Back to Slimming World

Erniie

Hi everybody,

Just thought I would introduce myself while I am waiting for the system I need to loads up at work haha!

I am back at SW, lost 1 st 10lb between July 2015 and Christmas, in January I stopped going to the classes as I found it all very cliquey and wasn't staying for the meetings. Eventually I decided that paying £5 a week to get weighed wasn't worth it, but having not managed to lose any weight and even putting 3 or so on, I decided to bite the bullet and go back.

The weekly ritual is good for me, and gives me something to aim for and something to answer to. Also, I think I trust the SW scales more than my £7.99 pair from Argos!! (even if they are pink)

My first weigh in is on Wednesday, realistically I would be happy with any amount of weight off! I know some people's first weeks are sometimes huge losses but they never seem to grace me, I am a slow and steady kind of girl!

I will start a diary, of some description today at some point and add a picture, so feel free to come and find me and say hello :)

I've started a diary, I will have to find the link... assume I can just copy and paste it here? I'm trying to mix up my food a little bit, I am quite bad for eating the same thing over and over! (looking at you carbonara)

Hi Erniie!

I stopped going for similar reasons, now i'm working shifts and it's hard to commit to one specific time each week. I'm going to see if I can follow the rules (what i can remember) by myself for the first week or so. I kind of need the pressure of a public weighing to keep myself on track though haha

I find i'm slow & steady too, it can get a little frustrating!

Hello,
I was also at slimming world but stopped going, I think I just got really bored with the meetings and didn't find like I was getting much from them any more!? I had lost 2st but have put on 6.5lb since leaving.
So I have bought some scales and I'm going to have my own little slimming world meetings on my own (maybe with a bit of support from the lovely ladies here?!?!) and hopefully I can get back on track! So any inspirational menus would be amazing because I always end up eating the same things over and over!

Hi Ladies :)
I think there's loads of support on here when you look for it, especially if you know the basics. I'm with you with the public pressure snufkin, but I reckon with enough support and willpower (which I have none of!) you can definitely go it alone.
Well done on losing 2 stone, you'll lose that 6.5lbs in no time when you get back on it :) Check out people's food or weight loss diaries and see what other people are eating, might spark a bit of inspiration or give you some ideas. I'm afraid I'm not sure if I'll be much use on that front, I've eaten porridge for breakfasrt every day for the past 4 months hahaha

I got to my target of nearly 7 stone in 2012 and have maintained for over 3 years I've moved house and started a new job turned 30 and I've put on 16lb I m doing something before I put more weight on. I'm doing the scanbran challenge at the moment on my fourth day tomorrow. I've made carrot cake with it and toffee cake with Nutella and I'm making an vanilla cake is in the oven.

7 stone is incredible! I've heard of the Scan Bran challenge but I've never tried scan bran... are they like ryvita? Do you have them as a healthy extra?

Back