Extra Easy Days Asda shop

Lucy J

Silver Member
I'm getting all prepared for Monday to start SW and doing my Asda online shop. Any ideas if people who shop at Asda would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Packets of pasta n sauce and savoury rice...mug shots...the cottage cheese with chives is lovely :)....alpen light bars (2 for healthy extra b) 400g loaf of wholemeal bread....the quorn low fat frozen sausages are free :) plus the asda meat free burgers are I think 1.5 syns each and they are lovely :)

The mugshots are 50p in there at the moment and handy to have in to take to work for emergency lunches! Also Hellman extra light mayo is £1 right now, 1/2 syn a tablespoon.

The muller light in there are 10 for £4 which is a good deal, someone posted about lettuce, spring onions and stuff being 50p too so stock up on salad bits!

Well Asda shop has been ordered for Monday which is my day I am starting SW :). I have my week set out ready and looking forward to making some new dishes( Pulled pork, SW quiche and scones). Feeling really positive!!!!!!!

Well Asda shop has been ordered for Monday which is my day I am starting SW :). I have my week set out ready and looking forward to making some new dishes( Pulled pork, SW quiche and scones). Feeling really positive!!!!!!!
Ooh pulled pork is gorgeous I had it last night. I really like planning my meals for the week then I know what I'm doing and of course the food shopping is easier :) x

Anybody have the pulled pork recipe? Sounds lush!

just use a hand of pork or shoulder (fat removed) low and slow till it falls apart. then for bbq sauce: 330ml diet coke, 1/2 tsp bbq seasoning (free), pinch of chili powder, small chopped onion and garlic and 300ml of passata cooked down.

just use a hand of pork or shoulder (fat removed) low and slow till it falls apart. then for bbq sauce: 330ml diet coke, 1/2 tsp bbq seasoning (free), pinch of chili powder, small chopped onion and garlic and 300ml of passata cooked down.

The BBQ sauce sounds yummy will be trying that, do you your pork in a slow cooker?

Ooh pulled pork is gorgeous I had it last night. I really like planning my meals for the week then I know what I'm doing and of course the food shopping is easier :) x

I think planning is key as your less likely to stray of plan :)

Planning is deffo the key!

I know it might sound very mundane but I plan a weeks worth of meals and then stick to that for an entire month. I'm not able to work right now and being on sickness benefits is such a struggle money wise so planning ahead helps heap loads. I've managed to get the shopping down to just £120 a month for 2 with excessive planning! The only problem is, by the time the 3rd week comes around of eating the same meals it gets very boring lol!

Planning is deffo the key!

I know it might sound very mundane but I plan a weeks worth of meals and then stick to that for an entire month. I'm not able to work right now and being on sickness benefits is such a struggle money wise so planning ahead helps heap loads. I've managed to get the shopping down to just £120 a month for 2 with excessive planning! The only problem is, by the time the 3rd week comes around of eating the same meals it gets very boring lol!

Completely understand I am my fella's carer and we are both students so we have no choice but to budget, I will have to have a look a your food diary to get some ideas!!!! xxx

Here's a link to my diary hun. It's hidden in the members only section on Minimins so quite difficult to find lol! There's a lot of chatter on mine though so i'll just post a quick draft of this months food plan :) these are only main meals though as I buy my fruit and veg from a local shop and I spend about an extra £40 a month on that..

BBQ chicken with SW chips and green beans.
SW carbonara.
WW lasagne ready meal with veg.
BBQ pork with rice and veg.
Lemon and garlic chicken with chips and salad.

If you like I can give you my shopping list and recipes if any of it interests you x

link to my diary hun. It's hidden in the members only section on Minimins so quite difficult to find lol! There's a lot of chatter on mine though so i'll just post a quick draft of this months food plan :) these are only main meals though as I buy my fruit and veg from a local shop and I spend about an extra £40 a month on that..

BBQ chicken with SW chips and green beans.
SW carbonara.
WW lasagne ready meal with veg.
BBQ pork with rice and veg.
Lemon and garlic chicken with chips and salad.

If you like I can give you my shopping list and recipes if any of it interests you x

Love lemon chicken,not got my 50 posts yet so cannot access things yet
:rolleyes:, but yes would be good to look at your shopping list. Cheers for accepting FB request!!! x

Slimming Worldy things..

1x ASDA Chosen by You Grated Hard Cheese - £1.18
2x ASDA Freshly Frozen Sliced Green Beans - £1.60
4x ASDA Fresh Milk 1% Fat - £4.00
1x ASDA Mild Chilli Powder - £0.80
2x ASDA Pork Steaks - £4.00
2x ASDA Smartprice Cheddar Grated - £4.24
3x ASDA Smartprice Chicken Breast Fillets - £11.97
10x ASDA SmartPrice Cooking Bacon - £8.10 (Don't even ask.. Craig is a bacon lover)
1x ASDA Smartprice Long Grain Rice - £0.40
2x ASDA Smartprice Mushrooms - £2.98
1x ASDA Smartprice Onions - £0.98
2x ASDA Smartprice Passata - £0.58
1x ASDA Sweetener - £1.00
2x ASDA White Potatoes - £4.00
1x Colmans Mustard Powder - £1.34
2x Dorot Crushed Garlic - £2.00
1x Laughing Cow Cheese Spread Triangles Extra Light - £1.24
2x Quark Quark - £1.88
1x Total Fat Free Greek Yogurt - £1.00

BBQ chicken with SW chips and green beans (free)

I'm intending on cooking 2 of the chicken breasts in this bbq sauce recipe, make some SW chips and use half a bag of green beans.

SW Carbonara. (hXa or 5 syns)

Fry off the bacon (lean) with mushrooms whilst pasta is cooking. Once pasta has cooked, drain the pasta and put it in the frying pan with the bacon and mushrooms and keep off the heat. On top, add your hXa hard cheese (30g), some black pepper and salt and half a tub of Quark. Mixing thoroughly OFF the heat. One mixed, put back on the heat for around a minute, no longer else the quark will separate. Then serve.

BBQ pork with rice and veg. (free)

Intend on making the pork the same way as the chicken but having rice and veg with it :)

Lemon and garlic chicken with chips and salad. (free)

Defrost 2 chicken breast and dice. Fry off the chicken in a pan with diced and peeled fresh lemon or lemon juice and 4 cloves of garlic until all cooked. Make SW chips and salad :)

There's going to be a few ingredients on there that I've missed off on my shopping list because I already have them or going to buy them from the local veg shop but I hope this helps a little bit, if not just ask :D

Back