Anyone used to be on WW now on SW?

Lozzie Stardust

Fat Geek to Thin Geek
Hi,

I'm currently doing WW discover at home & seem to be stuck at -18lbs. I seem to have lost my motivation.

A new SW class is opening near me & I was wonder how others found the leap between to two? I was also wondering if anyone found going to group useful?

i came across to sw from ww just over a month ago and i love it! i do it online as i never have the same days off or finish work at a set time so find it difficult to go to one particular meeting but sw is so much more flexible than ww and i love pasta so it suits me down to the ground. I also find i loose more weight on sw and eat much nicer meals

Wow! Thanks I'm just hoping going to meeting will give my lardy arse the kick it needs, I was worried SW was going to be too restrictive.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh my gosh! It's totally the opposite of restrictive. I love that because you can never run out of 'points' that whenever you find yourself hungry you can always have something substantial, whereas on WW, it's easy to find your only option is fruit/veg which doesn't hit the spot.

I love it, and haven't come straight from WW, but have done both plans, and SW Wins hands down for me!!

:)

I did weight watchers and did lose weight but I was hungry all the time. This was on the old plan though.

For me sw is better because I love cooking big meals from scratch and eating out without worrying about weighing or measuring. I just love sw but for me it is essential to go to class every week otherwise I tend to fall off the plan.

I did WW and it just didn't work! Felt like being on a diet whereas SW has been fab and very easy to pick up plus I always feel full!

Never done WW dont fancy it at all, but S W is so easy, and you can eat soooooo much. It is not restrictive at all, just the opposite. You can fill yr plate till yr full, and you are allowed between up to 15syns a day, so a little treat every day! I personally go to group, my c is beyond excellent and I find the w i keeps me on track. Also if you find a good c and group it is a nice way of meeting new people who are on the same journey as yourself. I just love the food, the plans, the whole experience, cant rate it highly enough. Give it a go, you wont be disappointed. Good luck

The group is going to be new and doesn't start till 19/5 so I will be joining you ladies soon ^____^ do you calculate Syns? I like the idea of free fruit, a banana is 1.5 points on the old WW plan, could have a slice of toast & light spread for that! Kinda put me off having one!

I used to do Ww. When I joined sw instead I stayed the same for about two weeks.
Don't be disheartened though. It's because you wil eat so much more food and your allowed to!!
I woulde never ever go back to Ww. The portion sizes and points are simply not enough for me.
I honestly do eat like a horse and always lose weight with the diet.
Like I said the first couple of weeks you may not lose due to your body adjusting to the diet. Go with it!!!!

Looking forward to it :) I'm hoping going to meetings will give me the right kick up the bum and also I struggle with going out or having mates round for takeaways and the fact I can have 'free' rice of certain days is a lot better then spending 6points on it.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they're are equal amounts of coverts both ways I just think that a new plan will provide to motivation to push forward!

ive gone the other way, but i still sing both sw and ww praises. i lost weight years ago with ww and recently lost almost 2 stone on sw. im going over to ww for a change as i feel stuck and eat same thing all the time with me working full time now i just dont have the time to get cooking in the kitchen :D
goodluck though wish you lots of losses x

I can't help with any advice cos I've only done SW but I love this plan and the freedom it offers. Before I started the plan I looked into it and also into WW and I did a bit of research in the supermarkets. SW won hands down cos of WW system of counting points.

For example - went shopping last week and made the mistake of going at lunch time before I had eaten. I was starving so to curb my appetite I found 2 pkts of WW thick cut ham on the reduced counter. I ate one while I was doing my shopping - surely I'm not the only one that eats things then presents empty wrappers to be scanned at the till? :D - I then ate the other one with 2 tomatoes in the car and followed it with a banana. 2 slices of extra lean ham was 2 points (I think) and I had 8 slices so that with the banana was more than my half my daily allowance (again, I think?) On SW all of these items are freefoods.

No contest.

Edited to add - just checked and I was wrong about the points - 2 slices = 1 point so my calculations are out but I still say its better if its freefood.

Hi, have done ww and sw in the past, have found sw to be the better one.It teaches you healthy eating and you never feel hungry!On ww I found, like other people I was using my points for choc,crisps etc when Iwas feeling hungry,not good! Plus the portion sizes are too restrictive.
Good luck in making your mind up .

Thanks for the info! WW has worked really well for me in to past but Recently I just kept spending the points on tat :) as a carb-o-holic green days sound fun! Lol I've also heard good things about EE.

i've just converted from ww to sw. i've done sw before, but it was my first time on ww. i was always hungry and my weight was stalling as i just couldn't stick to it - i'd get to 3pm and would ahve used most of my points so would panic and binge! :eek: lol

sw is fab.. i come back to it time and time again because, as long as i stick with it, it works for me! x

Back