Asda wholemeal pitta bread

I know this might be a daft question but I'm new to this so please forgive me... would I be able to have two breads if I classed them both as HEXB? or can you not have two of the same things for HEX's?

you can totally spend both hex on one item cazie. i often used to do a double meat option for green days or for extra bread. Enjoy!

Thanks Karen, I was just getting a bit confused. I also think my list is a bit out of date, cos it says I have can bread but not pitta breads.

I think it's only the wholegrain pittas we can have as a HEX, but it's in the book I got when I joined. Is yours this years book?

No I haven't got any books, printed the diet from a dodgy website but the diet's from 2007 and after looking on here I have realised that a lot of the Syned food is now either less Syn's or HEX's. I could do with having a book, where do I get one from and what is it called? Also, are they expensive? x

Went to my local Asda today and they had lots so stocked up in case they disappear again! I have missed my pitta-pizza :)

The optimising book you get when you join SW as part of your starter pack, you can buy them off Ebay, but they are rediculously expensive, to the point it would be cheaper to actually go to class.

my consultant said today that the asda pittas have been sourced else where and they may not be a healthy extra :| so be warned!

The only wholemeal pitta breads I have found in Asda (I've been to three whilst out on my travels) are ones made by the 'flat bread co' are these the ones everyone is on about and if not, how many Syns do you think they would have?

i love pitta breads, shame we can't get Asda ones out here the fresh ones are like 20 syns each!

The only wholemeal pitta breads I have found in Asda (I've been to three whilst out on my travels) are ones made by the 'flat bread co' are these the ones everyone is on about and if not, how many Syns do you think they would have?

The HEXb ones were just Asda's own- the official line is that glass was found in a pack and they recalled all left on the shelves. Looks like they have found a new supplier, but sounds unlikely that they can be counted as a HEXb! Does anyone know the nutritional info (ie fibre content and calories)? I can compare it to my remaining Asda HEXb version in my freezer!!X

ive been buying the flat bread co ones as well so hope they are the ones everyone is talking about too.

Thanks for your reply Funcurls :) I didn't buy them because I wasn't sure so I've got nothing to compare, but perhaps Karen or Fattynomore would be kind enough to post the info?

I bought some wholemeal pittas from Morrisons.. just in case anyone has troube finding them at Adsa:D

Oops just realised they are not a hexb..darn...oh well

Flat Bread Co pittas. they are 60g per pitta and the nutritional values are:

per 100g
kcals 239
protein9.1
carbs 46.4 (of which sugars) 1.6
fat 1.9 (of which saturates) 0.3
fibre 4.6
sodium 0.4
salt 1.0

Can anyone tell me why morrisons pittas aren't classed as a HEXB?

The details are as follows per 100g

Calories 236
Protein 8.7
fat 1.4
carbs 47.1
fibre 5.4
sodium 0.3

Which doesn't seem that different to the asda ones:confused:

Back