Aussie Slimming World Foods - syns, free etc

Love this thread. I'm going to oz for a month in June and I'm quite scared about being away from the food I'm used to for that long. We're staying in apartments most of the time so I should be able to completely control 1-2 meals a day.

Are there any more free yogurts that you're aware of?

Hi I am new to this site and have just started The Slimming World Program. Thought this info might be helpful to those who live in Oz. :)

Pauls Low Fat Vanilla Custard 100g = 4 syns
Kraft Easy Cheese light per 20g = 1/2 syn
Cabury Drinking Choc per 15g = 1/2 syn
Alpen Blend drinking Choc per 15g = 1/2 syn
Continental Cheese Sauce (dried) 40g pk = 9 and 1/2 syns (serves 4)

Hello All
and thanks for all the info which is great for a total newbie like me.
I noticed a thread on baked beans but cant seem to find it again. Has anyone worked out if baked beans in sauce are free or syned here in Aus and which are the best ones to buy? I am just starting on EE and am getting myself confused as all info I have is from UK.
Many many thanks
Jann

Hi Jann

The Coles baked beans in the red tin are free along with the SPC and Heinz Chilli beans.

If you are on Facebook would recommend you join the Slimming World Australia closed group, lots of help and info on there !!!

:)

How can I join the Slimming World Australia closed group on FB?
Also does anyone know of an alternative to Frylight that we can buy over here?

Hi all,
I am just about to join SW online. Live in Perth and can't seem to find the FB page either?
Good luck everyone! Lets keep this post going! x

Great that there are some people in Oz doing SW, we are moving out there in September and I want to keep it up. I wish SW would start in Oz.

Where about's are you moving to ?

I know it would be great if they did start it over here. It is do able in Oz , just that you can't get many of the ambient free foods which are available in the UK.

Hi
I m in Perth too and love having discovered this site, just dusted of my SW recipe books and have discovered a newsagent that sells the magazine, but felt like I was floundering a bit. It s good to know where i can find some support from people who know what i m talking about! Are heinz baked beans still free here? i hope so. :)

Hi
I m in Perth too and love having discovered this site, just dusted of my SW recipe books and have discovered a newsagent that sells the magazine, but felt like I was floundering a bit. It s good to know where i can find some support from people who know what i m talking about! Are heinz baked beans still free here? i hope so. :)

Sorry Rach Heinz baked beans aren't free here - Coles own brand in the red tin are though. You can also buy the SW magazine on iTunes $4.49 a bit cheaper than the newsagents !!!

Hi everyone, I'm new on here, in Central QLD - it's years since I did SW in the UK but am now intending to try it again here! Re the Coles own brand baked beans in tomato sauce (in the red tin), I just put them through the Syns calculator online and they came out as 3 Syns per 425g can on an EE day, not free - am I doing something wrong? Per 100g I have 93 calories, protein 4.9g, fat 0.5g and carbs 14.2g. If someone could please double check that for me I'd appreciate it!
Thanks in advance, looking forward to getting to know you all better - I have requested entry to the Facebook group...
Alison.

Hi everyone, I'm new on here, in Central QLD - it's years since I did SW in the UK but am now intending to try it again here! Re the Coles own brand baked beans in tomato sauce (in the red tin), I just put them through the Syns calculator online and they came out as 3 Syns per 425g can on an EE day, not free - am I doing something wrong? Per 100g I have 93 calories, protein 4.9g, fat 0.5g and carbs 14.2g. If someone could please double check that for me I'd appreciate it!
Thanks in advance, looking forward to getting to know you all better - I have requested entry to the Facebook group...
Alison.

Hi Alison

You might want to put a shout out on the Facebook page about using the Syns calculator online. The info about the beans came from there so hopefully somebody will be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck on your SW journey :jelous::jelous:

Oh and by the way, where abouts are you in Central Queensland ?

Hi Njay, thanks for the fast response! I'm in Gladstone. I think the Facebook group is closed, isn't it? So I have to wait until I'm accepted by somebody or something? I'm not sure, I very rarely use FB as I hate the lack of privacy so I don't know all the ins and outs of it! Thanks for the good luck, I'm definitely going to need it at this rate - I was intending to use my syns for wine, not baked beans lol...

I know what you mean about FB and your privacy but you're ok it is a closed group. I am sure somebody will accept your request soon. I do have a recipe for baked beans which are sun free if you get that desparate LOL. I save my syns for wine - it's what has kept me going over the last 18 months. I'm in Hervey Bay, was hoping that at last there was somebody in my area doing SW :(

Sorry, seems I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time lately lol. Thanks for the recipe idea, I was trying to avoid having to cook quite so much as I have been doing on WW but it may yet come to that - just so long as I'm not so darned hungry all the time like I am on WW! Heinz beans on a jacket potato was always a quick and easy standby for me on SW - same as pasta in sauce and savoury rice. I can see I'm going to have quite a few issues here, so one day at a time it is - day one is tomorrow, bring it on!

LOL you'll be fine, some of the Continental pasta and sauces are free as well as others. One thing I never am is hungry - that's why I love SW :)

Thanks again Njay, that's just the sort of info I need - if there'd been a SW meeting here somewhere I would never have resorted to WW again, it's so nice to actually eat protein without worrying about the quantities! Enjoying my first day back so far...

Well done :0icanfly:, once you get your head round what is and isn't free over here you will find it easy to follow.

For those who follow the green plan, saw Linda Mcartney vegetarian sausages etc in Woolies today on the Gold Coast, also heaps of Quark products.

Back