Anyoone on fb thats concerned about privacy etc.....

I am probably being a bit dim here, but what I really don't understand is how this works. If someone puts their phone number on Facebook, how does FB then know all the numbers on their phone?

Leaving aside the privacy issues for the moment, I want to know how they do that!
They haven't done it..the person who synced their phone with their Facebook account has done it. When you access Facebook through your phone ..say your Blackberry it asks you if you want to sync your contacts..if you say yes it will download your Facebook contacts to your phone but at the same time will upload your phone contacts to your Facebook page.
It's nothing sinister.. but we merrily click buttons sometimes without realising what we are actually doing. It just highlights that we need to read everything when we downlaods apps.
Also only you can see the numbers on your page.

Last edited:
Exactly as fedupmum has posted above, the original post is just *another* one of those going around the rumour mill.

Because of my job I'm seen as an 'embassador' for the company that I work for, even on my facebook page so that is locked up so tight (like a duck's bum!).

But that's because everything has to be like that because of the nature of my work. We have a blue bubble that must be preserved!

Back