Baby Love's Orlistat (xenical) diary. First weigh in -8lb - woooo!

Baby Love

Hello everyone :wavey:

Last week I went along to see my GP about getting some support with losing weight, and he kindly prescribed me Orlistat. I started taking it on Wednesday and so far, I really like it! A very easy plan to follow, it's making me eat three healthy meals a day, and have fruit for snacks instead of kettlechips. Feeling much healthier already :) Haven't experienced any of the scary side effects yet - am too scared to stray off the diet just incase!!!
I've also joined the gym, where I can go swimming and do exercise classes. Am going to try lots of different classes to see which ones I like. I went to aqua-aerobics last week and loved it, it was one hour long and so much fun, I couldn't stop laughing all the way through! :p The next day I was so sore! So it obviously did something!
I don't have any weighing scales at home, so will be getting weighed once a month at my GP appointment. This will be tough not knowing but means I should also get a nice weight loss each month! I think if I had a scale at home i'd be weighing myself all the time!!
Food-wise i've been eating lots of salad, steamed veggies, fish, chicken, quorn, low fat ready meals, fruit salads, cous-cous, stir-fries, cereals with semi-skimmed milk and wholemeal toast for brekkie.

I have no desire what-so-ever to break this diet - fingers crossed this continues!

BL xxx

Hey baby love - welcome to xenical!
I'm fairly new to it myself - on week 3 now, and you'd be suprised how quickly you settle into the rhythm of eating less than 5% & 15gfat per meal. luckily I have had no side effects yet but hope to keep the fear factor with me to ensure I don't slip up.
Best of luck on your journey x x x

Hi Baby Love

Welcome, and it sounds like you've got yourself completely organised. You sound very determined. It's not difficult to follow the plan at all, and it sounds like you won't have any trouble, you've got it sussed.
Good luck - and nice to meet you

hi babylove, iv only been taking xenical for 3 weeks now and so far it seems to be going ok,
welcome to the forum and you will find loads of support on here,

Hi everyone :)

Thanks for the lovely welcomes! Yes it does seem pretty easy to follow, really like that I don't have to spend ages counting up points or remembering what i've eaten so for that day - this is much easier!

I'm excited about getting weighed and seeing the results as at the moment it seems almost too good to be true!

Defo agree about the fear factor! It's keeping me from making any slips ups! :)

xxx

Hi Baby Love, and welcome.

I'm just on week 2 myself, so we can all learn together. Best of luck.

:p

Lins
X

Wanted to say welcome :)
Im new to .. onto day 7 today ...

Hi! Today is my day 7 too! Woop! Almost made it through the first week! Am off to the gym today :) xxx

Hello Baby Love. :welcome:
Ive recently started xenical, from what i can see there are a few newbies around here so yu are not alone:)
Good luck x

hey :) i'm new too, on day 5 :) im finding it easy to stick to - hope you will too :)

Good luck, Im new too been on the Xenical for 1 week and a half... recommendation dont go anywhere near mcdonalds! hee hee

Thanks for the tip! Lol! Dying to know if i've lost any weight - hope so!!! Don't have a scale at home! x

Hello everyone :)

Hope you're all ok and happy! I've officially made it through my first week! WOOP WOOP! I'm loving it so far, feeling really healthy and a little bit slimmer! We're going to buy some scales today so I can weigh myself once a week for motivation! Will report back later and hopefully i'll have had a loss! xxx

Got everything crossed for you x

Well...it's great news! I've lost 8lb in my first week! YAY! xxx

Blinkin marvellous!! Thats over half a stone gone already!!:angel09:

:happy096: Many congratulations x

OH MY GOD 8lbs !!!!!!!!!!! how Fantabulous! ... well done you :)

Back