Applying to be a counsellor - at what point did you...

I mentioned to my CDC late last year ..that people (not you lot here obviosuly..my real life friends :D) kept telling me id be a good CDC etc.... my CDC went white and im NOT sure why?? I DONT want to be one AT ALL!!! i have my own business to run as it is lol... seems she is not 'that' busy and said 'far too many in our area as it is'.. thats rubbish though as we all know different people anyway!!

STRANGE!
Thats how I think my CDC will react :( Then what happens.....:confused:

.Does that mean then that a CDC like sponsoring other people?

I think most Consultants are happy to sponsor. I would love to whether I got paid for it or not...but then I wanted to be a consultant whether I got paid or not :D

Can I ask another question to KD or any other CDCs please. Is this more of a part time job or can it be made into a proper full time job. (Obviously with the right clients.)

I think it depends. The 'needs' in your area, the amount consultants there are, but yes, many make it full time, some just do part time.

Question for you now :p

(Obviously with the right clients.)

LOL...so who are they? And how will you know which ones are the right ones when they first phone you? LOL Sorry, it just tickled me. I could imagine being on the phone saying "umm...no sorry, you don't pass....WW for you" :D

Probably misunderstood :D

Thanks KD for your reply
Quote:
(Obviously with the right clients.)
LOL...so who are they? And how will you know which ones are the right ones when they first phone you? LOL Sorry, it just tickled me. I could imagine being on the phone saying "umm...no sorry, you don't pass....WW for you" :D
Lol oops sorry didn't mean it like that. I ment the right 'amount' of people. Did sound funny though:D

I would love to whether I got paid for it or not...but then I wanted to be a consultant whether I got paid or not :D
I can see that too and I tell everyone my CD 'secret' to losing weight when they ask. It's just, obviously, setting up fees, insurance, tax returns e.c.t frighten me a bit :hide: especially in the economic climate at the mo.

Thanks KD for your reply
Lol oops sorry didn't mean it like that. I ment the right 'amount' of people. Did sound funny though:D

It did :D I was imagining just having all these 'right' people and how perfect life would be. Then I woke up LOL

Ack, though, all my clients are fabby dabby.

It's just, obviously, setting up fees, insurance, tax returns e.c.t frighten me a bit :hide: especially in the economic climate at the mo.

Cambridge are very helpful and so are other CDCs if you ask :) I wasn't so concerned about those bits. I run 2 other businesses of my own so have public liability, a very expensive Accountant (ummm....me thinks I should change him...but he's very sweet LOL) and also these two businesses are very stable, so could take the risk if need be with the CDCing.

I was more concerned with having easy access to the packs, which is why I delayed becoming a consultant for about 3 years after goal. Weird isn't it what bother us.

Hard to tell how business would be for you. Could only really get that sort of info from your own CDC to see what it's like in your area.

Cambridge are very helpful and so are other CDCs if you ask :) I wasn't so concerned about those bits. I run 2 other businesses of my own so have public liability, a very expensive Accountant (ummm....me thinks I should change him...but he's very sweet LOL) and also these two businesses are very stable, so could take the risk if need be with the CDCing.
Thanks I have a very secure part time job but finances worry me most.
Hard to tell how business would be for you. Could only really get that sort of info from your own CDC to see what it's like in your area.
I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and have a word with her. If she turns me away I may have to ask elsewhere and contact cambridge:rolleyes:

Back