Asda Chickpea Dhal

lydia150970

Gold Member
Hi

Is Asda Chickpea Dhal still free on green?

So do I, Ive had 2 tins this week for lunch, but a sneaky peak on the scales showed a 1lb gain which I can't account for so thought I better check about this.

As far as I know it's free but they might have changed it. Is there anything else you have changed, like more red days or green days etc? I did a full week of green days for a change, stuck to plan and gained 2lbs :mad:

Is it true, that you lose more on red? I prefer red, but I also like green for a change or if feeling really hungry, would hate to spoil it. I am easily confused as can't see how eating all those pasta type sachets can help you. Haven't even contemplated EE yet, still trying to make sense of the original plan.

xx

As far as I'm aware, ASDA Chick Pea Dhal is still free.

As for do you lose more on red or green, looking back at various discussions on this board about this question, it seems to be very much an individual thing. Some people seem to do better on one or the other, depending on their own bodies and how they work. So it's a case of just seeing if one works better for you or not.

Think sharwoods do a version of chickpea or lentil dahl in their new sachet type thingies (i know bombay potato is another) does anybody know if that would be free as well? xx

Think sharwoods do a version of chickpea or lentil dahl in their new sachet type thingies (i know bombay potato is another) does anybody know if that would be free as well? xx
I believe it's with the tinned vegetables. It's not with the other Indian stuff.

As for the Sharwoods, I didn't find a chick pea dhal, but the bombay potato is:

Sharwood's Bombay Potato, ambient 300g pouch

red.gif
Original 14½ Syns
green.gif
Green 6½ Syns

I would not assume that all chick pea dhals are free as some of them have more oil in the recipe. I think the ASDA's one is unique.

I found the CPD in Asda with the tinned ready meals (e.g. chilli), tinned meatballs, hotdogs etc.

Thanks guys. I am strict Vegetarian so only do green days, and doing EE will give me nothing extra just take away 2 HE's for me. I have stuck to plan and not done anything different except for have the 2 tins of Chickpea Dhal, which normally I only have occasionally but its been a busy week for me so taken the quick route at lunchtime a couple of days this week.

We will see what happens tomorrow at official weigh in, I might be worrying over nothing!

Its a 400g tin so I have it on its on for a lunch, if I was having for nighttime tea would probably have half tin with some brown rice.

where abouts is this in Asda. is it where the rice is and indian sauces?

Hi, I found it down aisle with the curry sauces (jars/tins etc). My s/w leader told us last week the asda one is free but the sainsbury's is not (on green)

Oh no ive just brought sainsburys own. I haven't eaten it yet, good job really as it's 11 syns!

Back