Australia

Hello everybody and welcome Njay

Jen you are full of great ideas, I will deffo be adding to your threads :) and you made me smile about the couscous thing - that is the kind of thing I would do too!!!

Was WI today and I am dead chuffed as have lost 4.5lbs, which is my xmas weight gain and am gonna do a success express week this week as a push to move into the next stone bracket before my hols start in 10 days, never done a whole week of it before so wish me luck....

What exactly is success express then?

Its similar to ee, but its all about proportions on your plate. Basically, divide meals into 2/3 superfree, so your vegi's, fruit and eggs and 1/3 free, which is free on red or green, so your meat and pasta or potatoes, but doesn't need to include both. Any syns need to be counted at the higher syn value whereas on ee it is the lower value. All snacks should be superfree. And you get 2 of each hex.

Its supposed to give you a boost to weight loss and I have been losing and gaining the same few pounds for a couple of months now - need to get a move on as Im not getting any younger lol!

Wow go Val! 4.5lb is great! I've done ok this past week, maintained, which I'm hoping to do for another week if possible. I've now gained 11kg and am 30 wks, so about right, but just can't shake the memory of being soooo big and uncomfortable at the end last time, plus it's hubby's 40th birthday 3 wks before I'm due so want to look ok in the pics!!!

Wow Val, well done! 4.5lbs is great!!
Anna I usually use the 20 cals =1 syn rule, works for most things if I don't know the syn value

Thanks for the welcome everyone :0).

I'm feeling really pleased with myself, today is my WI day and I have managed to lose 4lbs - really happy despite making a few stuff ups, like Heinz baked beans. I did EE for my first week and think I might do it again this week as it seemed to work for me.

Jenni, I think the Supermarket Specials thread is another excellent idea - went straight out to Woolies after I read about the Forme yogurts. If any of you eat Quorn, Coles currently have 10% the entire range, and their bananas (well at least in our store) are 49c a kilo - a bit different to this time last year when it was $16 + a kilo.

Yeah -its 1/2 hour away, but have been lazy lately and going shopping at woolies. Need to get to aldi this week as they have a 4 piece picnic set with proper cutlery for $25 from wednesday. Only problem is they have KFC - will have to resist...

Ooh the picnic set sounds good!! I'm lucky that my nearest aldi is only about 10mins away, I find it pretty good for the basics. Ooh watch that KFC!! I don't really eat it, is there anything low syn that you could have as an on plan treat?

Tbh the memory of the food is way nicer than actually eating it -if I were to indulge I would be disappointed- both with the taste the stuff and with the amount of syns in it - so best overall not to bother! Will be going to aldi on saturday am -but I find I have to do a mini shop at woolies aswell for stuff like yogurt.

That's always the way isn't it! I wonder why our brains make us think that this junk tastes good!! Probably all the added sugar and salt!

On our way back from hols now, I stuck to plan 100% and will head to the gym when we get home. Very proud of myself!!!

Wow Jen - you should be proud of yourself - am proud of you too!!! Am hoping to stick to the plan when on hols too -(as far as food is concerned anyway, may indulge in the odd glass (read bottle lol) of wine!!!

I was home about half an hour, unloaded car, put dirty washing in the machine, then off to the gym for a workout, GO ME LOL Then I'd a huge dinner of actifry chips, half a tin of beans, 2 quorn sausages and a quorn burger lol

I was home about half an hour, unloaded car, put dirty washing in the machine, then off to the gym for a workout, GO ME LOL Then I'd a huge dinner of actifry chips, half a tin of beans, 2 quorn sausages and a quorn burger lol

Well done Jenni !!!

Would you recommend any actifry, have been looking but don't know anybody that has one ?

Ack yeah they are good. I got mine delivered from amazon.co.uk cos they cost nearly $200 more here!

Back