Australia

2lbs off this week, 10 in total! No feelings of elation this week, ODD.COM?!

Got the bulla cottage cheese, not sure what I'll do with it yet, I've the 20th nov to think about it (expiry date) does it melt nicely?

hi guys, i am hopefully moving in the next 6-8 weeks as soon as my nursing reg comes throught. started back at slimming world this week ( doing it myself from Home). hopefully you'll have some tips for me for when i move over.

was reading bout your beans dilema are you putting beans as free food(green) when entering it in the calculator? just a thought.
Rachel x

Hi guys!! DH and I are going to Perth for 3 months in Dec and I want to continue SW there. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with HEBs. Like what kind of cereals, bread, crispbreads, cereal bars etc can we have in Oz??! I know online in the latest healthy extras drop down box there are some HEXs with Aus/NZ beside them to indicate a local brand but I'm not an online member anymore :(
I'd be so grateful if anyone can let me know what HEBs to have! I'll rejoin online if I have to but I thought I'd ask you guys first.

Thanks so much!

Well cheese is cheese, so if it says cheddar, then we've cheddar here etc, we also have babybel n stuff too! I have muesli or bread for my heb and I just measure it the same as it says in the book, we have all bran, special k etc here too, so you'll be fine! I don't do the cereal bar thing as a healthy extra so can't advise on that one, sorry! Good luck with the big move! We've been here 21 months now and it's been great so far!!! You moving here permanently?

Whoops just saw the three month thing, that's a very short time?!

Thanks Jen! We go every winter for 2-3 months. DH is Aussie so its a second home for me. Thanks so much for the info!

Wow its alright for some lol What do you both do jobwise to be able to be so flexible?! lol

I'm in the same boat, 6 months here, 6 in Ireland...although heading back next week into the winter boo! Me and hubby own a IT Consultancy business so been lucky to travel everywhere - looking forward to coming back, although I would probably choose Perth next time (sorry to hijack lol) xx

Wow lucky sods, teaching sucks lol

My mum teaches secondary school English and loves her job but hates the way education is going...too many rules, paperwork and unruly kids and not enough time to deal with the kids that genuinely want to learn. Plus although she knows education has to move with the times, but submitting homework online is a bit much for her lol as she feels it will be online classes next :) xx

Oh just realised, how about things like cracker breads?! I know arnott's vita weat cracker breads are \HEXs but how much?? Thanks!

Hi All :) I moved to Melbourne in May with my boyfriend. I joined Slimming World last December and had lost 13 lbs when I finished in March to travel. I've pretty much managed to keep it off bar a few sneaky pounds! I really want to get back into Slimming World. It's hard though as we're house sharing with his two friends until December. One of us tends to cook for all of us and we share the food shopping. Which means lots of unhealthy meals and food! I've found it hard like you guys trying to find those low syn/syn free foods that you can always rely on. I've got my old slimming books and I'm going to join the website in January once we have our own place and I can control the shopping a bit more. I've joined a gym as well and have been doing yoga once a week which I really enjoy - had never done it before! I've got a programme that I'm supposed to do too but I find motivation really hard sometimes!!

I'd like to lose a stone and then see how I feel. Maybe lose a bit more. I want to lose a little bit at least before Christmas as I'm going home for 3 weeks.

Are all flavours of the forme yogurts syn free? Same with the nestle ones. Forme ones are on offer in Coles at the minute - they are here anyway not sure if it varies across Australia! I'm making the super speed soup tonight and going to make sure I eat it for lunch so hopefully that will kick start me a bit. Also going to go to the gym tonight! Anyway just wanted to say hello :) xx

Hello Jade and welcome! I'm on my phone at the mo so not going to be able to write much, but as far as I'm aware all of the yellow and green packaged yogs are free, though the fill you up ones, not sure of their name, might not be! I've been using the online plan for a month now and have lost 10lbs, it's been great to start syning stuff as opposed to just guessing!!!

Anyhoo, just sorting dinner here so will leave it at that for now, but once again welcome!!! :eek:)

No idea where that face came from haha

Thanks Jen! That's ok then, think I'm eating the syn free yogs! Made the super speed soup last night and had some for lunch today. Delish! My boyfriend and his friends ate it too and all enjoyed it. Yeah I'm looking forward to getting online and doing it properly, might join earlier. Thanks :D

My weigh in is in the morning, let's hope I'm still woo'ing then! EEK

Back