Back again with my tail between my legs :-(

JestersTear

Silver Member
So...here I am, back again.....

I've now put on so much weight that instead of my previous, glorious 4st weight loss, I'm now on a 1st 2lbs weight loss.
I have been going to SW class each and every week, but not doing the plan and have gained and gained.
I feel such a failure, useless and pathetic.

I went to class last night and had, for once, not gained but had stayed the same and this has been the spur to me thinking that now is the time to start again and try and get back to plan.

I am here, hoping for support and ideas.

I have been drinking coke (can't drink diet because of the artificial sweeteners), and eating crap and thinking about the plan just makes me crave all the bad stuff all the more. I'm going to try and wean myself off the crap and back to plan.

Help?

Why is your tail between your legs?
There's nothing wrong with doing it again! Least you haven't given up. I've rejoined as well.

Before SW, there was no way I was drinking diet anything! Full fat cola all the way. But after joining SW and the great invention of coke zero - it really helps. It really does taste the same. Now, when I drink full fat - I can't stand it!

Plan Plan Plan! Keep a food diary for the first few weeks and welcome back!

Good Luck! :)

Ooh Jess, well the main thing is that you're here and you want to nip this in the bud!!! Sorry to hear you've been struggling but you CAN draw a big thick line under it and move on! Firstly, don't throw criticism at yourself, words like 'Failure', 'Useless' and 'Pathetic' just make you feel even worse and are more likely to lead to negative behaviour, which is perhaps where you've slipped up! All words that show that you are self-loathing! Try turning it all around and BELIEVE that you're going to do this!! Write down ALL the reasons you wanted to do this in the first place! Then write down ALL the wonderful feelings you had when you'd lost 4 stone!! Then identify where it went wrong! Was there a particular event that triggered it? You may find it useful to take some time for yourself and read through all the books again to go back to basics, and sit in on your C's new member talk, just to go back to basics and feel that it's all new to you again. Then just try ONE 100% day! I bet you'll feel so good about it that you'll have a 100% week and then the great loss you have will spur you on to carry on!! The great news is that you know you can do it because you already have!! You have all the tools and knowledge to be successful again, it's all in your head! Post a food diary on here if you fancy it and look at other peoples' for inspiration! Good luck hun!XXXXX

Hello Jess

Think of this as re-start and look at what you want to get out of this, yes, weight loss, but to feel fitter etc.. Have you any little targets, like an eve out or going away? If not set yourself some. Ie - 7lb off, get your nails manicured and so on.

I too lost a lot of weight last year with CD, but it never stayed off and I went back to SW, lost 19lb in 12 weeks, which isn't fantastic, but its still off. Went on hols a few weeks ago and gained 10.5lb of that, looked at what I wanted from doing SW and got straight back on plan and lost 3.5lb this week.

What I am trying to say to you, is that stuff happens, but you really need to get back on plan, ditch the coke for starters and go for sugar free squashes and add sparkling water to them? Join a support group, we have one on here - From here to Eternally Slim, and get back to basics. You can get this weight off, but you do need to change how you are going about this and really want it too.

Hope that helps, hugs Nikki x

One thing, can I just mention - I *can't* drink the sugar free drinks because of the artificial sweeteners. It's not that I won't, it's that I can't. One of the reasons I went back to coke is because I got so bored of drinking water. I wish I could drink the sugar-free stuff, but it's not an option for me, it's an 'all or nothing' situation.

I am naturally a negative person, and I think what happened when I'd got to my 4 stone loss is I thought 'well all the other diets I've tried, I always pout the weight back on again' and sure enough, self-fulfilling prophecy

Ok something has triggered you to realise what you are doing isn't great. Thats step one.
Step two is to get those books out and start again, you can do this and you will do this, all you need to do it put your mind to it.
All those things you are craving, those cravings WILL pass and also is there sw alternatives so you don't feel like you are missing out?

Oh hun, you're definitely right in what you say about the self-fulfilling prophecy! Negative thinking DEFINITELY leads to negative behaviour, so I think that's where you've got to start! Think about all the positive things you did to lead to your marvellous 4 stone loss, and repeat these things! Just a thought, have you thought about going for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? It's available through some GP practices. I had a course of it after a nasty car crash when I was constantly anxious and negative about everything. What it does is provides you with the tools to reset your thinking patterns and look at things from different perspectives! It makes you challenge your current thinking. It might be worth giving it a go if you're worried about your negativity! XXXXXXXXXX

Hey Jesters!

Good for you for getting back on the wagon. I find sparkling water a good alternative to dull old ordinary water, and you could liven it up with some slices of citrus fruit and ice.

Ok, you were at a 4 stone loss, and you know what you did to get there, thats really positive, because you know you CAN do this - you just chose not to for a while. You are still in the situation where you are not back to your original weight by some considerable margin, and its great that you have chosen to turn things around now before you went back over that, and even further down the road of gain.

You dont need to be ashamed, every one of us know how easy it is to gain weight and eat stuff that isnt good for us, if we didnt, we wouldnt be here. You are amongst friends.

Now, get planning a menu, and start looking forward again!

Good to see you again Jes, hope you can get in a good frame of mind and ditch the bad stuff! Good luck, that loss will get bigger and bigger once again!

Come on girl, you can do it, we are all here to help you. Just make the decision to do it once and for all. Stop being so hard on yourself.

Drinks solution: tall glass, sparkling water, slice of lemon, orange, lime, satsuma. Ice tea, Iced coffee (a lady called Capricorn on here makes iced coffee with camp coffee and milk from her HEa for only 1/2 syn, I think something like the Nesquick powders are not so high in syns either. But if you are used to carbonated drinks I would definitely go for sparkling water with things added in for flavour.

Good luck hun.

Back