Back to Foundation

Hi Artemis,

Firstly many thanks for your kind words.

Since I last posted, I have firstly spoken to a member of my foundation group who is now in management and that inspired me. My LLC is/has been aware of my concerns for sometime, and at the meeting on Sunday assured me that there will be a number of people joining the group, who will also be there for sometime, in a couple of weeks or so. That should then give an element of continuity. We are also 'revising' the foundation book, and encouraged to look at it and bring any questions back to group. And my LLC is trying to let us know in advance about the struture of the next meeting. In short, I think what I am trying to say, is that just possibly things are starting to improve.:rolleyes:

In the end, I didn't discuss going back to foundation, because of the above and I am not sure that repeating it would be of any benefit to me. As previously explained, I did find a lot of it very negative (contrary to my thoughts about myself) and not relevant to me. As I said to my LLC, yes I have a strong rebellious child, but sometimes you have to be, and that can't be negative, in truth isn't it quiet 'adult' to recognise that. But then maybe this CBT is above me and I really just don't get it. And perhaps that is it. The whole program works best for those who fit the model best and the rest, of which I include myself as one, just muddle along, and struggle or fall by the wayside.

Well, if this is the case, then let us begin to rewrite the model! This diet is too good not to work for all of us. LL just need to appreciate more that we are all not the same and more particularly I will rebel (ask any member of my group)!:D
W

Well done on getting to day 11 Artemis! Keep strong and you will do it. I know once I'd got past the first 4 weeks it got hell of a lot easier and I'd stopped obsessing about the packs and it just became a way of life. You've done it before so you know you can and it will be sooo worth it when you finish.

Wobbly - I know just what you mean - My rebellious child is the biggest pain in the ass but I guess that is just who I am, sulky demanding etc. Although my LLC said that its not a good thing to label ourselves the more we believe it the more true it becomes. So in true LL style I must correct myself and say:
Sometimes I can be demanding and sulky but thats not who I am as person. Maybe if I say it often enough it will happen ( but I am sure you can guess what the RC is saying in my head right now ---------'Whatever' I think I have a teenage RC LOL)

Hello there Artemis,

"...I said to my LLC, yes I have a strong rebellious child, but sometimes you have to be, and that can't be negative, in truth isn't it quiet 'adult' to recognise that. But then maybe this CBT is above me and I really just don't get it. And perhaps that is it. The whole program works best for those who fit the model best and the rest, of which I include myself as one, just muddle along, and struggle or fall by the wayside..."

"...Well, if this is the case, then let us begin to rewrite the model! This diet is too good not to work for all of us. LL just need to appreciate more that we are all not the same and more particularly I will rebel (ask any member of my group)!:D..."

This is precisely why LL HO need to know the views of the people who use it, so they can adapt the model to include everyone, or at least, as many people as possible.

It would be great if you could send an e-mail with your observations about the programme, and how it relates to you. Then we can all benefit!

Regards,

AJ

Thanks for the support!

Im staying in hotels - big trigger, but Ive chucked all the sweeties down the loo.

Well done. I stay away from home quite a bit and hotels with minibars are the worst with the pringles calling out to you. Just think another day done sucessfully.

Sweet down the loo! - I must remember that one.

Yeah, I left a note telling them not to leave any!!
I hate the fact that there is a free full cooked breakfast too. gah!

Worse again, im responsible for providing sweets and cookies all day for my classes (I train) and then i have to clear them up - I try to buy the ones I dont like (not that there are many)

The worst is when the students buy me stuff, I eventually have to accept it and say "I'll have it later thanks" and chuck it out.

Im on day 13 of full abstinence today - cant wait till my weigh in on saturday.

AmandaJayne I will, good idea!

I have a very strong Free Child, It very much is my personality, though I fall into RC as well :)

Back