anyone starting today?

Discussion in 'Harcombe Diet' started by marni, 18 November 2010 Social URL.

1. marni

marni Member

Hey all. Ive just switched from slimming world to harcombe as i know its the only thing that controls my cravings. Just wondering if anyone else is starting today.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    No but good luck with phase 1!!

4. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Best of luck with it, and let us know how you get on

5. marni

marni Member

Starting tomorrow now :( that has to b the shortest diet to date. My dh just said u will b off it again by tomorrow so that has given me some determination.

6. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

Hi, Marni, I am starting today :wavey: However I did stay off caffeine and carbs yesterday. My head is kiiling me but I don't feel as bloated as usual. Good luck

7. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Stick with it !! I have been doing harcombe for few weeks now and have repeated phase 1 3 times. Each time I have had a cracking headache,but it does pass. Just finished my 3rd stint and the headache was definately less this time.
    Once you get into it it's a great diet, i love the fact that there is no weighing or measuring or counting AT ALL !! so liberating !!

8. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

Sorry if I sound silly but why are you repeating phase 1 so soon?

9. marni

marni Member

How much have u lost so far mommie. In the book it says u can repeat phase one as often as u like if u have a lot to lose. I do agree it is very liberating. Just got to get past the cravings bit and i will b home and dry a long as i don't cheat too soon

10. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    i repeated phase 1 this week cos i went off the rails a bit last week and wanted to get back under control. I have repeated it a couple of times just to try and keep me balanced IYKWIM .plus I actually like the fact that you can have your brown rice with anything,last night I had cjicken curry and rice which I couldnt have together on phase 2 so i tend to swap between the 2 depending on what I fancy to eat this week. Always make sure I am back on phase 2 by the weekend tho so I can have my wine on a saturday night:D

11. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

After doing phase one and getting cavings under control, won't the cravings come back when you start eating carbs and caffiene ect again in phase 2? I am a bit confused as to the reason for no caffeine, dairy and alcahol for 5 days but then you are allowed.

12. marni

marni Member

That's a good idea and u can make sure u keep ur cravings at bay that way

13. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    strictly speaking you shouldnt have caffiene on phase 2, and if you stick to unprocessed carbs any cravings should stay under control-eaten without fat of course ,and dont forget to leave 3.5 to 4 hours between a carb meal/snack and a fat meal/snack so they dont interfere with each other
    5 days accoding to the book is just long enough to kill candida overgrowth ( sounds gross) or break any food intolerances. Then you should reintroduce things slowly to monitor for any reactions.

Hope this makes sense

14. Elkay

Elkay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Lol - I am going to miss my red wine tonight too! I have volunteered to drive to remove temptation! I will definitely be treating myself to a glass after work on Wednesday though ;).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.