Anyone still up? Can you help with DD cals please?

ClaireLR

Hi, I started this diet yesterday with my husband on a DD, todays been my first UD and Im feeling pretty good :)
I wondered if anyone could give me some advice about DD calorie consumption, on Monday I had one.meal and ate all my cals for breakfast. My hubby spread his throughout the day. Is one way better than the other? I did feel hungry later on but usually I find it easier to not eat anything rather than start and know where to stop! Would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this please!

xx

I did first DD on Monday too, and I spread it out over the day rather than just have one meal. Its a personal thing I think, whatever works for you.

Agreed. The ideal thing is to fast (Alternate Day) but most people find that too difficult.

I spread mine on my first DD into breakfast and dinner, I was really hungry in the evening so on my second DD I decided I won't eat until I felt hungry. I had my first lot of food at around 3.30pm then my evening meal at around 6.30pm and I was absolutely fine. I did have a slight headache all day though which I am told is quite normal when you first start so I am hoping to have my 3rd DD which is today headache and hunger free :D good luck I am doing this with my hubby as well :)

It really is an individual thing, getting through the day within your calories is the goal, how you do that is entirely up to you. It makes no difference weight wise its the total thatr matters.
As Minnie Mel says the diet is based on total fasting, the cals were introduced to make it more do able for most. However after about 5 weks into Juddd I found that not eating at all on my DD 's was my best plan as I only got hungry when I ate, I followed this plan for about 5 weeks, during this time my weight loss was not really affected by this I mean I lost no more than I was used to, after reading on an American forum that others who didn't eat their DD allowance found their weight loss stalled or slowed , when they started eating their DD cals again their weight loss improved or remained unchanged. I lost 2 lbs last week (week 13 on juddd) eating my 500 cals.
This is of course only my experience and the longer you do Juddd you will find what works best for you as one thing I have found is that it is a very individual diet with regards to how it affects people x

I spread mine out a bit but I dont have breakfast and start eating at lunchtime as I am not really hungry before then. I then have lunch (which is sometimes porridge... lol) and then dinner, I also have a few calories left for a snack (a couple of apricots and some sugar free jelly), I also have a milk allowance for coffee which helps to fill me up.

Thanks for all the replies! I think I may try spreading my cals throughout the day on my next DD. Today I had 2 eggs 2 apples and one slice of toast this morning (Im on 425 cals on a DD) and I was ok until tea time and have had on off hunger pangs since then. I might keep some cals for milk in coffees and may also get some 10 cal soups.

Looking forward to my UD tomorrow, am having broccoli cheese of all things for breakfast, I made some for my daughter today and it looked so yum!

10 calorie soup that's a good idea. Amazing what you can find for few calories - have been spending ages analysing labels in the supermarket lol x

Back