Australia

I just use the extra light olive oil, it's in an aerosol can, do u not use it?
I normally use one by Pure Vita, Canola, it says it's 31 cals per 5g, not sure if it's Coles or Aldi, I normally only use it for SW chips, not that often as i normally do red days, and i grill everything.but if i have a fried egg, i use oil and syn it

Anyone know how many syns in an Uncle Toby's fruit roll up? Also what about those LCM's?

Morning All :)
Some good news and bad news !!

My Nannar passed away on saturday evening uk time, got a call from my aunty yesterday morning so im still feeling a little shocked, keep going up and down with my emotions, as i was really close to her....:-(

and the Good news is i had my WI this morning and have lost 3.8lbs !!
so im feeling happy after losing only .4 last week :)

Morning All :)
Some good news and bad news !!

My Nannar passed away on saturday evening uk time, got a call from my aunty yesterday morning so im still feeling a little shocked, keep going up and down with my emotions, as i was really close to her....:-(

and the Good news is i had my WI this morning and have lost 3.8lbs !!
so im feeling happy after losing only .4 last week :)

So sorry to hear about your Nanna, hope you are doing ok, not easy being so far away from your loved ones at times like this :bighug:

Well done with your weight loss this week, fantastic result !!!! Wish I could say the same, only 1lb lost this week, bummer as I have been soooo good and really stuck to plan.

So sorry to hear about your Nanna, hope you are doing ok, not easy being so far away from your loved ones at times like this :bighug:

Well done with your weight loss this week, fantastic result !!!! Wish I could say the same, only 1lb lost this week, bummer as I have been soooo good and really stuck to plan.

Thankyou, yes it is hard being so far away :-(

Thankyou, i was really surprised mostly because i did loads of green days ( to shake things up a bit ) and normally i do Red days, and i ate Sw chips, well the size of mine were scallops lol and jacket potatoes and i was full up, so maybe i'll stick i few more days of green in and see how i go this week, and Well Done on your 1lb, any loss is good :)

kelb said:
Thankyou, yes it is hard being so far away :-(

Thankyou, i was really surprised mostly because i did loads of green days ( to shake things up a bit ) and normally i do Red days, and i ate Sw chips, well the size of mine were scallops lol and jacket potatoes and i was full up, so maybe i'll stick i few more days of green in and see how i go this week, and Well Done on your 1lb, any loss is good :)

Mmmmm, maybe I need to throw in a couple of red days as I did green all week. Good luck for this week :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Anyone know if there is an Oz version of Pasta n Sauce that's free on green in the UK?? Want to bung it in my quiche!

Mmmmm, maybe I need to throw in a couple of red days as I did green all week. Good luck for this week :)

Haha, that's was my thinking with the green days, as i didn't lose much on just red only the first week. So im mixing my days this week, im gonna do red/green/red/green etc and see how i go lol..Good Luck !!

A family friend in UK is doing Slimming World and doing well so I'm thinking of giving it a try.
Will sign up for the 3 months online if I do, but would like some input from people in Oz before I commit to quite a large sum of money.
What is green, red and EE? I realise they are sort of menus, but whats the difference.
Do you have to do a certain number each week or can you stick to one you prefer?

Hi Helen,

I'm quite new too (almost two weeks) and trying to learn what the Oz versions of some SW foods are and whether we can get them here. I think it's worth giving it a try. I have to say I don't feel hungry, which is a big plus!
Probably ppl more experienced with this can answer your question.
I am still trying to get my head around the various menus but for now I am using EE which is great. On this program a lot of food is free e.g lean protein, fruit and vegies so you don't need to count stuff all the time. Counting everything just does my head in and I won't persist with anything where i have to count every morsel as that's too boring for words.
Good luck if you decide to go ahead.

A family friend in UK is doing Slimming World and doing well so I'm thinking of giving it a try.
Will sign up for the 3 months online if I do, but would like some input from people in Oz before I commit to quite a large sum of money.
What is green, red and EE? I realise they are sort of menus, but whats the difference.
Do you have to do a certain number each week or can you stick to one you prefer?

Hi Helen and Teaflower
I'm fairly new to the forum, been doing SW for 3 weeks, had done it previously in the UK and found it really easy to follow, as Teaflower said, no counting :0). It's slightly harder doing it here as a lot of the branded foods aren't available but it still is a very easy way to eat and does give results.

You can do whatever days you like, ie all red, all green, all EE or mix them up. I tend to do mainly green as I'm not a big meat eater but am trying to throw in a few red days to try and shake things up a bit as the body does get used to certain foods quickly.

You'll find lots great tips, recipes and help on here if you do decide to go with SW. I haven't signed up online yet, was thinking about it but so far haven't really needed to, just used my old books and downloaded the SW magazine.

Good luck !

A brief summary -

Red - mainly lean protein, unlimited amounts
Green - mainly carbs, also unlimited amounts
Extra Easy - unlimited amounts of carbs and protein but each meal must have a third of free veg on the plate

All plans encourage eating LOADS of free veg/fruit.

All plans allow/encourage you to eat a certain amount milk/cheese etc - Healthy Extra A
All plans allow/encourage you to eat a certain amount of bread/cereal etc - Healthy Extra B

All plans allow you to have between 5 and 15 syns a day - an example of syns - small bag of popcorn 2.5 syns, cereal bars e.g. special k, around 4.5 syns etc etc

Hope that makes things a little bit clearer...

Back