ASDA pittas (sorry to bring this up again, but its good news!)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mandy296, 16 November 2010 Social URL.

1. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Was in ASDA at the weekend and noticed that the own brand version of their pittas were back!!! For ages, my ASDA only had the "Flatbread Co" version, which I think we all agreed were not a HEX

So, it looks like we now have 2 approved HEX B choice pitta breads, the ASDA own brand and the Co-op own brand. (I've just checked and both are still on the SW website as a healthy extra)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aww thats good i can pop over to asda and have some pitta with my curry tonight xx

4. elb4160

elb4160 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    28st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    20st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aww no! Its just too late to amend my asda order now :(

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would double check with SW HQ just to be on the safe side - the ingredients may have changed - the pittas have been showing as a HEB on the SW website continuously when we all knew they were not any more.

6. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not sure I'd see it that way - it wasnt that they were not a healthy extra "any more" - they plain didnt exist! There was no such thing as an ASDA own brand wholemeal pitta available on the shelf - there WAS a brand, prominiently displayed at a very cheap price - but that was by "The Flat Bread Co" - entirely different and unrelated to the ASDA brand.

There may well be changes now that they have "returned" - I will react to that when SW do and update their website.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.