back again, this time for good! my weight loss journey

I'm not particularly looking forward to as Chris' mum can be a little harsh sometimes shall we say :(.

Do you know what, i used to be terrified about people saying stuff about my weight in the street. Now I'd love someone to do it - because I'd say back, loud and clear, "You should be congratulating me, instead of knocking me, you [insert rude word here]. I've lost 2 stone in 2 months, I've given up smoking and drinking and I'm starting to exercise - what have you done to improve your life?" And then I'll stand there and ask for an apology :D

So maybe something along those lines (without the rude word ? lol) might work with your MiL - "give me help and support and I'm much more likely to succeed at this". What do you think? xxx

Well on boxing day she turned around and said that we needed to hurry up and have children. So I told her that wouldn't be happening until I lost some weight. Her exact words were "well only you can do the work", which of course I told her I was doing. Her reply to that was "well you want to be around to see them grow up". Seriously what sort of comment is that??? I literally can't bear to be around the woman at the moment, let alone in the small confines of a caravan with her for 2 days and nights. But, Chris doesn't see a lot of them with us living in Wales, and I remember how it felt not seeing my parents when we lived in Cheshire, so us not going isn't even an option :(

Oh good grief! She's not one of life's half glass full people, is she?

Well, look on the bright side love, it's only for a short period! :)

I'm hoping that by the time we go I'll be close to my 1 stone award (if not already got it), and if she makes any comments I'll point out the fact that I have lost weight since last time I saw her. She's got this way of talking too, going on that she has to lose weight and she hates her belly (she's a size 14 bear in mind), and it just makes me think she's having a dig at me (I'm double her size easily).

Just not hungry this morning and I'm not 100% sure whether it's because I'm subconsciously trying to repair any damage that I may have done last??

emmy your M.I.L sounds like mine she is so rude about my weight but her daughter is same as me but makes it out she is twigg lolol i just let it go over my head x x

Just not hungry this morning and I'm not 100% sure whether it's because I'm subconsciously trying to repair any damage that I may have done last??

Might be, who knows what goes on in our complicated heads LOL. Some days you're just not as hungry.

I made my usual breakfast this morning and stopped halfway through (I know, a miracle) because I realised I was full. Saved it for grazing later :)

Dinner was revolting last night, I forgot that the spice quantities were for 500g of lamb mince instead of 250g. So my dinner was very spicy and salty, not nice at all.

I locked myself away in the house last night as soon as I got back from mum's. I've had enough of living on this estate, but at the moment moving just isn't an option.

A bit of background, last year I was really close to my next door neighbour, we used to spend time with each other every day. But I found out that she'd been telling her friends about our fertility problems and I started to cut ties with her. I got close to the woman from down the street and have been for a while now, but I'm increasingly finding that unless she's getting something from me, she doesn't want to know. She doesn't take notice of my feelings and it sometimes feels like she's rubbing it in my face about how she's pregnant with her 11th (yep you read it right).

Things with me have got a bit serious as I've had some mid cycle bleeding the past two cycles (I'm getting it checked out with the Dr on the 23rd as that's when the next available appointment is). And she basically deserted me, didn't come over for days, and then when she did finally come over she started going on about how tired she was from the pregnancy.

It's just making me wonder, do I want to be lonely and have no friends on the estate while we're stuck here, or do I suck it up and just be careful what I actually say? :(

Oh hun your MIL sounds awful :( I like susies idea with or without the bad word :) cant believe what she said about being around when your little people grow up!!! she sound quiet selfish-sorry.

I am sorry you have had?are having problems with where you live hun, sounds like its really hard hun.

I do mindless eating hence a whole bar of oero the other night and no its not worth it is it, if i find out how not to do it will let you know.

take care sweetie you are doing so well.

xxxx

I think it's a real case of being careful who you trust, hun - she might have meant the gossiping kindly, but she should have kept her mouth shut on such a personal issue. And the other one sounds very selfish, not concerned about you at all!

I get very zero tolerant with friends these days, after being hurt many times - cut off two 'friends' last year because there was barely a peep out of them while I went through hell with all the bereavements - one said she didn't know what to say to me!!! Well bo**ox to that sort of 'friend'. It's stuff like this that you find out who is really worth hanging on to.

What about joining a local group - walking or a book club - and you might meet someone nice that way? Or see if there's a friend link up via Streetbank? xxx

hi hun
im like susie i watch what i say now see how you feel in the next few week love if you still feel the same try to find friends like susie said at different places some people do not think before the speak love x x

I've got the hubby on board with regards to moving house, I think he's finally realised how miserable I am here. So I've been searching and come across a gorgeous detached farmhouse for £475 a month. The only problem is that it says on the letting agent's facebook page that they don't accept pets. I'm going to phone at 9 and see how strict that rule is and if there's anything we can do to reassure the owner that our dog won't be a problem.

Weigh in in a bit, am seriously hoping that I can at the very least get my half a stone award, if not out of the 360s once and for all :D

Ooooh what did the agent say???? It sounds gorgeous - can we come and stay too?

And I'm really really glad your Oh sees the sense in moving, you will make friends anywhere you go hun, I think you're that sort of person :)

The owner won't bend on the no pets, which is totally understandable, so it's back to the drawing board I go :)

Well, I managed to do it!!! 5lb off this week and out of the 360s!!!! And I got my half stone award too. Overjoyed is a bit of an understatement :bliss:

well done emmy that is great love x x

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO Emmy - you champion, that is a fab loss!!!! :)

Well done, I am so made up for you!

And don't worry, the right house will come along soon :D

It may very well have done.

It's a bit more expensive than what we originally budgeted for I can get some extra hours to cover the difference.

It's only 2 miles away from my mum's house and literally my dream home. I can't wait to go view it tomorrow :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

hi emmy how are you today x x

Morning :D

Well, we viewed the house last night and we absolutely love it. It's so much bigger than what we've got at the moment. The kitchen is huge, the living room is the size of our kitchen and living room combined, the biggest bedroom is mahoosive and has such an amazing view (I'll add a picture when I go downstairs to my phone as it's on charge), even the smallest bedroom is about the same size as our master bedroom where we are now. Plus we get an en suite shower room with the master bedroom at the new place :D

It smelt a bit funny when we were viewing it, not damp, but pets if that makes sense? So I'm going to get a few reed diffusers and pop them strategically around the house while we get it up to scratch and rid of the smell ;)

I've got to phone in an hour and a half and let them know that the decision is yes. Excited just doesn't begin to cut it at the moment :D

358 this morning, so another 1lb gone. I really need to get out of the habit of weighing myself everyday, but I do find when I'm in a good place like I am now, it does help to keep me on track :D

Food for today -

Breakfast - strawberries, apple and yoghurt
Lunch - bolognese pasta bake (hexa)
Dinner - poached eggs on toast (hexb) with lots of mushrooms
Supper - crisps (4 syns) and a muller light milkshake (6 syns for extra hexa worth of milk)

This will be the view :D
42A6C6F8-F8A0-4E86-B3E3-42634E0CDDEE_zpsn6u4ocob.jpg

Back