Arthritis and CD

skinnycookietobe

Hiya all,

Does anyone doing the cd have arthritis? Please can u tell me if you have lost weight and has it eased your pain? Are you still taking medication for pain or has your weight loss meant u don't need it anymore??

Xx

Hi

I have palindromic rheumatoid arthritis and I also get an awful rash that flares up with my joints, admittedly I wasn't too far overweight but enough that it seems to have made a difference. Since i started losign weight I have to say that I have noticed a difference with my joints, they're not as painful and although still swollen, it's not as much. I wasn't taking any DMARDS anyway (was on hydroxychloroquine but stopped that by choice) and I came off tramadol before I started doing CD SS. I've seen it published that VLCDs are really good for helping arthritis (not sure which types of arthritis) but they do say that healthy eating, exercise, etc.. are all good for arthritis

I read a clip in the paper the other month and it was about how the cd reduced symptoms for osteoarthritis suffers. I don't have OA but I'll give anything a try

Back