back again, this time for good! my weight loss journey

I haven' tried them yet. I'm doubting our local store will actually stock them as it's only a tiny store, I've got the morrisons nume ones to try tonight, so hopefully they're nice :D

Hi Emmy here to sub :)
I think getting a bike is a fantastic idea, my Uncle works in a bike shop and most bikes are rated to carry 200-350lbs and if you go into a local bike shop they will help you pick a perfect one out. You will definitely not break it!! I admire you for getting out there!! xx

Bike shop wise round here I think we're fairly limited to halfords, which is a bit of a pain as again our local store doesn't have a massive amount of choice. I've spotted a couple of bikes by Raleigh that seem ok. If I wasn't such a shortie I'd probably go for a man's bike as they seem quite a bit cheaper, but no such luck. I think I'm just going to take the plunge and choose one tomorrow night when hubby is home :D

Just had a bowl of strawberries, banana and choc shot as I was feeling really peckish. I'm going to start cooking dinner shortly as I'm quite hungry and want to get that as soon as possible because I'm going to take full advantage of hubby being at work tonight and have a nice long soak in the bath I think :)

Tomorrow I was planning on having omlette and beans for brekkie, then making a big quiche to take a couple of slices down to mum's along with some strawberries and a banana. Or would that be overkill on the eggs?

Tomorrow I was planning on having omlette and beans for brekkie, then making a big quiche to take a couple of slices down to mum's along with some strawberries and a banana. Or would that be overkill on the eggs?

Nah, go for it, they are so filling and full of goodness :).

The bike plans sound great too, it's such good exercise and will be great for getting you round in the countryside :D You'll be moving the biking lady in your Lilyslim graph along really fast :)

I made the quiche tonight and had that instead of my fry up. Also noticed that I hadn't used my hexa, so I tried something new and mixed a hexa of philadelphia light into my beans and heated them up - was actually, oddly enough, very nice and I'll definitely be doing it again. So I'm going to save half of the quiche for lunch I think and take that to mum's with me. I'm thinking if I take big lunches then I'm hopefully less likely to pick :D

Trying to get Chris on board with us having an all inclusive holiday next year, though I'm really not sure where to go for. We want to try somewhere new and would love the luxury of going all inclusive so that we know whatever money we take is for us to spend on ourselves instead of food :)

Rough meal plan for tomorrow -

Breakfast - sausage sandwich (2 syns and hexb) and a bowl of strawberries
Lunch - quiche and beans followed by strawberries, banana and choc shot (1 syn)
Dinner - chicken, rice and salad with grated cheese on top (hexa)
Supper - popcorn (3.5 syns) and smoothie ice lolly (4 syns)

Food sounds great for tomorrow! Not had quiche in a while so you've inspired me to have it sometime this week :)
Have you thought about somewhere like Egypt? I was chatting one of the girls on here about it and she was raving about the place! said it's quite cheap to go all inclusive too. That's if you haven't been already of course! x

Food sounds great for tomorrow! Not had quiche in a while so you've inspired me to have it sometime this week :)
Have you thought about somewhere like Egypt? I was chatting one of the girls on here about it and she was raving about the place! said it's quite cheap to go all inclusive too. That's if you haven't been already of course! x

As a couple we've only been abroad to Turkey, though Chris has been a few places in Spain and the Canary Islands, whereas I've only been to Tunisia otherwise. I'd love to try Italy, Cyprus or Greece. Somewhere new to both of us. I did suggest Egypt to him but he said no (not sure why at the moment)

Paphos in Cyprus is supposed to be really nice too and there's lots of sights there to see :)

Last edited:
What a day and only myself to blame for it :( No planning whatsoever ended up in me pick, pick, picking while I was down at mum's earlier today. I think I need to start making my lunches and snacks the night before so that I can just grab and run from our fridge. That way there's no temptation to just pick at rubbish at mum's. I'm also going to ask her if I can start adding some yoghurts and extra fruit to her weekly shop to keep down there to help keep me on track. Absolutely determined not to get back into the same rut of not planning before I go there in the afternoon.

I'm still umming and aahing over getting a bike. I'm absolutely petrified of spending so much and it not getting used or like I've mentioned before - breaking it. But I do keep coming back to it time and time again, so maybe I should just go for it.

I was talking to Chris last night about holidays and he turned around and said "well hopefully we won't be able to book one" meaning that he's hoping that I get pregnant before it comes to booking a holiday. So he's not really showing too much interest at the moment. Obviously I'm hoping too that we won't be able to book one, but I keep looking to see if anywhere catches my eye ;)

Woke up feeling nice and determined this morning. And have got a food plan in place for the day so that I can take control of the day rather than not knowing what to have and making silly decisions.

Clean, clean, clean this weekend I think. We've got Chris' mum and dad coming to spend the day with us on monday so I want some sort of order to the house as I'll probably get really angry if any comments are made. And knowing his mum, there will probably be a comment made about one thing or another. Though I have to say, considering we've only been in the house 3 weeks on monday I think we've got it nicely set up :D

Absolutely starving this morning, Chris is making breakfast at the moment :bliss:

Food for today -
Breakfast - scrambled egg and mushroom on toast (hexb)
Lunch - spag bol with cheese (hexa)
Snack - strawberries, banana and choc shot (1 syn)
Dinner - lamb shank (1.5 syns), tomato, cucumber, lettuce and mayo (1 syn)
Supper - ice lolly smoothie (4 syns), oreo snack pack (5 syns)

Feeling hurt and on the verge of crying right now.

We're down at my mum's at the moment and as Jeremy Kyle finished he came up with an advert for his new show and was advertising for overweight people and even mentioned about people's weight stopping them from conceiving.

So mum pipes up that that's a load of rubbish because big women have babies all the time. Which I think was a dig at me and Chris for not having had a baby yet. So I said "well we know that my weight affects my periods so obviously it will affect us conceiving". And she jumped into a conversation about how if she was my Dr she would be getting Chris tested first of all to see if he has any viable sperm.

Then when I said the Dr doesn't want to refer us yet because of my weight as she thinks we will be turned away, mum started moaning that that was a load of rubbish and a stupid idea, despite me trying to explain that we will be referred as a couple so obviously my weight will come into question. And she was having none of it, she knows what's what
grrr.gif

She's made me feel like complete and utter rubbish now and I'm so close to just going home as I'll end up snapping at her if she makes anymore comments. It's taking every last bit of will power to not binge on a load of chocolate because I feel so rubbish :(

Don't do it!! I know it seems like it'll make you feel better right now, but you know better and you'll feel worse if you give in.
I don't know what to advise you re your Mum, but hopefully someone more helpful will help you out with that one. It's easier said than done I know, but try to ignore her and be the bigger person
*hugs*
xx

I caved and I ate rubbish. It's not made me feel better, but I don't feel as bad as expected. I didn't get my lunch in the end because I totally forgot that it was in the oven and now it's burnt to a crisp and totally inedible.

I think I'm going to go home soon, away from temptation and to try and get my thoughts/motivation together again.

I caved and I ate rubbish. It's not made me feel better, but I don't feel as bad as expected. I didn't get my lunch in the end because I totally forgot that it was in the oven and now it's burnt to a crisp and totally inedible.

I think I'm going to go home soon, away from temptation and to try and get my thoughts/motivation together again.

Hope you're feeling better now xx

Back