Anyone with similar experience?

JaxieD

Silver Member
Hi all :)

I'm an experienced 'yoyo dieter' :p and have been on and off various diets over the years without ever reaching my goal weight :-(

I put on weight very easily and struggle to lose it which results in me weighing several pounds heavier every January :'-(

For the past few weeks I was following SW and exercising 4 times a week (Spinning and kettle bells) with really no weightloss....obviously this has been very depressing as I was really careful with my portions as well. I just can't understand it as I've never been as energetic and healthy. I've been so motivated but now I feel completely deflated

Sooooo I threw the head up a couple of days ago and am now back to the drawing board......in desperation. I no longer seem to have control over my weight

I have done WW many times over the years both discover and propoints with some success (although PP last year was slow). I'm a 43 year old woman weighing 13 st 11lbs and would like to lose 2 stone but it seems impossible. I know weight loss gets more difficult the older you are but this is ridiculous.....

Has anyone similar experience where SW just did not work but WW did? That would give me hope that doing PP might be the answer

Thanks

Absolutely. I loved the range of food on slimming world but I just couldn't lose any weight. My sw leader even checked my food diary and confirmed I'd eaten right.

With weight watchers I'm not eating too much for my body to process. I've lost 4 stone with wws in the past but I stupidly stopped going and put two stone back on .

I know people who've lost loads with sw and it really works for them, but not for me.

Hi! You sound exactly the same as me however I'm only 25. Iv been dieting on and off for years tried sw, ww, Cambridge u name it I've done it! Iv had several successes with weight watchers only to put the weight on again and like u every January im heavier then the last. Iv tried sw twice now and it's just not for me. I lost no weight on it at all and I believe it's not controlled enough with the portions. I would have mountains of pasta and meat and I don't see how that can work, some days I would transfer what I had eaten to ww points and it would be well over 50 points! So I joined ww again 3 weeks ago, topped the scales at 14.6 which horrified me and iv lost 11.5lb so far! I think definately stick to ww, it's an excellent diet and so flexible. Good luck :) xx

I also have done both SW and WW (and lots of other diets as well) I had some success on SW but I too struggled with portion control and would eat huge portions of 'free' food.

I am loving the new pro points, I really feel like i have found a plan that really suits me and I save all my weekly points for wine and treats at the weekend. Its so flexible and its really easy to find food at lunchtime if I haven't bought anything in from home.

I'm definately a convert.

Hello Jax,
How are you hunni, I am glad i have seen this, i am in the same boat as you lately hunni. I dont no where to start. I have been following ww since after xmas with a 4lb loss. I am 2 stone or more over weight.
Welcome hunni we can all do this together xxx

Awwwwh, hiya Gemma, so nice to hear from you. ....I'm really at my wits end :-( don't know what to do.....I'm hoping that PP might be the answer.....just can't understand how I can be so overweight when I eat so well and do all the exercise. I stopped PP last year coz I had lost so little on it but at the mo i'll be delighted with even a half pound. If I don't then im going to see my doc.

Well done on your 4lbs.....I've been trying for 4 weeks with nothing off.....actually gave up bread, rice, potatoes, pasta etc last week and lost zero!!!!!
I'll keep u posted

Have to stop feeling sorry for myself.

iwannabskinny said:
Absolutely. I loved the range of food on slimming world but I just couldn't lose any weight. My sw leader even checked my food diary and confirmed I'd eaten right.

With weight watchers I'm not eating too much for my body to process. I've lost 4 stone with wws in the past but I stupidly stopped going and put two stone back on .

I know people who've lost loads with sw and it really works for them, but not for me.

Thanks for that...,,I'm hoping this will work for me.....I didn't overeat on SW either but it just didn't work which is a pity as I really like SW......time will tell :)

Omg this is like reading my last few weeks SW had no success but previously I did WW and got to goal and so today started the Ww one and packed in the Sw one.

Thought I was the only one as know people who rave about SW an yes it's got a great rang of free food but no wonder I couldn't lose weight I could eat a house load of pasta and meat and eggs and potatoe yet I knew from Ww they were not great

i was on SW but not for long as i would lose weight one week then the next i put on, couldn't cope with yoyoing like that.

so i came back to weightwatchers and decided i was staying until the end no matter how long it takes.

stick at it , wiggle things about a bit until it's right for you :D

I did SW for years with some degree of success. Then last May I even did it and went to class to weigh in... and lost 11lbs in about 5 weeks. Then went away for a month to work for a summer camp, ate too much, gained 7lbs, then went to Vegas, and seriously could not lose the weight again really. I was also doing kettlebells 3 times a week and my weight was either STS or increasing!!

TBH, some people just don't lose alot of weight when exercising. My sister is the same and even on The Biggest Loser last week one of the trainers said that some people gain more muscle during exercise which hinders weightloss.

I've been on WW for 3 weeks. I joined a gym new years eve and do treadmill, classes and swimming about 3 times a week. But despite losing 4.5lbs in my first week, i only lost 0.5lbs this week. I put it down to constipation (too much information lol sorry), and perhaps eating the ''wrong'' foods despite being well within my points. Either way, 4.5lbs was bigger than any single loss i had on SW and even though i only lost 0.5lbs this week I don't feel "cheated" that i'd starved myself for a crap result. In fact i just think "i got to eat THAT and STILL lost weight, cool!" :D

I would say do not give up :) start looking at every 0.5lb as a success and not a bigger hurdle to jump :) that's whats helping me. As long as it IS coming off then thats better than nothing. Good luck xxx

Rosie_Lee said:
i was on SW but not for long as i would lose weight one week then the next i put on, couldn't cope with yoyoing like that.

so i came back to weightwatchers and decided i was staying until the end no matter how long it takes.

stick at it , wiggle things about a bit until it's right for you :D

Thanks Rosie_Lee......I'm back doing WW from Monday so I really hope to see some downward movement coz if not theres defo something not right with me :-(

All the best

Im the same, I hated SW and had no success with it, I lose weight very slowly even with a big effort since I had my kids, so Im trying to change my mindset, I dont care how long it takes this time, even .5lbs down is great, if I keep chipping away at it slowly with WW I can eat yummy food,feel in control and I will get there, Ill be at goal before Christmas. If I give up and try every fad diet going, Ill be here again next year a stone heavier Im guessing. We can do it!

Buggsbunny2000 - don't worry about only losing 0.5 like you say it In the right direction and after a big first lose it's expected to even out and the rule is the slower you lose it the more likely it is the last time you will lose those pounds.

Stay possitive and the results will come even if not as fast as you hoped this time it will be the last time good luck

Hi JaxieD. I did SW for a few years and did really well on it to start with. When i got to my lowest weight (after about 3 years of going up and down) i was weighing pasta and potatoes and exercising a couple of hours a day. Then the weight started to creep back on when i stopped weighing the carbs and i really took the free food idea too literally! Now i'm back where i started, and i think it's because i got too used to eating as much as i wanted. i never thought ww would work for me with all the counting but i'm in my 4th week now and feeling in control. I know how frustrating it is when you're exercising and not losing, but it will be doing you the world of good on the inside and it will start to pay off on the scales, just don't give up!

ingrid_bamm said:
Hi JaxieD. I did SW for a few years and did really well on it to start with. When i got to my lowest weight (after about 3 years of going up and down) i was weighing pasta and potatoes and exercising a couple of hours a day. Then the weight started to creep back on when i stopped weighing the carbs and i really took the free food idea too literally! Now i'm back where i started, and i think it's because i got too used to eating as much as i wanted. i never thought ww would work for me with all the counting but i'm in my 4th week now and feeling in control. I know how frustrating it is when you're exercising and not losing, but it will be doing you the world of good on the inside and it will start to pay off on the scales, just don't give up!

Thanks Ingrid, I really hope so as I'm feeling so down at the moment....it's taking over my every thought :-(

Xx

Buggsbunny2000 - don't worry about only losing 0.5 like you say it In the right direction and after a big first lose it's expected to even out and the rule is the slower you lose it the more likely it is the last time you will lose those pounds.

Stay possitive and the results will come even if not as fast as you hoped this time it will be the last time good luck

Thanks hun! I'm staying positive - on SW i couldn't stay positive when I only lost 0.5lbs cos i felt like i busted a gut trying to lose! Whereas WW is now such a normal part of my life. If I want something, i'll check to points on my iphone. If its too much I'll have something new (and equally delicious) and do not feel robbed! I am shocked with how much i can still eat, but i feel I do not unnecessarily snack throughout the day/night anymore. And the portion sizes are perfect, i no longer feel STUFFED after my meals which i did during SW and when i was not dieting. I LOVE WEIGHTWATCHERS :)

Hi all :)

I'm an experienced 'yoyo dieter' :p and have been on and off various diets over the years without ever reaching my goal weight :-(

I put on weight very easily and struggle to lose it which results in me weighing several pounds heavier every January :'-(

For the past few weeks I was following SW and exercising 4 times a week (Spinning and kettle bells) with really no weightloss....obviously this has been very depressing as I was really careful with my portions as well. I just can't understand it as I've never been as energetic and healthy. I've been so motivated but now I feel completely deflated

Sooooo I threw the head up a couple of days ago and am now back to the drawing board......in desperation. I no longer seem to have control over my weight

I have done WW many times over the years both discover and propoints with some success (although PP last year was slow). I'm a 43 year old woman weighing 13 st 11lbs and would like to lose 2 stone but it seems impossible. I know weight loss gets more difficult the older you are but this is ridiculous.....

Has anyone similar experience where SW just did not work but WW did? That would give me hope that doing PP might be the answer

Thanks

Hi Jax

I'm just dipping into the WW forum as i'm going to join tonight. I currently doing SW and have done for about the last year. I've lost 20lb to date, but am really really struggling at the moment, and your opening post really felt like something i could have written myself.
I work out min 6 times a week at the moment with C25k & Kettleworx, but previously to that I did 30 day shred and boxing. Mainly, I eat really well...obvioulsy like most people I still have a life, but I find at the moment no matter how hard I try I can't seem to lose more than a pound or two per month!

I'm taking the weekend to decide which plan i'm going to follow for sure, but I'm wondering whether the "measuring" of propoints will work better for me.
This thread gives me some comfort that i'm not the only one & hope that WW can help me :)

xx

Cleogin said:
Hi Jax

I'm just dipping into the WW forum as i'm going to join tonight. I currently doing SW and have done for about the last year. I've lost 20lb to date, but am really really struggling at the moment, and your opening post really felt like something i could have written myself.
I work out min 6 times a week at the moment with C25k & Kettleworx, but previously to that I did 30 day shred and boxing. Mainly, I eat really well...obvioulsy like most people I still have a life, but I find at the moment no matter how hard I try I can't seem to lose more than a pound or two per month!

I'm taking the weekend to decide which plan i'm going to follow for sure, but I'm wondering whether the "measuring" of propoints will work better for me.
This thread gives me some comfort that i'm not the only one & hope that WW can help me :)

xx

Hi Cleogin

I really wish SW worked for me, I really do! Some people on minimins have often posted that it works for everyone if done right....well I can categorically say that this time it absolutely did not! I was on it solidly for 4 weeks, had 1/3 superfree with my meals, and kept within my syns. I kept putting on and off the same pound and was pulling my hair out!

I've been on WW for a 4 days and so far so good....fingers crossed. I'm keeping up the exercise as it makes me feel good and I'm hoping with WW's help it'll help me lower my weight.

I feel a lot more positive this past few days.....maybe I just can't eat as much as other people without putting on weight......I don't know :-S

One thing I have noticed is that I'm defo a bit hungrier than on SW but that's prob coz I'm not eating as much so maybe that's telling in itself!

Hope you make the right decision and good luck x

I lost 3 stone in 9 months with SW (August 10 - May 11). I then put half of it back on, while still "following the plan", over the next few months. I was over-eating free foods, not stopping when full and had NO control over portion sizes.

I'm now into my fourth week of WW, and I'm 6.5 lbs lighter. I love the fact that there are "recommended" portion sizes, but that I can change them, if I adjust the points (I have 40g of cereal, rather than 30, and just count the extra point!).

Back