Back on the wagon...again!

Canadatogo

I was on slimfast before, then did a mix of calorie counting and slimfast. All in all, last year I lost 3 stone, and now I'm back to finish my weight loss this year!

I started Jan 1st, and I'm going to try to keep on plan 100% as long as possible! (it gets harder for me with school and my 2 hour commute...)

As long as I keep positive about it I'll do well. I still can't believe the weight I've already lost! Two years ago I was 20lbs heavier than I am now, and I was that weight for a little over a year. I catch myself still thinking I'm that weight sometimes, so that's my own motivation; knowing that I can do it, even if I was in a rut, for however long.

Anyone else restarting, or taking it up for the first time, for the new year?

And what's your motivation? Does the 'new year, new start' mentality help you?

The new year new starrt mentality ALWAYS does it for me. I have a couple of weddings mid year that I'd like to get into a nice dress for.

I'm starting Slim Fast and xenical after a two year continual weight gain since Lighter life (lost 6 stone put 4 back on). I know how good it feels to be lighter and have more energy but I am a comfort eater and hoping that the strict regine of slim fast will work for me - I'm no good at "eat as much as you want etc" I take it literally!

Haha, 'eat as much as you want' or 'eat until you're full' doesn't work for me when there's an open pack of biscuits in the cupboard!

Hi, im bk on the wagon too! I lost about a stone but over the course of the yr ive turned 2 comfort eating and I have no control... a tub of ice cream cannot be divided into scoops or a bowl ful, its the whole tub! So now I feel very fat!! My motivation is I'd like to look and feel how i did, and I split up with my fella in the Summer, and I want to get out the msierable rut Ive sat in!

Hi all

I know the feeling about control over food.. those big bags of maltesers etc... eaten in one sitting! This time last year i moved home to Ireland after 15 years in the UK and started working from home. Unfortunately i got into the habit of sitting on sofa in the evening and as i got fatter i got more reluctant to go out so got depressed so ate more.. and you know the vicious cycle you can find yourself in.

So i'm determined to succeed on Slimfast but also to use it as encouragement to change old lifestyle habits otherwise the weight will just go back on.

My motivation is looking at my sister and realising i'm literally twice the woman she is and although I'm only 5 years old I feel so frumpy and old beside her so time to get young again :)

Yeh my family r all pretty trim - its depressin!
I just can't not eat ALL the food!!

I find that if I buy indvidually wrapped foods, that really helps me, because it does the portion control for me. That's a big thing for me, because half my meals are eaten on my commute to/from college.

And apart from having a brother who's absolutely obsessed with nutrition (and like, 1000% muscle!) I have two cousins, women, who are both thin, smart, and pretty, so I know where you're coming from.

Goreygirl, I did the exact same thing when I moved to Ireland! (except I was moving from Canada) I was having a really hard time for a while, and I just got into such a rut. I remember forcing myself to go out for a walk just to get myself off the couch and away from the biccies -think I might have to start doing that again!

It becomes such a viscious circle doesn't it? I've always been curvy but always hovered around the 14-16 with exercise and a modicum of self control and was happy with that but have exploded to a size 20 in the last 18 months. I've got all these gorgeous clothes just sitting there. The bizarre thing is that back then I felt big (always have done) but when i look at the size of the clothes i was wearing I can see that i was actually quite well proportioned. I don't know if it was cos I was the tallest in school when younger but I always have felt big beside others although I can see now I wasn't .. they would have been a size 12 while i was a 14 and taller.

welcome all you lovely people!! All your stories are so motivating and your all so determined!!!

Keep up all your hard work you are doing!!

Join the challenges and have fun while we ALL lose this horrid weight!!!!

Hi everyone

I was on slimfast last year before my wedding and lost loads. After the wedding I ended up putting 2.5stone back on so here I am again to lose the weight.

I also have two weddings this year and also want to go on holiday in August so want to get the weight off before then. Will keep you posted.

Welcome back!! How did you find the plan the last time?

Welcome back FF... I remember you :)

My story is I started SF in March 2008 lost 44lb got pregnant at Christmas and managed to put on 41lb with the excuse "eating for 2" I did SF 'my way' after she was born til christmas and now I'm back on SF 'everyday' for the new year.

Hi FF I remember u.. ive just jumped bk on the wagon too!!
I got bk with my ex today :-D So def wanna loose the weight again now to get bk to how i used 2 b!!
FattyMcBigbum u prob remember me 2.. but i changed my piccy lol!!

I remember you. I love SF and always do it. It suits me. It is depressing to know that I need to get all the weight off again when I lost 36lb last time. Never mind though onwards and downwards.

Back