atkins again lol..need my back pain to go away x

stickynicki

hia did atkins for a couple of weeks but it wasnt coming off fast so i stop and the weight came back on ,i suffer with terrible backache and sciatica so my doctors says i need to lose aload of weight,just asking is there anyone on here that suffers the same and will losing the weight help with my back as iam losing the will to live x:cry:

20 years ago I broke my back in a horse-riding accident, I was fortunate enough not to sever my spinal cord but the damage was still sufficient that I spent 6 months in traction and then over a year in a wheelchair before I could walk again. I put on a lot of weight during my hospitalisation and then for years afterwards was in a lot of pain that meant I did no exercise and I used that as the excuse not to lose the weight. For over 12 years I was constantly on pain-killers and many days I couldn't even walk upright. I tried over and over to diet but because I was wheelchair-bound I was using so little energy that calorie-controlled diets only worked if I ate less than 600 a day and, frankly, my life was too miserable already at that time for me to give up one of my only pleasures. Then I lost the weight via Atkins (obviously it was somewhat harder than that 7 word sentence suggests LOL). As the weight dropped off, the pain in my back eased exponentially. By the time I was a normal BMI I was not only almost completely painfree but I was swimming daily (best exercise if you have a weak back) and even doing the odd gym session. Five years on I still swim every day, I do body pump three times a week and I train with weights. This year, for the first time, I did a fun run and, okay, my back ached a bit for a couple of days afterwards but it was great and worth it and considering at the time of the accident I was told I'd never walk again I consider even a slow time in a fun run to be my personal equivalent of winning an olympic medal. None of this would be possible without the weight loss and I honestly don't believe the weight loss could have been possible in any other way than Atkins.

Wow great story!

I would also recommend atkins - it's a really good diet when need to lose weight but difficult to exercise! One (nice) warning though - once you get your energy boost (about week two) and the weight starts coming off you may find you have energy you "need" to burn:D. I now "have" to dance almost everyday, my sciatica has disappeared and generally my back sooo much better.

Good luck and here's to healthier body:)

thank you

thank you am realy gonna try and stick to it i just need to keep reading lots of the books ,i guess am kinda scared of doing the diet wrong.:family2:

Back