Anyone in the 21 stone ?!

(Sorry for repetition copying and pasting from my diary)

Hiya,

Just wanted to do an additional entry today don't worry nothings wrong and I'm not after your money lol just thought I'd share this as there was interest in my weight loss chalk board and I thought this might be appealing to someone out there.

I don't know if you've heard of her but there is a girl named Ashley Chisholm she started SW @ 23st 7lbs and is currently weighing in at 14st 5lbs. Now I love Ashley simply for the fact there are so many similarities between us. Her story, her experiences and her challenges so it's nice to see a girl who is in the progress of losing 175lbs just like me because it shows me that it can be done and she is living proof of it.

Anyway to cut a long story short during one her vlogs she mentioned she had a pound jar. So £1 for a pound loss and I was doing this but I did it in a metal money tin and I lost count lol gave it to my daughter for holidays but hers was a bit different instead of a £1 for a pound. She got two jars and in one she put marbles/stones in to represent the amount of pounds she had to lose and in the other she put the pounds she had lost and I just thought this was so clever because you can see the jars going up and down and see how far you're coming along so I decided I was going to do this now I got a bit excited because my marbles turned up today so they are currently in my kitchen canisters so not very eye catching but you get the gist and I'll look in town tomorrow for some nice jars/vases to accommodate the marbles and girly them up a bit lol but here they are...for now lol

View attachment 148844

You never know Jo, I don't expect another loss like that one next week, which is fine, especially as my time of the month just arrived today which never helps:mad: To be honest after the 'diversion' I've had due to moving house stress etc I'd be really happy to just get back to losing a pound or so a week.

You're doing so well, I would hate to see you get disheartened by struggling. Like you say 1lb a week is plenty. Don't aim high and avoid disappointment and if you gain this week put it down to totm and move on. I moved house May 17th and I gained 6lbs during my move so understand where you're coming from. Our house is still upside down 3 months later...stress! :(

Really hoping you make it in to the 20 room next W.I. you are so close:) Ellie has been reserving my seat there for a while now but I seem to be taking longer than expected to get there which is all my own fault:rolleyes: I'll get there though...would be great as I've not weighed 20st for a while it's always been 20 something stone, glad you'll be keeping one foot in here as well though like Ellie and Hipps..i expect by the time i get my seat there you'll all be gone to the 19's:p

Me too, I'll tell you why I want to be in the 20's because I'll be closer to the 19's I don't know why but that seems so magical to me like I'll have accomplished something if I get out the 20's and I'm a teen again...weird because I'll still be fat lol but because I'm going for 10st target being in the 19s seems a hell of a lot closer than in the 20's...I know I'm talking nonsense but it's just a me thing. Can't wait to be a teenager again lol. And I'm not going anywhere sad to say but if I did get in 20s next week nothing saying I won't come back to the 21s with all the best will in the world ultimately your body has the last say on that lol.

Know what you mean about bingo wings and losing weight then having lose skin, I am really conscious of my bingo wings and hope they will shrink as I lose the weight, will check out those exercises to 'clip em' for sure LOL!!

Well mine haven't shrunk 1st 6lbs lost and no inches on my arms that's why I'm doing the exercises to see if I can shift some of the girth before September 1st when I do my measurements again. The exercises are pips...I could feel them working like I wanted to put my arms down a lot but I just got through it and my arms still feel heavy but just means its working I guess.

Yep I think for me it's going to be slowly but SURELY..it took me years to get this big so if it takes a while to get smaller so be it, hopefully though by the end of next year I'd like to have made a huge dent it and be almost there because of wanting to be a mum.

Just checked out the Bingo Wing exercise Jo, i'll be dusting off my dumbells and giving it a go;) I was going to the gym 4 times a week and doing arm exercises as part of that, I used to do about an hour and always felt great afterwards, BUT to be honest I didn't enjoy it much, and it started to feel like a punishment so I didn't want to go in the end (may try and go back again, we'll see) but i decided to do something I enjoyed more like walking as I know it's something I enjoy so will do regulary, I try and do a big walk 2-3 miles every other day.

Totally understand about the 19 stone magic number! I am the same, I can't wait not to have a 20 in front of my weight...would be wonderful and I'd feel like a teenager again too, cos I was about 19 the last time I weighed that!

Yep I think for me it's going to be slowly but SURELY..it took me years to get this big so if it takes a while to get smaller so be it, hopefully though by the end of next year I'd like to have made a huge dent it and be almost there because of wanting to be a mum.

We all want to lose weight and be the person we want to be tomorrow but us bigger girls have to realise it isn't going to be overnight and I don't know whether it would help you but I worked out based on 2lbs a week which isn't impossible and I have it worked out that I will meet target a week after my 2nd SW anniversary in February 2016. So at least I have an end date in sight...it may be before it may be after but I have a gestimate now.

Just checked out the Bingo Wing exercise Jo, i'll be dusting off my dumbells and giving it a go;) I was going to the gym 4 times a week and doing arm exercises as part of that, I used to do about an hour and always felt great afterwards, BUT to be honest I didn't enjoy it much, and it started to feel like a punishment so I didn't want to go in the end (may try and go back again, we'll see) but i decided to do something I enjoyed more like walking as I know it's something I enjoy so will do regulary, I try and do a big walk 2-3 miles every other day.

I'm a long way off the gym too self conscious, I'm happy with cross trainer and now weights when daughter is at nursery in September I'm going to take advantage and tire my dog out on long walks. I have it wrote down on my stone rewards chart to join gym after losing 6st...we'll see.

Totally understand about the 19 stone magic number! I am the same, I can't wait not to have a 20 in front of my weight...would be wonderful and I'd feel like a teenager again too, cos I was about 19 the last time I weighed that!

Glad it isn't just me that thinks its magical lol.

Jo, I think the way you've worked out your weight loss based on 2lb a week is a good way of doing it, you have an end to your journey in place then, I kind of did this but think I may need to re-adjust my timings to account for my diversion LOL!!!

Jo, I think the way you've worked out your weight loss based on 2lb a week is a good way of doing it, you have an end to your journey in place then, I kind of did this but think I may need to re-adjust my timings to account for my diversion LOL!!!

I've had to readjust lol I should have finished 1st week of December 2015 lol Ooops

I couId spit, I really could! This is the third time I've tried to post on here and my stupid tablet just blanks the message. Three times I've tried to say hello to Biggabird. Hi btw and hope you're doing well this week. And it makes me look like I can't spell. My lappy does that too to be fair. :eek:

I tried to say I liked your link for bingos Jo, particularly as the exercise was laying down, always a winner with me. :rolleyes:

And Jem, you know very well no ones going anywhere without you. :D As biggabird said, so much better to stick together with others that really understand. Ours is a longer journey so we need to huddle together and support each other. And, I'm quite comfortable admitting to you lot about my 1 stone holiday gain. Not telling those in real life. :eek: It would be all over town! Not telling them my weight either. :ashamed0005: No indeedy, but I don't mind telling you. :D

Forgot Jo. Day 1- 40mins. Day 2- 30 mins. Weights now in action.
Actually in truth one weight in action. I too have an enthusiastic 2 year old helper, only mines my little grandson. He wandered off with one secretly and now can't remember where it is, or won't tell. I'm considering withholding his Wheels on the Bus privileges on youtube until he fesses up. :sign0151:

So my workout today was a SparksPeople (youtube) seated upper body sculpture using one weight and one bottle of ironing water. Not a cool look.

I couId spit, I really could! This is the third time I've tried to post on here and my stupid tablet just blanks the message. Three times I've tried to say hello to Biggabird. Hi btw and hope you're doing well this week. And it makes me look like I can't spell. My lappy does that too to be fair. :eek:

I had that yesterday either kept saying access denied or something about not being able to do this action within this forum like not having permission to do it...got there in the end.

I tried to say I liked your link for bingos Jo, particularly as the exercise was laying down, always a winner with me. :rolleyes:

My new favourite thing to do because its good for me and then I get to smile as I watch my Doodle bug copying me lol.

And Jem, you know very well no ones going anywhere without you. :D As biggabird said, so much better to stick together with others that really understand. Ours is a longer journey so we need to huddle together and support each other. And, I'm quite comfortable admitting to you lot about my 1 stone holiday gain. Not telling those in real life. :eek: It would be all over town! Not telling them my weight either. :ashamed0005: No indeedy, but I don't mind telling you. :D

I'm totally the same way I tell you things I wouldn't tell my best friend or hubby. My mum knows my weight but she's my mum I tell her everything and hubby knows how much I have to lose as its written on my chalk board but we've never had a discussion about it and I haven't actually said yes I weigh more than a small elephant lol and he never asks me whether I've lost or gained...but I always see him reading my chalk board when he comes in from work on a Friday evening lol. The unspoken words lol.

Last edited:
Forgot Jo. Day 1- 40mins. Day 2- 30 mins. Weights now in action.
Actually in truth one weight in action. I too have an enthusiastic 2 year old helper, only mines my little grandson. He wandered off with one secretly and now can't remember where it is, or won't tell. I'm considering withholding his Wheels on the Bus privileges on youtube until he fesses up. :sign0151:

So my workout today was a SparksPeople (youtube) seated upper body sculpture using one weight and one bottle of ironing water. Not a cool look.

Woohoo look at you. Are you still working towards body magic challenge? And tell me about it I went to do more weights last night and found mine in the sandpit in the garden lol because where else would they be lol. I used to do it with baked bean tins before I bought my weights lol

So tomorrow is weigh in number 5. Last week I lost 3lbs but I'm going to call it 2 as I had gained the week before. I'm putting that down to * week although she didn't show. I have been on plan 100% I have kept up with the drinking...although I will admit only 2 litres a day but still plenty. I hope I have a loss but for some reason I don't feel I will. I don't know why and I just can't explain it but I feel heavy...not bloated or anything I just don't feel like I've lost. I hope I'm wrong and even if it's just 0.5lb I will be over the moon I'd even settle for STS but like I say I can't explain it but I just don't feel like I've lost. May be I'm still trying to protect myself by not getting my hopes up but I even said to my mum yesterday I don't feel like I've lost anything. Suppose I will find out tomorrow but going into WI convinced I haven't loss.

Hi Ellie4,

well i am still losing! 2 more lbs and I am in the 21s. I am strangely excited.

I am going to try on a pair of jeans I have in a size smaller this weekend. They were just a bit too tight and now the larger ones come down without unbuttoning and there is about 4 inches of spare fabric on each thigh so it is worth a try......

Hubby took his belt in a notch as well (abt 1.5") so all is good.

I also hate my bingo wings. I did look into surgery to reduce them but i think i will buy some dumbells when the time comes and hope that any extra muscle pulls the skin in a more aesthetic direction.

Last time I did this i remember standing in front of a hotel mirror on abusiness trip and realising that I had arm definition and a 6 pack!! So you never know...... might have to buy a stomach cruncher before I get to that again but it would be worth it!

One day i will post a before photo but right now I hate how I look so much......

Last edited:

Oh Ellie, stupid technology, how annoying:mad: But anyway lovely lady I love that your not going anywhere without me...means a lot x I agree we need to stick together on our longer than usual journeys, and as you say NOONE else understands in the same way, especially when we gain or get stuck for ages like I do, no this is definitely the best place to air your dirty weight related laundry LOL!!

Sounds like you doing good on your body magic, well done you :D think i'll have to get myself some weights as I need to clip my bingos for sure:rolleyes:xx

So tomorrow is weigh in number 5. Last week I lost 3lbs but I'm going to call it 2 as I had gained the week before. I'm putting that down to * week although she didn't show. I have been on plan 100% I have kept up with the drinking...although I will admit only 2 litres a day but still plenty. I hope I have a loss but for some reason I don't feel I will. I don't know why and I just can't explain it but I feel heavy...not bloated or anything I just don't feel like I've lost. I hope I'm wrong and even if it's just 0.5lb I will be over the moon I'd even settle for STS but like I say I can't explain it but I just don't feel like I've lost. May be I'm still trying to protect myself by not getting my hopes up but I even said to my mum yesterday I don't feel like I've lost anything. Suppose I will find out tomorrow but going into WI convinced I haven't loss.

Feeling bloated today too Jo, also got * week, what joy! I feel bloated and don't anticipate a great loss on Monday but you never know..have a good day:)

I think Jo may have something there too when she said we try to mentally prepare ourselves in case theres a gain. I can be a right old pessimist the night before weigh in.
Having said that, I'm also awaiting *week, which is late so don't feel the best. I'v never really worked out if it impacts on my weight or not.

Jem, I'd get hold of one of those set of 3 weights. I'm on with the really light ones at mo. Wouldn't start with anything a 2 year old couldn't lift because your arms will drop off if you do. They are hard work! :character00116:
I intend to work up to my pink ones, once I've wrestled them off my son. He'll have to move on the the killer blue ones. :eek:

Dumbells are different aren't they. Not sure what you do with those. :confused:

Will get a set of 3 Ellie and start off slowly...my wings couldn't take too much flapping to start with LOL!! I think we do prepare ourselves, and sometimes we get a nice surprise, I don't think I will on Monday as I normally find period makes me bloated and feel fatter:mad:

Told you I didn't feel light star week has just arrived. Fed up now because I know I'm going to gain.

So here's my day so far taking into consideration its only 6am. My hubby woke me up this morning and I woke up thinking it was a regular day only to find some dickhead has broken into my car there are 3 cars in the car park and mine is the oldest shittiest one so why they thought it would be filled with gold I don't know. The car is full of tools and what do they steal? A shitty sat nav that is brand new got it Sunday because hubby is starting somewhere new on Monday...so it's guna cost me however much for the sake of a £40 sat nav. Pissed off is not the word. And we still have to get him a sat nav for Monday so more expense. It always seems to happen to us...3 months back someone just for the fun of it snapped off my hubby windscreen wipers...on our old street there was like 50 cars parked up but of all the cars they picked ours sometimes I feel like I have a target on my back.

Anyway regardless of this I still had to go to supermarket as I needed pet food so drove up and parked my car that has no window and went inside to get food and get weighed. Shockingly with it being star week I have lost 1lb. Still wish I could have got the extra 0.5lb to get in next stone bracket but next week will do. So this week I have got my 1.5 stone award.

With the good comes the bad.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your car Jo, b*******! Well done on the 1lb off especially as you felt you wouldn't lose, I have * week too and am not expecting to lose a thing!! Like your link..so far I've lost the same as 6 steam irons!! Ha ha:)

Back