Back to Foundation

artemis

Lil' Miss Naughty
Ive been on LL since August 1st last year, and did so well in foundation - I loved every minute of the counselling, home studies, dvds etc - I lost 3 1/2 stone and was in the strongest place ever in my head - Then it all went wrong in developers.

Ive just realised - ive been wasting time now since Nov 1st - Im the same weight and its been 4 months of hell at a cost of about £1000.

I havent been to class in 3 weeks and did have some personal difficulties, but thats no excuse. I finally called my counsellor today and she is putting me back into foundation again. I have about 2 stone to lose. Im so relieved and excited - I hate development.

I start foundation tomorrow..........again

I'm glad you're going back to where you feel you'll get the best help - best of luck for tomorrow :)

Cath

Hi Artemis - as someone who came off development myself for a while due to personal issues I know what you mean. just to say you CAN do this and you will get there. 2 stone - PIECE OF CAKE - or rather a lovely raspberry food pack!!

Good luck back on the wagon.

Good luck on foundation & getting the rest of your weight off.

I am due to finish foundation in 4 weeks and will still have another 2 stone possibly to loose by then, planning to stay abstinence for another 4 weeks but not sure I will be able to - I don't think I will be ready for management (mentally).

What was so bad about development - is th esupport not the same?

Thanks for the support. Developers didnt work for me, I didnt feel the support was as good. It seemed we spent all our time getting foodpacks and no time for counselling.

Plus it aggravated me that everyone was cheating and losing, but when I did it I gained and went straight out of ketosis.

I went to my first foundation (again :p) class yesterday and found it so refreshing, it was motivating to be in the enviornment with so many people who were excited to be one the programme and who were on a blank sheet. And so good to see the dvd's!!!

Im feeling very positive (although a little daunted too tbh)
The fact that its on the weekends is a bonus for me as I really struggle then.

So for now im on day 2 of abstinence.

i agree with most that you said ...............but the dvd's .........they were awful i thought .....good luck to you xx

I'm glad that you're happy now to be back in foundation - to be honest I don't fully understand what developers is. Do you automatically go into it after the 100 days if you still have more weight to lose and how does it differ from foundation?

Cath

Thanks Cath,
Yes after 100 days if you have more weight to lose you go into development - Its exactly the same concept - 4 packs a day, abstinient etc. but you stay on it until you get to goal weight.

The dvd's are over and you get a scrap book to continue your CBT. I just need more. I have never felt stronger mentally than when in foundation. I guess i liked the structure. For me the therapy was probably more empowering than the weightloss in some aspects.

Roll on ketosis. My stomach is gurgling a bit already.

Thanks Cath,
Yes after 100 days if you have more weight to lose you go into development - Its exactly the same concept - 4 packs a day, abstinient etc. but you stay on it until you get to goal weight.

The dvd's are over and you get a scrap book to continue your CBT. I just need more. I have never felt stronger mentally than when in foundation. I guess i liked the structure. For me the therapy was probably more empowering than the weightloss in some aspects.

Roll on ketosis. My stomach is gurgling a bit already.

You mean no more group counselling? We just weigh in and go home??

Best of luck Artemis! I read your thread with interest, as I will have much more weight to lose after foundation (21lbs in first 3 weeks - 10 stone total to lose) and I worry about my ability to cope. V interesting that I might be able to continue F, if I need to !

All the best, hang in there!

Sez I'm the same as you with a 10 stone total to lose so like yourself I'm really interested in this too.

Cath

Cheerydino, yes there is more group counselling. Though 30mins shorter.

Sez, thank you and congrats on your fabulous sucess!!

Some girls in my group were fine with developers, me and another 2 ladies werent - one went to foundation again and one to management.
But its different for everyone.

Today is day 4 of abstinence for me, I think im going into Ketosis now, which is a relief.

Well done for getting back to it so well :)

Cath

Hi Artemis,

I too am in developers stage of the programme and I am struggling with it big time. So far I have done 6 weeks and I don't think the group has been the same for the whole of those six weeks. Next week I think I am there on my own, the following week two of us and after that another 2 weeks of going solo until maybe others move on from foundation. But then, if they can't do the same day, I may have to change days, which will make thinks very difficult for me (due to work commitments). This makes for a very unstructured time and with the lack of structure in the meeting itself, I find it very unsettling.
I coped quite well with foundation, except for a wobble at Christmas and lost over 4 stone. Although I have to say that I did find some of the exercises very negative and not seemingly relevant to me. I have though have been on a constant wobble since starting development. I have talked this through with my LLC and she says that this is quite common, but I do not know how long I can continue if it's not working.
I just wonder, if this is part of the process? I just feel at this time it's not helping me, and unless something changes, either with the sessions or in my head, it's not going to.
All this said having discussed my concerns with my LLC she has never once mentioned that it may be possible to go back into foundation. Maybe that is someting I should tackle at the next meeting. Are you in foundation on the same basis?

W

Hi Wobble!
We are totally in the same boat!
I think I got luucky in that as I was having my biggest wobble it coincided with Foundation starting (for another group)

If the group had been "closed" i dont think I would have been able to get in...
But i still have 3 stone to lose as well so I think that helped too.

But its worth bringing it up I think.

Feel free to pm me if you need to hon, or add me to msn.
*hugs*

Artemis. I soooooo know what you mean. I finished foundation at the end of Jan and did development for 4 weeks and just couldn't get to grips with it. There were different people in the group every week and it was really unsettling. I decided the only solution for me was management. Ideally I would like to lose another stone but my councellor said I can do that in Managment. Since finishing foundation I have lost about 4lbs which has been a bit of a disappointment but noone said I would be cured at the end of a 100 days - if only it was that easy!

To be honest I still miss my group and the structure of foundation and would gladly go back because like you I felt really strong. Good luck with the Foundation2 and getting to where you want to be. You must be in Ketosis by now and starting to feel pretty good!

Day 11 now, had a tough day faced several triggers and have stayed strong. Im def in ketosis, but I wish it could all be over...

I keep repeating "delayed gratification" to myself. It keeps me sane. almost.

Back