Australia

Oh balls, when I'd times like that my group leader used to ask had I eaten enough free foods, so have u?
I think so, i've been munching on pickled onions, and sliced beetroot inbetween meals, it hasn't helped that i've been using white bread, (i've sometimes had 1 slice with a boiled egg in the morning) as im still working my way through the last of my christmas shop from the freezer, so when i go shopping this week, i can start a completely new shopping list, so hopefully things will change next week ??

I think so, i've been munching on pickled onions, and sliced beetroot inbetween meals, it hasn't helped that i've been using white bread, (i've sometimes had 1 slice with a boiled egg in the morning) as im still working my way through the last of my christmas shop from the freezer, so when i go shopping this week, i can start a completely new shopping list, so hopefully things will change next week ??

Yeah, is white bread allowed at all on plan? I used the Woolies own multigrain in the brown bag. I would say you've hit the nail on the head there chick, the bread! I'm going into work today for the first to sort out my classroom, not officially back til wed but i'm going in today and tomorrow as I've so much to sort! Looking forward to getting back into a routine though, makes it so much easier to follow the plan. I even managed the gym this morning and despite being my first 'crack of dawn' workout since November, I burnt off 450 cals, well chuffed with that!!!

Yeah, is white bread allowed at all on plan? I used the Woolies own multigrain in the brown bag. I would say you've hit the nail on the head there chick, the bread! I'm going into work today for the first to sort out my classroom, not officially back til wed but i'm going in today and tomorrow as I've so much to sort! Looking forward to getting back into a routine though, makes it so much easier to follow the plan. I even managed the gym this morning and despite being my first 'crack of dawn' workout since November, I burnt off 450 cals, well chuffed with that!!!
I don't think so, i've been using my sins for it, and yes i do normally buy either coles or woolies HB multigrain bread, but the bakery sliced was on offer $1 each on 24th dec, so i stocked my freezer, bad mistake now im thinking !! Hope the first week back isn't too bad, but like you say, it does help being back into routine, i can't wait until the kids are back, just for that purpose. im hoping i can drop off my youngest, then go for a good long walk each morning, Good on ya for doing the morning workout !! :)

Bad week for me too :0( only 1lb gone, was hoping for more, putting it down to the fact that I haven't been able to get out walking for 3 days due to the c*** weather, as I have been sticking to plan. Been doing EE might change to green this week and see how that goes.

I've done 1 EE day a week last two weeks and my WL has slowed, gonna stick to green til I'm at target...

I've done 1 EE day a week last two weeks and my WL has slowed, gonna stick to green til I'm at target...

Think I might join you there - soooo frustrating :mad:

Going to try and vary my meals as much as possible, as l do tend to keep having the same thing when I find something I really enjoy and I wonder if the body get's used to it ? At the moment it's breakfast - oats soaked overnight in banana and honey Forme yoghurt and then chop a banana over them in the morning - absolutely scrum, I need to find something else quick and easy that doesn't involve using milk from my HEA which I keep for my coffee.

Which oats do you use and what weight? Are they not really soggy?

Think I might join you there - soooo frustrating :mad:

Going to try and vary my meals as much as possible, as l do tend to keep having the same thing when I find something I really enjoy and I wonder if the body get's used to it ? At the moment it's breakfast - oats soaked overnight in banana and honey Forme yoghurt and then chop a banana over them in the morning - absolutely scrum, I need to find something else quick and easy that doesn't involve using milk from my HEA which I keep for my coffee.

Which oats do you use and what weight? Are they not really soggy?

Woolies Homebrand Rolled Oats - 35g and probably the equivalent of a 200g pot of yoghurt or four heaped dessert spoons. I don't find them soggy at all, I find them a bit like a bircher muesli, really good with a chopped banana on and very filling. Well I think so ;0)

Woolies Homebrand Rolled Oats - 35g and probably the equivalent of a 200g pot of yoghurt or four heaped dessert spoons. I don't find them soggy at all, I find them a bit like a bircher muesli, really good with a chopped banana on and very filling. Well I think so ;0)

I'll give it a go then, is this the 'magic porridge' that everyone speaks of?

Hello everyone!!
Jen put me onto this very informative website & threads..
I've just re-joined SW after a few years of being away and i'm doing it online. Hubby is also following plan :eek:)
But was wondering if you can get quark & Fromage frais here in Aus? I looked for (0%) FF in woollies this week, but couldn't find any.. It's used in so many recipes, is there an alternative if I can't find it?
Tash :eek:)

I'd like to know this too as I've been searching for a while...

Hello everyone!!
Jen put me onto this very informative website & threads..
I've just re-joined SW after a few years of being away and i'm doing it online. Hubby is also following plan :eek:)
But was wondering if you can get quark & Fromage frais here in Aus? I looked for (0%) FF in woollies this week, but couldn't find any.. It's used in so many recipes, is there an alternative if I can't find it?
Tash :eek:)

Hi Tash and welcome,

Definitely no Quark here, they do sell Fromage Frais in Coles and Woolies but only full fat. I have been using 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt in some recipes that call for Fromage Frais but I wouldn't substitute it in every recipe that asks for Fromage Frais. Bit of a hurdle I know, same as fat free cottage cheese, just can't get it, only 97% fat free.

Hi all and welcome Tash

I use the FF Greek yogurt too for Fromage Frais and for quark, but it is a bit runny.

For the Cottage cheese - I found the Bulla one had the lowest amount of fat, I had 45g and that worked out free, but if you have much more it has syns in it!! I will sit down and work out how much you can have for free later on - have to go and motivate the kids, got a pump class in 45 mins and no-one's even had breakfast! aaarrrrggghhh!

Bad week for me too :0( only 1lb gone, was hoping for more, putting it down to the fact that I haven't been able to get out walking for 3 days due to the c*** weather, as I have been sticking to plan. Been doing EE might change to green this week and see how that goes.
Well Done on losing the 1lb :)
yes im too stuck inside trying to exercise with this damn rain, and it looks like we have a full week of it !! Good Luck :)

Good Morning All
Welcome Tash, and Good Luck :)

I found this through another website, so i thought id copy and paste it for you's :
Quite a few dairies make quark. In Melbourne, health food outlets, delis, markets and other speciality food outlets would be the best bet, though I haven't found any yet. Online, I found a biodynamic 99.8% fat free quark made by BD Farm Paris Creek: Organic Choice

Mungalli Creek Dairy make low fat quark, but no mention online what % fat. Barambah Organics Quark is 9.6% fat which is too high. I also found another brand of quark at Safeway/Woolies, but it was also too high in fat.

I bought Pauls 99.8% fat free pot set natural yoghurt and Tempo skim milk continental cottage cheese, which has 0.3g fat per 100g. You can blend the cottage cheese with water, skim milk or plain yoghurt to get a consistency similar to quark. You can add aspartame to sweeten it, too.

not sure if it will help ? but that's the only thing i've managed to find about the quark

And has anyone managed to find that icky 'scan bran' stuff? I bought it years ago when I went to group and tried making cake with it, RANK, but anyways. And I've never had any good experiences with Quark, but then again I don't really cook or bake properly, so I would have no idea where to start with it!

With ref to that yog I posted about above, the Tamar Valley one, what I do with it is this - I buy my big tub of Forme banana and honey yog, I then put half of it in another empty Forme tub, I thennnnn pour half of the Tamar valley in each tub and stir it, then I have twice as much yog to do me all week and it still tastes great. I do this because I use yog instead of milk in my muesli, I also bring a wee tub, a few times a week, of yog into school. I've also tried adding the mini meringues to the yog, or crumbled over the top, and I think it works out for 10g, 2 syns for the meringues, mmmm

That sounds good, will have to give it a try. Funnily enough I was searching for scan bran, the only place I could find was on the net and it was pretty expensive, not worth it although i know it was always handy when you needed to shift a few lbs.

Back