:D

Thanks. It's weigh in today so will hopefully reduce that deficit ;) x hope you all have a good weekend x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Good luck W. Tigger, hope you get the result you want x

You're doing fantastic Tigger. Good for you!
I tried twice yesterday to congratulate you and my stupid lappy kept making it disappear. :mad: I might make loads of typos on my tablet but at least it lets me post. :)

I'm so happy today because I've lost 10lbs this morning. :woohoo: Now thats my 2.5st award back. Now I've just got to lose another 2lb to get my 3st one back and 4lbs to get back to where I was before my holiday.
While I'm over the moon with that loss I know I could have eaten better, healthier, this week. Its not a 'real' loss because I put on that huge amount but I'm still really chuffed. :D

I'm having a treat this morning as we're taking my parents for a little outing to a garden centre. They have a lovely coffee shop and dad always buys us a coffee and teacake as a treat. Hubbs and I have decided to share one and just have a normal filter coffee with skimmed. That doesn't break the bank synwise.

Hope the rest of you are doing okay. Tigger, I was feeling so lacking in confidence yesterday and when I saw your happy post about your loss I was so encouraged. I tried to say but that silly laptop!

Awww, its just occurred to me. I'm officially back in the 20's thread again, although I've always had a leg in both threads. Love it here. :D

My god Ellie..10lb!!! How on earth did you manage to lose so much!! Well done you:)...off back to the 20's now but don't take your leg our of here, we need you!!! I think your green shiney is getting closer and closer again lucky thing!! you've put me to shame, I managed to lose 1/2lb this week :rolleyes: still I'm glad to be going in the right direction again and hopefully i'll lose more next week. My new sofas arrived this morning so I've got a big smile on my face anyway:D Enjoy the garden centre and your bit of tea cake.

Well done Tigger, 3lbs is great, looks like your off to a flying start!

Thanks, Jem. :D When I looked back over the week I realised that although I hadn't stuck to my EE days, I'd actually done a pretty good job of doing Red most days, I just hadn't known at the time.

And don't be putting down your 1/2lb loss. They all add up!

I had a lovely trip at the garden centre. Came back with half of it in my car boot between ours and parents buys. Hubbs and I pushed the boat out too and treated ourselves to this amazing wooden arch to go over the garden gate. We're going back to pick it up tomorrow. I'm so excited. I can just see evergreen honeysuckle and climbing roses round it.

What are your sofas like?

You sure did do a good job Ellie, put my loss to shame!! But at least I haven't gained and every little bit helps, still not feeling 100% yet, I know I can do a lot better, and I will. I love a good nose round the garden centre, so many nice bits I fancy when I go there...your wooden arch sounds gorgeous, I can just see the honeysuckle and roses winding their way around it...:)

My new sofas are big and squishy and expensive, (we decided to treat ourselves) they are a beautiful parchment cream colour with delicious floral backing cushions in shades of lavender, plum, cream, taupe, green with lavender scatter cushions...when I saw them in the shop it was love at first sight :D but I do feel guilty at how much they cost, the thing is we wanted something really comfortable as the sofas we've had for the last few years are nice but not all that comfortable. So we tried loads in all different shops but just couldn't get the 'oooh' factor, but when my bum hit it's cushion I just knew it was 'the one'. Unfortunately it was also the most expensive one we'd sat on:eek: my eyes did that when I saw the price tag LOL!! still it will last us years so is a good investment...but we won't be buying anymore luxuries for a while that's for sure!! xx

Wow, Ellie, 10lbs, that's awesome, you're the person who the phrase, "Easy on, easy off" was written for! Fab loss, well done. :)

Well done on the 1/2lb Jem, that's fab, a positive step in the right direction. Your new sofas sound lovely, v. jealous! :)

And Well done Welshtigger, 3lb is fab, you're doing great. :)

I managed to gain a pound, I knew I'd gain, I was grazing on rubbish all weekend, eating all the leftover snacks that've been residing in the cupboard for months, amongst the crisps I found 2 Fry's Chocolate Creams and of course had to have one, (made hubby have the other!) and I got through a whole 10 pack of Beef Space Raiders! Oops!

Back on it (properly!) today and feeling positive again, so fingers crossed I have a better week this week. x

Thanks Hipps, wish it was more but I hope to be better next week, at least I'm back on it which is the main thing. Yes, my sofas are rather nice, feel very spoilt..no more luxuries for more for at least 10 years now LOL!! I LOVE Frys cream bars, haven't had one for ages..yum yum. You'll soon get that lb off Hipps, your doing so well xx

Thanks all. I'm glad my post spurred one of you on :) I was off plan yesterday as it was my nephew's first birthday party but as it happened my sisters mother in law was a complete cow to me so I spent most of the day hiding away in tears :( and didn't really eat much - but then had a burger from BK on the way back to work this morning! I've made some sw wedges with garlic fry light for tea tonight and was going to have them with egg and beans but got back after 3 days off to find my eggs had all been eaten and we don't go shopping til Wednesday! Guess I'll just have wedges lol! Would love another good week this week but if I'm honest 1lb would suffice as that would get my my 1/2 stone award. I've got 3 pouches of speed soup in the freezer so might just have 3 days of that and then o go home for 10 days off on Friday so that'd keep me from temptation x will see x thanks again for making me feel so welcome here x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Blame it on the kids having Space Raiders in the house! :D Who can resist them?! Quite low in syns though I think. Could have been worse, could have been nut brittle. :p

Strangely it was because I was having one of those weeks when I could eat the house out that I asked my hubs to quickly get me to Morrisons to buy up lots of free foods. I went for protein. First I stopped at the deli counter and asked for £4 in money of the cooked meat pieces, lovely and lean and all my favourite kinds. Mussels were got from the fish bar and grapes, watermelon (whole) and bananas.
A few days later I went to the local market and got 8 nectarines £1, carrier of 16 bananas £1, bag of cherries 50p plus a massive cauli £1 and broc 49p. I was grating carrots up along with my salads.
I was having things like lemon sole and seafood salads, although my stock of Yellow sticker fish is almost gone now :(

Today I decided to go out to Morries with hubs and my son (he lost 7lbs too, hubs 1lb) and mix things up a little. Things were getting stale. My son has lost over 4st. He's such a shy thing and gets a bit embarrassed when people comment on it. I want to give him masses of confidence and keep his motivation going. He's 2st 3lbs off target now. That can be a dangerous time when youre 2/3s of the way there. You can start easing off and then before you know it, bamm! Back it creeps on.

So we slowly went round the super, reading labels, searching for low syns goodies for treats and to enhance meals. ie, reduced fat sour cream and chive dip, breadsticks, gingernuts, couple of other types of bickies around 2 - 2.5 syns each. (couple as a treat with coffee feels so decadent) We bought low syn ice lollies ie mini milks, fab and the new majito (?) soleros mentioned in the new SW mag. All sorts of things! Low syns maize snacks too. (cheese curls and puffs)

I keep all my menu plans in A4 books and I noticed how strict I'd become and how syns were being used so often the last couple of weeks for bread. We had such varied foods to begin with so time to stop being lazy and really plan the food out better.

I best not go on a food bender this week or can you imagine what will happen with that lot around. It'll be Scarborough all over again. Lets see how strong I am. :D

Oh I missed that bit about only needing a lb for your 1/2 stone award, tigger. So exciting. I'm all about awards. They really inspire me on.

Can't stop thinking about Frys chocolate creams now. Wonder whose fault that is! :p

Hi my name is jo and I was wondering if I could join in? Im currently weighing in at 21st 8lbs and hoping to get my stone award this week. I've just come back from a 10 week hiatus before going off the rails I got to 21st 3lbs so would be ace to get past that

Hiya Darcys mum. :D I'm sure you'll get thst award next weigh in.
Noticed you're doing SW Online, too. Are there any features of the website that you find helpful?
I'm just about to start using the Body Magic facility to cycle round central park. Not on a real bike mind. Just on an exercise bike Hubs is picking up later. :eek:

Hiya Darcys mum. :D I'm sure you'll get thst award next weigh in.
Noticed you're doing SW Online, too. Are there any features of the website that you find helpful?
I'm just about to start using the Body Magic facility to cycle round central park. Not on a real bike mind. Just on an exercise bike Hubs is picking up later. :eek:

When I restarted I decided I needed to get as much help as possible so I went online and had a go at everything they offered some things I liked and some things I didn't they have an SAS form which is about self sabotage but I personally didn't find that helpful, they suggested to do a 'for and against' list which I carry round with me in my SW book, there's also something else but it was about taking time out of your day to basically do nothing and I didn't see the benefit in that. I have also started body magic I'm aiming for my bronze award and recently bought a cross trainer and I do 10 mins a day on that I know it doesn't sound a lot and I don't feel any aches and pains from doing it but I'm building up gradually because I've tried the all or nothing approach to fitness and I've always quit because it was too much so I am happy doing this. Other than that I keep a food diary as far as SW online is concerned that's as much as it offers. I prefer to be on here talking to you lovely people who are actually going through the same things as me rather than reading a what do to sheet from somebody who probably doesn't need to lose weight. I have made up a few things myself to help me along my journey just to keep me motivated but rather than go into detail I'll just give you the link to my diary - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/343581-jos-journey-175lbs-happiness.html.

As for the stone award it will be mine on Friday morning. This is a reclaim...I actually got my stone award in April and lost it so I am reclaiming it on Friday...I'm only 1lb off so not unreachable but hoping for 2lbs to keep up with my 2lb challenge. (below in my signature)

When I have a few minutes I'm going to read through some of the most recent posts on here and see what this forum is about.

Thanks for the welcome.

Ellie4 - May I ask you a question about your target weight? You started a little heavier than me but you're only an inch taller did you just decide to stop at 11st 4lbs or did you calculate that somehow? My goal is 10st because it was a round number but I recently found out that its at the top end of my ideal weight bracket according to the NHS. Just curious as to how, why or who decided that was your target?

WOW!! I've read from May through to July you ladies are all very impressive. I think I've hit the jackpot when I lose 3lbs then we have Ellie losing 10lbs one week 6lbs another week. Well done ladies on your great losses I myself am a slow and steady loser a pound here and there.

Ellie and Jem - I moved house in the middle of May and I can empathise with not being able to cook and not wanting to cook etc. I had 10 weeks off plan due to moving house and a bereavement in the family it all got too much and SW was no longer as important.

Vix: I am so sorry to hear about your Nan, I recently lost my Nan in May and she'd been going down hill for 18 months and I had become her carer. It is a lot of responsibility to look after someone else and to see that someone, someone who you love dearly turn into someone you don't recognise is heart-breaking. I had 3 people in my life I could turn to for help, support and know that they would always be there, my Auntie she passed 8 years ago, my nan she passed in May the only person I now have left is my Mum. I completely understand what you're going through and how you're feeling and I wish I could give you advice and tell you it gets better but unfortunately it doesn't and the only advice I can give you is don't forget about you. I ran myself into the ground caring for my Auntie 8 years ago and my Nan for the last 18 months of her life and at the end of both their lives I felt lost because I hadn't known anything else so whatever you do don't forget to still be you and still have a life and still enjoy things. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this and my thoughts are with you.

It was my choice Jo, not based on anyone or anything. The reason being that my last recollection of feeling truly healthy was when I was 22 and lost weight and went from 14st 6lbs down to 11st 4lb. At that weight I was swimming over 80 lengths of the pool 3 times a week. Virtually every day I was walking 3 mile to town and never once puffed. I felt amazing from feeling very pooly when I'd been heavier.

I guess that has always been my bench mark of how I wanted to feel again. Its above my 'ideal' weight according to the tables but that's my first target. Once there I'll decide whether I want to take it further down.
I think I realised back then that although I was heavier than most of my friends, I was much healthier and so I don't associate health and fitness necessarily with numbers on scales. Now I'm much older I shall have to discover what weight feels good again.

I'm starting to think of some goals for myself but I plan them all to centre around improving my fitness levels through exercise. A good start will be the exercise bike Hubbs has just struggled through the door with. I'm hoping my arthritis will let me use it well. My GP says no, hospital say yes. I'll see what my body says and follow that. :D

It was my choice Jo, not based on anyone or anything. The reason being that my last recollection of feeling truly healthy was when I was 22 and lost weight and went from 14st 6lbs down to 11st 4lb. At that weight I was swimming over 80 lengths of the pool 3 times a week. Virtually every day I was walking 3 mile to town and never once puffed. I felt amazing from feeling very pooly when I'd been heavier.

Like I said I picked 10st cos it was a nice round number but if you look on my signature I also put OR 14/16 jeans. I picked 10st because SW made me so long as I can get my bum in a size 14/16 jean the most unforgiving of clothes I will be perfectly happy whether I weigh 10st or 20st. I don't like the 'ideal weight' thing I had a bit of a madam moment in another forum about it because my ideal weight is between 7st7lbs and 10st which I think is ridiculous. I am totally on board with what you say as long as I feel healthy and I feel happy about myself I will be happy no matter what the scales read but I am losing weight in hopes of another baby. I fell pregnant with my first at 18st 6lbs and the hospital were complete gits to me all throughout my pregnancy right up to my induction where I was told by a midwife I had to have an epidural because I was too fat to birth her naturally and if I didn't have the epidural as soon as they'd have to put me under for a C-section and cos I was so fat me and my unborn child could die from it...what every first time mum wants to hear...so I am determined to get to a healthy enough weight to have baby #2.

Back