Awful man promoting anorexia to young girls

he was vile on Big Brother and nothings really changed...

"Tong tells me that fat women are “disgusting”, and any woman over a Size Zero is “worthless”."

....all i can say to that is thank god that's his opinion as i'd hate for him to approach me in a bar to chat me up. 1 minute with him and i'd ensure his penis would end up inverted and he was sat on the floor sucking his thumb crying for the mum that never loved him!

he's a very sad individual.

He's said now that it was a hoax, brought about by a bet with a friend that he could get talked about worldwide in a short space of time using twitter (Rihanna was tweeting about how deplorable he was, so I guess he won his bet). He's now saying that managed anorexia is not possible and is mental illness, and is making a considerable donation to an anorexia charity. I wonder if he realises that making such statements, which have reached so many on Twitter and in the media, could still have had a terribly negative effect on some people. I read his tweets with fury, being a mum of 2 little girls, and knowing they'll have to deal with such ridiculous and abnormal expectations when they're older. I just hope I can give them the tools to be strong enough to feel confident in their bodies, without feeling the need to give in to such pressures.

Joke or not, he's a foolish, fame hungry, horrible little man.

It seems he's deliberatly trying to provoke people with his outlandish statements. He'll get caught out sooner or later, it seems he only has money and no friends to back him up.

Agreed, a nasty piece of work, whatever his motives. I'm a Brownie leader and it's frightening to see how girls are affected by things like this from a very young age.

Have to say, I did think it was a bit rich of Rihanna to weigh in, she's not exactly a poster girl for encouraging positive body image among young people...

what an idiot - i saw he was trending on Twitter and wondered why - i wish i had never looked.

I also felt the same way when i saw Chloe Mafia and Wagner was trending - except my eyes got burned on that occasion LOL! x

I don't really care what his reasons for doing it were he is frankly, a moron. He was a deplorable mysogynist on BB and he is still a deplorable mysogynist.

Last year I did extensive research on pro-ana on the internet for a series of papers I was writing. Over the course of the year I interviewed girls in recovery and some still in the grips of their illness they suffered from anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and EDNOS, they came from Britain, Eire, the US, Australia and Canada so all over and let me tell you these girls are vulnerable. I seriously doubt it was a hoax but even if it was it was an irresponsible and disgusting way to behave because the slightest thing can trigger someone who is lost in this mind set. Eating disorders are very serious and prevalent in our society we should be teaching young girls they are beautiful and worthwhile not reinforcing the beauty myths propagated by the media. Having spoken to wonderful girls (and some boys) who have been caught up in the disease and tangled in underground pro-ana ethos this kind of thing makes me utterly furious.

Last edited:
It's a shame doubly because if that pill is ever released he's sure gonna make alot of money still :/

i'd like to know why twitter didn't pull it!!!can they do something when stuff like that twat are being said??

It's a shame doubly because if that pill is ever released he's sure gonna make alot of money still :/
he has offended so many people i for sure wont be one of those 'fat disgusting women' buying it to help him make his fortune

i'd like to know why twitter didn't pull it!!!can they do something when stuff like that twat are being said??

I was wondering that. This isn't an issue of free speech: he's actually endangering lives. Maybe he's right and rich people can get away with whatever they want.

Wow. Pretty much admitting to rape too. Lovely.

....all i can say to that is thank god that's his opinion as i'd hate for him to approach me in a bar to chat me up. 1 minute with him and i'd ensure his penis would end up inverted and he was sat on the floor sucking his thumb crying for the mum that never loved him!

he's a very sad individual.

I like your " hands on " approach. It reminds me of a friend years ago who was approached by some demented idiot waving his penis at her. I was so shocked. I exclaimed " My goodnesds, what did you do " She replied, he will never do it again, I grabbed hold of it and nearly pulled it out of it's socket. "

what an idiot - i saw he was trending on Twitter and wondered why - i wish i had never looked.

I also felt the same way when i saw Chloe Mafia and Wagner was trending - except my eyes got burned on that occasion LOL! x

Please, pretty please, what is trending ??

I don't really care what his reasons for doing it were he is frankly, a moron. He was a deplorable mysogynist on BB and he is still a deplorable mysogynist.

Last year I did extensive research on pro-ana on the internet for a series of papers I was writing. Over the course of the year I interviewed girls in recovery and some still in the grips of their illness they suffered from anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and EDNOS, they came from Britain, Eire, the US, Australia and Canada so all over and let me tell you these girls are vulnerable. I seriously doubt it was a hoax but even if it was it was an irresponsible and disgusting way to behave because the slightest thing can trigger someone who is lost in this mind set. Eating disorders are very serious and prevalent in our society we should be teaching young girls they are beautiful and worthwhile not reinforcing the beauty myths propagated by the media. Having spoken to wonderful girls (and some boys) who have been caught up in the disease and tangled in underground pro-ana ethos this kind of thing makes me utterly furious.

Absolutely beautifully put.

My neighbour suffered from anorexia for more than 10 years. Her whole family suffered and the more-so each time she relapsed.

He has proved to the world without doubt that he is an irresponsible, moronic, idiot.

Yeesh, I just read the full interview on the journalist's site: it's even worse! He thinks it's complimentary to be compared to Hitler. I actually think he might be a bit unhinged.

http://johannhari.com/2011/01/12/kenneth-tong-the-interview

Definitely unhinged. If an animal was that deranged and a danger to the rest of his breed you would not hesitate to pput it down.

Yes, I too would like to know what "trending on Twitter" means. I know what a trend is, but I have never seen it used as a verb.

A trending topic occurs when words/phrases/names are used more than any other on Twitter. So when, for instance, Michael Jackson died, the number of people writing his name in their tweets caused "Michael Jackson" to become a trending topic. Twitter lists the top ten worldwide, and you can also specify what is trending locally, or in other areas. I assume words like "the", "and" etc, aren't counted though, otherwise it'd be a bit useless.

i had to read the article and Google him to find out who this man is!
an my honest opinion is thats about all you can expect from the sort of narcissistic vacuous freak show that would get on to big brother!!

i had to read the article and Google him to find out who this man is!
an my honest opinion is thats about all you can expect from the sort of narcissistic vacuous freak show that would get on to big brother!!

Brilliant !!!!

Back