Back to basics?

Slimoncemore

Wants to be slim!
Hi everyone,

I am a serial scale hopper...and generally I lose a pound every two days or so however...

...the last two weeks have been more of a struggle than normal and although my weigh in is Thursday am I have not lost at all yet!

The only difference I can think of is that I have had a bar every day for the last two weeks and I am not as strict drinking the water as perhaps I should be - although I have not had a period since I started the diet so I should be due one anytime now.

I don't want to lose interest as I have come a long way so do you think a week or two of 'back to basics' would help (3 shakes a day, no meal bars, no mix a mousse, loads of water)?

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this please :wave_cry:

There is no harm is laying off the bars for a week and ensuring you drink your 4 pints of water every day.

I don't recommend serial scales hopping though. Hide them and only weigh yourself once a week at your CDC's. What's the point in going through all the anguish and questioning when you are sticking to the diet and the weight is coming off.

Just relax and let the diet do the work.

I don't recommend serial scales hopping though. Hide them and only weigh yourself once a week at your CDC's. What's the point in going through all the anguish and questioning when you are sticking to the diet and the weight is coming off.

Just relax and let the diet do the work.

I know it is not good hopping on the scales but I feel the need to keep seeing that it is working - sad I know but I have failed so many times before!

I suppose this is the reason why I am panicking a little - I am so scared of failing again!

Hi

A girl in the CD group that I used to go to who had consistently low losses went "back to basics" for a week and lost an extra 2lbs - may just be coincidence but definitely worth a try I'd say.

Also as others have said, the water is really important. I think many people get tripped up on this diet by viewing the water almost as an optional "I'll drink it if I can" part of CD whereas it's as integral to the plan as having all your shakes etc. After all if we're not giving our body its minimum requirements with regard to either nutrients or fluids then we can't expect it to respond in the way we'd like i.e. a good weight loss!

Back to basic def wont hurt. I was thinking of doing the same too myself next week as my losses have slowed a bit even tho i have been strictly 100% ss drink min 4 pints a day but i do have a bar or a mix-a-mousse a day.

Also i am a serial scales hopper too and i know ppl say you shouldnt but if it works for you and helps then i dont see how it really hurts personally.

Right I'll give it a try and let you know how I go.

It is probably nearly my TOTM as well which may have some bearing - but as I am nearing menopause that can be a couple of weeks either side of the anticipated date!!

I think we get a little obsessive on this diet (probably because we forego so much to stay on it!) and not losing much or (god forbid) gaining a pound is a tragedy of the highest order!

I've just had a shock as well - the glasses I use at work for my water do not hold as much as I thought they did. They only hold a third of a litre and not half a litre so I have not been drinking nearly enough.

Oh well...onwards and upwards (or should that be downwards ;))

Back