Anyone in the 21 stone ?!

Oh Jo that is awful how they treated you. Doesn't it make us all angry to feel they'll probably still be treating other girls like that. Shame on them! :mad: I must have been around the same when I had my first. Fortunately they were much kinder to me. I remember the consultant checking me over for oedema and then cheekily saying that, while he thought there was a slight case of it, he thought there was a element of 'chubbiness' involved too. He had such a lovely grin on his face I burst out laughing.

You might find that when you go in hospital for Baby Two that its completely different. I was so full of confidence being a second time mum. Instead of trying to prove I could manage I was constantly saying, 'Is there a student free to bath my baby. I've had a CS and I've another littlie at home so I need to get my rest now.' My nurses were fab!

I find on this thread a lot of common sense is spoken. I wonder if you have to get to this weight to truly realise whats important with our weight journey. Maybe that this world is full of supposed 'ideals.' Life isn't ideal so not really surprising that we're not. Its raw and hard at times.

I can empathise over the carer situation. Not something I like to talk about but I had a year of being primary carer for a loved one, knowing from the outset we would never win, 24/7, you barely sleep for listening out all night. Absolutely exhausting mentally and physically. I've had a few months to rest now its over but I feel so much more for carers of all types now.

Oh Jo that is awful how they treated you. Doesn't it make us all angry to feel they'll probably still be treating other girls like that. Shame on them! :mad: I must have been around the same when I had my first. Fortunately they were much kinder to me. I remember the consultant checking me over for oedema and then cheekily saying that, while he thought there was a slight case of it, he thought there was a element of 'chubbiness' involved too. He had such a lovely grin on his face I burst out laughing.

You might find that when you go in hospital for Baby Two that its completely different. I was so full of confidence being a second time mum. Instead of trying to prove I could manage I was constantly saying, 'Is there a student free to bath my baby. I've had a CS and I've another littlie at home so I need to get my rest now.' My nurses were fab!

I find on this thread a lot of common sense is spoken. I wonder if you have to get to this weight to truly realise whats important with our weight journey. Maybe that this world is full of supposed 'ideals.' Life isn't ideal so not really surprising that we're not. Its raw and hard at times.

I can empathise over the carer situation. Not something I like to talk about but I had a year of being primary carer for a loved one, knowing from the outset we would never win, 24/7, you barely sleep for listening out all night. Absolutely exhausting mentally and physically. I've had a few months to rest now its over but I feel so much more for carers of all types now.

What's done is done just wish at the time it had been at the forefront of my mind to log a complaint but never mind...if they try it with baby #2 I'll not take it because been there done that.

The carer thing is difficult but looking after my auntie 8/9 years ago actually pushed me into a career in it, I figured if I can do it for my own then others wouldn't be so hard and now I'm climbing the ladder in that career...fingers crossed for promotion around this time next year when my boss retires. Unfortunately though we're currently going through the same thing with my mother in law she has a lot of long term illnesses and sorry to say this on a slimming forum but is currently weighing in between 5st and 5st 7lbs and is refusing all treatment and other than having her committed under the mental health act which according to her GP she doesn't fit the criteria for although she's considered to be self harming due to refusing to eat and seek medical help there's nothing anyone can do other than watch her basically and eventually starve herself to death. UK laws they're ridiculous - medical professionals take and oath to look after people and give care to the best of their ability but they can only do it if the person themselves allows it...ridiculous I had a very heated conversation with a 999 operator this weekend as they refused to send a paramedic out to assess her after not eating for 4 days taking into consideration she's an insulin dependant diabetic...I eventually won the battle and they sent somebody out but not after a 2 hour battle with the 999 operator, out of hours service and a holier than thou consultant. These things are sent to test us.

Wow I rambled on a bit there...I must have subconsciously needed to get that off my chest.

BTW how is everybody doing??

I feel a bit left out not being in group and getting my certificates that I found photos of them all online well up to 11.5st and I'm going to print them off and give them to myself this may sound sad but I'm working just as hard as people who go to the groups and pay the same amount of money for SW online so I want to be treated the same lol. So yay me I got a 1/2 stone certificate woohoo lol. Hoping for 1 stone certificate on Friday.

I feel a bit left out not being in group and getting my certificates that I found photos of them all online well up to 11.5st and I'm going to print them off and give them to myself this may sound sad but I'm working just as hard as people who go to the groups and pay the same amount of money for SW online so I want to be treated the same lol. So yay me I got a 1/2 stone certificate woohoo lol. Hoping for 1 stone certificate on Friday.

congratulations_reward_certificate_large2.jpg

Well done =)

First week towards Bronze Award complete...Yay me lol

Hi my name is jo and I was wondering if I could join in? Im currently weighing in at 21st 8lbs and hoping to get my stone award this week. I've just come back from a 10 week hiatus before going off the rails I got to 21st 3lbs so would be ace to get past that

Welcome Darcys Mummy...I've had a few bad weeks myself so know how you feel. Getting back on track now which feels good. Good luck with everything x

Like I said I picked 10st cos it was a nice round number but if you look on my signature I also put OR 14/16 jeans. I picked 10st because SW made me so long as I can get my bum in a size 14/16 jean the most unforgiving of clothes I will be perfectly happy whether I weigh 10st or 20st. I don't like the 'ideal weight' thing I had a bit of a madam moment in another forum about it because my ideal weight is between 7st7lbs and 10st which I think is ridiculous. I am totally on board with what you say as long as I feel healthy and I feel happy about myself I will be happy no matter what the scales read but I am losing weight in hopes of another baby. I fell pregnant with my first at 18st 6lbs and the hospital were complete gits to me all throughout my pregnancy right up to my induction where I was told by a midwife I had to have an epidural because I was too fat to birth her naturally and if I didn't have the epidural as soon as they'd have to put me under for a C-section and cos I was so fat me and my unborn child could die from it...what every first time mum wants to hear...so I am determined to get to a healthy enough weight to have baby #2.

That's a disgrace Jo, so sorry that you were treated this way, there is no excuse for this behavoir, very rude and ignorant....we all know in the IDEAL world what weight we should be, but we don't live in the IDEAL world and they have no right to judge and be nasty...very unprofessional. I too am losing weight in the hope of becoming a Mum (I've not got any children and would dearly love one) but time is not on my side now so I may have to adopt instead, either way I have to lose weight to be a healthy mum. I wish you all the luck in the world with losing weight to have baby no.2....you can do it xx

Hi everyone I started 10 days ago at 21st 11 had my first weigh in on Monday and lost 9 pounds so I'm hoping to be in the 20s after weigh in this Monday ! You are all doing so well :)

Last edited:
Thats a brilliant start, Elizabeth. Well done!

Jem, there was a poster on here called Capricorn that had a diary and she was hoping for a baby but thought adoption might have to be the answer as she was either nearly 40 or past 40, can't quite remember. She'd lost stones to get her to around 14ish st and totally expectedly fell pregnant.
The weight loss combined with lots of walking and swimming was all she could put it down to as they'd been trying for near on a decade. JUst goes to show that miracles do happen. I hesrd of a similar case to that on here too with someone else. ;)

That's a disgrace Jo, so sorry that you were treated this way, there is no excuse for this behavoir, very rude and ignorant....we all know in the IDEAL world what weight we should be, but we don't live in the IDEAL world and they have no right to judge and be nasty...very unprofessional. I too am losing weight in the hope of becoming a Mum (I've not got any children and would dearly love one) but time is not on my side now so I may have to adopt instead, either way I have to lose weight to be a healthy mum. I wish you all the luck in the world with losing weight to have baby no.2....you can do it xx

Thanks Jem I hope so because my little girl is growing up and I need another little smushy to cuddle. I have just been to buy everything for her 3rd birthday and while I was out I decided why not buy her uniform ready for school. I remember buying a newborn onesie the day I found out to break the news to my hubby and now I'm buying school uniforms...I need another baby.

Good luck with your weight loss too and by whatever means I wish you luck with motherhood. I hope everything works out for you and you get everything you wish for.

Hi everyone I started 10 days ago at 21st 11 had my first weigh in on Monday and lost 9 pounds so I'm hoping to be in the 20s after weigh in this Monday ! You are all doing so well :)

Welcome Elizabeth, congratulations on your loss...I always feel jealous when people have big losses 1st week because technically I've started SW 3 times and my highest loss has been 4lbs lol...but congratulations I hope your losses are big and often...I also wish the same for everyone else in here.

Thats a brilliant start, Elizabeth. Well done!

Jem, there was a poster on here called Capricorn that had a diary and she was hoping for a baby but thought adoption might have to be the answer as she was either nearly 40 or past 40, can't quite remember. She'd lost stones to get her to around 14ish st and totally expectedly fell pregnant.
The weight loss combined with lots of walking and swimming was all she could put it down to as they'd been trying for near on a decade. JUst goes to show that miracles do happen. I hesrd of a similar case to that on here too with someone else. ;)

That's lovely to know Ellie, thanks xx I'm still hoping for my own little miracle next year if I can get enough weight off..you never know. I'm 41 now but still all working correctly apart from being so overweight so you never know I guess, and if not I'm hoping to adopt xx Hope your doing ok, the heat is knackering me today but I'm doing ok food wise. Just had a nice tuna salad and a mandarin yoghurt:)

Thanks Jem I hope so because my little girl is growing up and I need another little smushy to cuddle. I have just been to buy everything for her 3rd birthday and while I was out I decided why not buy her uniform ready for school. I remember buying a newborn onesie the day I found out to break the news to my hubby and now I'm buying school uniforms...I need another baby.

Good luck with your weight loss too and by whatever means I wish you luck with motherhood. I hope everything works out for you and you get everything you wish for.

Thanks Jo, lets hope we're both posting good news on here about this...would be wonderful x Will keep posted!

Welcome Elizabeth, and congratulations on your amazing first week loss!! You must be so chuffed!! Good luck with everything, you'll find lots of support from all the lovely ladies on here xx

Couldn't try it on in the shop for one reason or another but just bought a new top in my regular size and its hanging loose over my boobs and belly. Now I could say it's the shop being generous with their sizes but I'm not going to I'm going to enjoy my little victory. Plus I tried the same size in PJs from the same shop at Christmas they didn't fit so there lol. Yay!!

I've just had a lovely pastrami salad. Its all the other things I'm worried about. I can't stop nibbling this week. :(

Omg...im stunned to my seat...5lbs off for me thats 9lbs in 2 weeks...I have reclaimed my stone award...I'm back to the weight I was before I went AWOL...And I started at 315lbs I am now into the 200s granted only just but still... Happy does not explain it...I had prepared myself for 1-2lbs. This is amazing I feel like I'm finally back on track. The cross trainer works lol

My predicted loss for next week: ideally 3 then I will get my 1 1/2 award but will be happy with any loss

I am soooo happy *does happy dance*

Back