Anyone in the 21 stone ?!

Well done Ellie, that's great, especially as you were expecting a gain, you'll have that 1/2lb next week. :)

STS is good Jem, I know what you mean about exercising in this weather, it puts me off too, it's just not comfortable! :)

Welshtigger, 1.5lb isn't bad, it'll be off again in no time. :)

I lost 3lb this morning, and quite happy with that, but like you Ellie, I wanted it to be just 1/2lb more to get me in the next stone zone, fingers crossed for next week in the 20's. :) x

Jem - sts is better than a gain so well done
Hip - 3lbs is excellent and I'm in the same boat as you I would like to lose 3lb to get to 1.5 stone but if I got 4lb id be in my 20s...but I know what's going to happen I will get 2 or 2.5lbs this Friday because I always seem to be 1/2 or 1lb off my awards every time lol well we'll see on friday lol

Well done on all your losses.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I just have a question about silver body magic award. It says 6 x 15 minute workouts now is that 15 minutes straight or can you do that 15 mins in 3 x 5 minute workouts?

Jem - sts is better than a gain so well done
Hip - 3lbs is excellent and I'm in the same boat as you I would like to lose 3lb to get to 1.5 stone but if I got 4lb id be in my 20s...but I know what's going to happen I will get 2 or 2.5lbs this Friday because I always seem to be 1/2 or 1lb off my awards every time lol well we'll see on friday lol

Well done on all your losses.

Fingers crossed for those 4lbs this week, but even it's next week, it's still fab, best things come to those who wait. :)

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I just have a question about silver body magic award. It says 6 x 15 minute workouts now is that 15 minutes straight or can you do that 15 mins in 3 x 5 minute workouts?

On the sheet it says 'Number of 5/10/15 minute sessions', so I assume it would be okay to do it in 3 x 5 minute sessions and just put '3' in the 5 min box when you've done 15 mins. I hope that makes sense. :) x

Hipps - I am so impressed. You couldn't have cut it any closer to the 20's either, could you. Nearly there girl. One more week and you'll be packing your bags for the 20 zone. :D

Jem, keep pushing on. Silly weather kept me off my exercise, too. At this size it hits me hard. Hope you got your fan. Mine is at full pelt on me now.

Fingers crossed for those 4lbs this week, but even it's next week, it's still fab, best things come to those who wait. :)

On the sheet it says 'Number of 5/10/15 minute sessions', so I assume it would be okay to do it in 3 x 5 minute sessions and just put '3' in the 5 min box when you've done 15 mins. I hope that makes sense. :) x

Thank you and you're right it will come when it comes.

And that's where I was thrown because the sheet says number of 5/10/15 sessions but at the bottom on bronze it says 45 minutes a week based over 3 days in 5, 10 minute sessions but it doesn't say that on silver it just says 6x15 minute sessions 6 days a week. I think as long as 15 minutes is done it shouldn't matter how I am currently doing 10 minutes in two 5 minute sessions I don't think I'm ready for a 15 minute session on cross trainer and I don't want to become discouraged so I'm going to do it in 3x5 minute sessions.

Congratulations Elizabeth hope to see you over there in the 20s very soon. Wow 13lb in 2 weeks is amazing.

Last edited:
I have just been to SW website to read some success stories and someone who is doing SW Online like myself made a comment about a Hall of Fame so I looked into it and it's where you're given SOTW, SOTM etc...but I do not stand a chance this week the highest loss was 14lbs...who loses a stone in a week? And these aren't new members. A stone? Come on!! SOTM - 29.5lbs that's nearly 7.5lbs a week. Who are these people? Last week was my biggest loss on SW including my first week 5lbs that's it.

Hi peeps I was wondering if I could pick your brains. Me and the hubby are having a movie night on Saturday and I'm looking for snacks I was trying to keep it cinema related popcorn, nachos, hotdogs etc but all but popcorn are ridiculously synd. So anybody got any ideas how to reduce syns on those mentioned or any film snacking ideas? I'm happy with fruit and so forth but if I do that hubby will reach for biscuits and chocolate and I'll just sit there resenting him because even though I don't want them it's cruel to tease me. I had an idea of a home cooked KFC but it was going to cost 31 syns and I'd totally worked it out syn wise cutting back from today till Saturday then I thought no. Yeah it would be lovely to have some greasy chicken wings and thighs yum yum but would I just be giving myself a taster and kick starting an endless desire for fatty foods...so I'm now trying to find a smarter alternative. So any ideas?

Sorry to keep messaging on here I can imagine how annoying I'm getting but if I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right and sometimes I need help.

My mum brought me a Muller fruitopolis to try and I used the syns calculator on SW website and worked it out to be 3.5 syns just put it in syns online and it's come up as 0.5 syn.

Does this mean everything I'm calculating on syns calculator is wrong? I put info in as it reads on back of a packet but as you read above it was out by 3.

Hi peeps I was wondering if I could pick your brains. Me and the hubby are having a movie night on Saturday and I'm looking for snacks I was trying to keep it cinema related popcorn, nachos, hotdogs etc but all but popcorn are ridiculously synd. So anybody got any ideas how to reduce syns on those mentioned or any film snacking ideas? I'm happy with fruit and so forth but if I do that hubby will reach for biscuits and chocolate and I'll just sit there resenting him because even though I don't want them it's cruel to tease me. I had an idea of a home cooked KFC but it was going to cost 31 syns and I'd totally worked it out syn wise cutting back from today till Saturday then I thought no. Yeah it would be lovely to have some greasy chicken wings and thighs yum yum but would I just be giving myself a taster and kick starting an endless desire for fatty foods...so I'm now trying to find a smarter alternative. So any ideas?

There are some lovely low syn bags of popcorn in m&s I think. I'm a little confused why a home cooked KFC would be 31 syns tho? The fake away KFC is free, you can make free sw chips, baked beans are free, corn on the cob is free and you can even make a free gravy :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

It was a store bought kfc lol sorry for confusion.

Hi guys,

good news and bad news.

Good news I HAVE LOST 2 STONE. lost -2 1/2lbs this week.

Bad news : My nan called up at 1.15am this morning saying she was going to executed. Me and my mum walked up to her house (6 doors away) and saw her trying to escape out the front. Luckily the chain is on the door so she couldnt get out, but when my aunt called my mum this morning my nan had pooped the bed and was saying people are after her. she has the doctor going round today, also my grandad missed his cancer injection as he was worried about my nan.

Its getting too much. ARGH

Hi guys,

good news and bad news.

Good news I HAVE LOST 2 STONE. lost -2 1/2lbs this week.

Bad news : My nan called up at 1.15am this morning saying she was going to executed. Me and my mum walked up to her house (6 doors away) and saw her trying to escape out the front. Luckily the chain is on the door so she couldnt get out, but when my aunt called my mum this morning my nan had pooped the bed and was saying people are after her. she has the doctor going round today, also my grandad missed his cancer injection as he was worried about my nan.

Its getting too much. ARGH

Sorry to hear about your nan vix, it's awful my grandad had Alzheimer's so he went through similar behaviour, it's an awful thing to watch happen to someone so close if you need someone to talk to I'm here private message me anytime sometimes it's easier to talk to people not involved. Best of luck to you and thinking of you and your family.

Terrible situation, Vix. Hope the doc can do something to help her and your family.

Regarding the cinema snacks I can't be much help. I made a decision way back to cut out eating at the movies and just sip a coffee instead. It took a few times to adjust but eventually I was so proud of myself I stopped missing it. Occassionally I'd nick one malteser or Revel off Hubbs but rarely now.

I did make the transition by slowly wading through a tube of fruit gums, sucking them. Took the whole movie!

Not happy this week. A 1lb gain.

I swear on my daughters life I have been 100% on plan and way under my syn allowance and I have been on the cross trainer 10-15 minutes a day and I've gained 1lb. I had prepared myself for a small loss or STS because I've had two big losses but a gain is different a gain means I've made a mistake somewhere and I hand on heart don't believe I have. Pissed off this week I just don't understand why I've gained there's no reason for it. Suppose this is just my first test back on SW but tbh I'm feeling defeated I'm feeling like I've done everything right and still gain so what's the point?

:(

Back