Back in the thin of it (diary)

colleenfrompa

Okay so after spending the entire evening reading up on this forum I think I am ready to give CD another try. Back in 2005 when I was a student I lost about six stone on the plan and I did really well maintaining it with other diet and exercise regimes.

As mentioned in my intro in September 2009, days after my wedding and honeymoon I because incrediably ill with headaches, loss of vision, loss of feeling in my limbs and found out I was hypothyroid. About 4 months and 4 stone later I am in the clear as far as getting my thyroid under control but I am not dealing with this weight gain well.

Feel uncomfortable, sluggish... the whole thing. I got in touch with my closest CD and giving the plan another go on Friday. She said we talk, weigh in and get me some packs. I am not sure with the new "sign by doctor" rules and if she sort that or I have to book an appointment.... and with what happens if he says no. Am I assuming that I will be purchasing packs on Friday?

Will burn that bridge on Friday I think, I haven't entered in my weight at all because I am so scared to get on the scales after seeing 50 lbs added to the numbers just after Valentines. I guess Friday night will be confirmation.

Hello and welcome! Wow, 6 stone...thats pretty impressive. Good luck with your first weigh in tomow evening. My BMI was 44 when I started, so I should have had to get doctors permission, but my CDC didn't ask me to. I know it's naughty of her, but I wasn't complaining. She started me on one of the higher plans for the first week then the second week I dropped down to SS. Not sure if thats got something to do with how she got round it? I asked if I needed doctors permission and she said she took each case individually. I have no medical problems and other than being overweight am fit and healthy, so she just said, don't worry you'll be ebelow BMI 40 before you know it.

Anyway, I'm waffling! Just wanted to aknowledge your post and wish you good luck x

Hi and thanks for the words of encouragement.

So last night met with my new CDC, went through the forms which were very extensive. She is underactive thyroid as well so I ticked that I was on thyroid meds and she was okay with that, not doctors permission needed apparently. I did put on over 3 stone since being diagnosed which was definitely a bummer for me.

She was really nice, didn't know that much about the new SS+ but said it just came out. We breezed through it all though,even if we both had to look up things. I opted for 3 packs a day even though I am 5'10, will see how I get on this week and hopefully do not cave, she said she call me during the week which is a nice.

Anyway, we spent the night comparing the old plan and the new, I picked out my packs and loaded up on briks seeing I have a 2 hour work commute in the mornings and evenings and really would need to have my brik on the way home.

Picked up a porridge to try, just one... I was never a fan of the soups so going to only try one to start :p

All and all it was a quick meeting and going to read through all the material tomorrow before I start on Monday.

Hiya, not yet saving it for the weekend. It's mainly been bricks, strawberry shakes and tried the toffee walnut.

Day One came with a lot of prep, ice in the freezer, stocked up on sparking and still water to take in to work and keep myself sipping as I was hungry. I have to admit my weekend before my Monday start day was a bit disgraceful; with curry and candy it wasn't the ideal pre-cambridge diet Sunday I wanted. Regardless I tried to approach Monday morning with an open mind and a eagerness to get started.

Aside from some tummy grumbles I did okay. Had the strawberry brick on the way in to work. Bit sweet but not too bad. The chocolate one at lunch time was much better. Drank loads of water but then had to run to the loo all day. I guess that's part of it so glad I am working somewhere with a ladies room not too far away. At home had a whizzed shake in the blender with ice.. Yum wish I could take the blender to work with me.. Heehee

Day two (today) wasn't too bad at all, bit of a headache but all and all he hunger side of things were fine. Two bricks again today. Oh!! Did pop to the GP's to find out that my thyroid is regulated which is exciting. Finally right where it needs to be. So hopefully it will allow me to get on with some weightloss.

I think I have such a sweet tooth that I am going to be more attracted to the sweet flavors, although I have one spicy tomato to give a try. Well all and all going strong :)

Last edited:
How are you getting on? Tried the porridge yet? I quite like the cinnamon/apple version :D

Good luck!

Back