Back again after 2 yr break

Pickles

Started back on SS today after nearly a 2 year break, I hate myself for putting the weight back on and have lost all the confidence i'd gained when I was slimmer. I'm really trying to be positive and stick to it and get my confidence back (and also stop snoring so my hubby can stop wearing ear plugs, bless him).

I've got some porridge and shakes and a couple of the soups, hope the porridge is as good as it sounds, any tips greatfully received.

Thanks

Pickles

Me too!!!

Hi Pickles

I too have started again today after almost 2 years. Know how you feel though - I feel so cross that I let myself go although I haven't put on all the weight I originally lost, the weight I have put on has made me feel so bad about myself. I really want to lose the 2 stone or so that I have put back on and can't wait to feel better about myself again. Perhaps we can keep each other going and anyone else who is struggling. Stick with it and together we can shift the weight we have put on and then some!!!!!:)

Restarter here, as well, though only a few months.

I've managed to keep my weight off, but I feel fatter now than I did when I actually first started losing weight. It's daft, because when I stopped my diet, I felt really slinky and thin.

Have either of you felt that sort of weird body image shift?

Same!

Hi Girrlscout

Yes, I know how you feel about body image. I did put on weight since stopping, but when I look back at photos of when I was at my lowest, I thought I looked quite slim and actually felt slim. However, when I look at those same photos of me at my lowest, I wasn't that slim at all. Now, I feel so fat although I'm a good few stone less than I was when I first started. It's a really wierd feeling of this so called body image. I just want to stick to it this time and get down to the weight I really should be. How much have you got to lose this time around?

Thanks, Elaine - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

I lost just under six stone the first time, have seven stone to lose this time round.

Well if it's any consolation, I've got 5 or 6 to lose too:cry:. We'll have to do it together and keep each other going. It's not going to be easy.

Hi I am back after nearly two years too and I have put all of the 10 stones I lost back then back. So ... lets get to it then. We know it works. Good luck everybody

Oh you poor thing! Stick with it again and we will just have to make sure we get rid of this weight once and for all! You did it once so you can do it again.

Back