Australia

Hi all wanted to introduce myself, I'm Anna, moved back to Sydney from Manchester a year ago, am currently 30wks pregnant but need to slow down the gain a bit, plus get back into the swing of sw for when bubs arrives in March!

Hi Anna :welcome:
Welcome to our merry thread. Welcome back to Australia - are you originally from australia or is it that you have been before? And Congratulations on yr pregnancy - is it your 1st? Sorry, so many questions, am a bit nosey!!!

There's a good bunch on here - really helpful and friendly, with some useful info and tips as not everything is the same here as in the UK (like having to syn the baked beans and which yogurts are free (Forme and the yellow nestle one)) But feel free to ask us anything.

Welcome again and best of luck

Val xxx

Yes welcome Anna!

Well everyone, 1 pound off this week, absolutely gutted as I worked so hard going to the gym 5 days this week, almost feel like I must be retaining fluid or something, ANNOYING.COM! 3.5 pounds from target, HURRY UP! I WANTED TO REACH TARGET BEFORE GOING BACK TO WORK HAHA

Thanks guys! I'm an Aussie who lived in the uk for 16 yrs now back in Sydney, this is my second bub. How great is this summer weather we finally have??

Hey Anna, welcome to the thread!! I'm in Sydney too :) good luck with getting back on the SW wagon, everyone on here is really supportive, it's really helping my determination at the moment!
Jen I feel your pain, I've been in exactly the same position before, upped my exercise and decreased my loss, however mine always shows the week after so fingers crossed it'll show for you next week. If you think it's water retention be sure to drink loads of water, it really does help!
On a positive note, I went out last night and only drank soda water, no alcohol to syn this morning, not craving naughty foods today and a clear head to make the most of my day off - remind me why I drink alcohol at all!!

Hey Anna, welcome to the thread!! I'm in Sydney too :) good luck with getting back on the SW wagon, everyone on here is really supportive, it's really helping my determination at the moment!
Jen I feel your pain, I've been in exactly the same position before, upped my exercise and decreased my loss, however mine always shows the week after so fingers crossed it'll show for you next week. If you think it's water retention be sure to drink loads of water, it really does help!
On a positive note, I went out last night and only drank soda water, no alcohol to syn this morning, not craving naughty foods today and a clear head to make the most of my day off - remind me why I drink alcohol at all!!

Good girl yourself! I heard of this, tell me what you think - start with 105 syns for the whole week, as opposed to 15 daily, and work your way down, using some of the syns for bigger things etc. Weird?

I'm gonna go to the gym today then we're off on hols tomorrow, so won't be back at the gym til thurs, fingers crossed for a better loss next week. I'm also challenging myself not to go near the scales this whole week, til saturday, which will be hard for me as I'm never off them haha

Oh and I'm going to try and stick to SW 100% during this hol, so I'm gonna sit later and plan foods to bring to keep it simple, here's hoping it works lol

Hi Everyone
I'm Nikki, just signed up to the forum. Another 'pom' living in Oz and desperately in need of losing the weight I have gained since we moved here. I did Slimming World successfully in the UK and am hoping it will work for me again. I have been doing it for 6 days and so far so good, but any support, help, tips and syn / free food advice would be most welcome.

Hi Everyone
I'm Nikki, just signed up to the forum. Another 'pom' living in Oz and desperately in need of losing the weight I have gained since we moved here. I did Slimming World successfully in the UK and am hoping it will work for me again. I have been doing it for 6 days and so far so good, but any support, help, tips and syn / free food advice would be most welcome.

Welcome NJay, where in Queensland are you? Have you actually signed up to SW online, because in my opinion, you can't do it without it! Been doing it since October and have really educated myself with the Aussie food, which I otherwise couldn't have done without online!

I was thinking of this idea people, why don't we start a list, maybe a thread that is JUST A LIST of Aussie foods and their syn values on Red/Green and EE? Then when someone makes a discovery they cut and paste the list and add to it, so each post is the same list, only getting longer! If u get me? I'll start it off and show you what I mean... (let's hope this works!)

Hi Jenni, I'm in Hervey Bay, where are you ?

Interesting what you say about signing up to SW online - do you have to sign up for 12 months or can you do it for a shorter period ? You have done really well with your weight loss !!!

The list sounds like a great idea, I couldn't believe when I read through this thread and saw that English Recipe Heinz Baked Beans had syns.

We're in Toowoomba, not through choice, we're here because my OH transferred from the British into the Aussie Army so this is our first posting! lol I signed up to SW for 3 months at a time, first lot was 60 pounds, second lot 45 pounds, so that's me 'safe' til March, then I'm back in the UK for a wee holiday anyways! lol

Hi Jenni, I'm in Hervey Bay, where are you ?

Interesting what you say about signing up to SW online - do you have to sign up for 12 months or can you do it for a shorter period ? You have done really well with your weight loss !!!

The list sounds like a great idea, I couldn't believe when I read through this thread and saw that English Recipe Heinz Baked Beans had syns.

Hey Nikki, welcome along, how long have you been in Oz??
Jen that thread looks great, I'll be sure to add new things to it as I come across them, thanks for setting it up.
Also saw your comment about starting the week with 105 syns rather than 15 per day, have you tried this?? I'm not sure how i'd manage, I have a feeling I'd blow them all within the first couple of days and then fall off the wagon, might be worth a shot though, maybe my willpower is better than I think!
I've been so hungry all day today, not sure what's going on!! However, very pleased with myself that I've stuck to SW friendly foods all day. Tried freezing a yoghurt today with some chopped banana stirred through - it was delish, took ages to eat too!!
We're having a big thunderstorm here at the moment so can't get out to exercise do going to put my Pilates DVD on instead!
Hope you've all had a great weekend!!

I have loads to add to that other thread, just busy today, did over an hour at the gym and then food shopping for our holiday, determined to stick to plan 100% so bringing loads of fruit n veg with us lol Doing an EE day today, attempting to make a chicken parmigiana at present, not sure how it'll turn out lol

Hey Nikki, welcome along, how long have you been in Oz??
Jen that thread looks great, I'll be sure to add new things to it as I come across them, thanks for setting it up.
Also saw your comment about starting the week with 105 syns rather than 15 per day, have you tried this?? I'm not sure how i'd manage, I have a feeling I'd blow them all within the first couple of days and then fall off the wagon, might be worth a shot though, maybe my willpower is better than I think!
I've been so hungry all day today, not sure what's going on!! However, very pleased with myself that I've stuck to SW friendly foods all day. Tried freezing a yoghurt today with some chopped banana stirred through - it was delish, took ages to eat too!!
We're having a big thunderstorm here at the moment so can't get out to exercise do going to put my Pilates DVD on instead!
Hope you've all had a great weekend!!

Oh and I know what you mean about being hungry all day long, I have days like that where I eat all round me too! What kinda yog did you use? The forme is on special at Woolies this week, the big green tub, my fridge is full of them now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the banana and honey ones mmmm lol

I've just had an idea for another thread, where we post whats on special that's Slimming World Friendly! lol haha

Good for you, you'll feel great knowing that you've eaten well even on your hols!! Your dinner looked lush, I saw a good tip on here the other day about using couscous instead of breadcrumbs, haven't tried it yet but reckon it'd be lovely!
I used the vanilla nestle (yellow) yog to freeze. I make my own yoghurt usually but it was still in the maker so just bought a couple of these to tide me over!
Good idea re the bargains thread. The forme is on offer here too, I wonder if the same deals are on in Coles and woollies everywhere in the country?

Dunno chick, re the super duper markets. I tried the couscous thing once, dumb@ss here didn't soak it first, so it was crunchy as! I'd forgotten about using it though, will defo try it again though, properly! ha I'm just a crap cook though, really blooming rubbish ha

Good for you, you'll feel great knowing that you've eaten well even on your hols!! Your dinner looked lush, I saw a good tip on here the other day about using couscous instead of breadcrumbs, haven't tried it yet but reckon it'd be lovely!
I used the vanilla nestle (yellow) yog to freeze. I make my own yoghurt usually but it was still in the maker so just bought a couple of these to tide me over!
Good idea re the bargains thread. The forme is on offer here too, I wonder if the same deals are on in Coles and woollies everywhere in the country?

Back