back with my tail between my legs...

Supergirl1980

Silver Member
I used to be a member of sw and minimins a few years ago, when I lost over 9 stone to get to my target weight in the spring of 2013. I maintained this weight, or thereabouts, for a year then stopped going to group. Over the last year I have regained over 5 stone and have gone from a size 14 to a 20/22.

Enough is enough. I will not allow myself to regain the whole 9st so 2 weeks ago I rejoined sw, going to a completely new group, too ashamed to go back to my old one and needing a fresh start. In my first week back I lost 6lbs and yet tonight instead of being all fired up a and bang on plan, I scoffed a huge Easter egg. I wondered why i did this to myself and then realised that last time round, wheni felt tempted to binge, I would come on minimins and look at inspirational photos and chat to people to take my mind off it. So, here I am again, hoping to find inspiration and support as I embark on an attempt to lose the weight again.

Quite a lot has changed since I last did sw so I am sure I'll be posting lots in the next future!

Anyway, that is just a long-winded way of reintroducing myself and saying hello!

Well done for coming back! You made the biggest step in returning and I wish you all the luck :) x

Hi and welcome back. On the bright side you didn't put all your weight back on and you are now doing something about it.

I have lost a lot with WW before and put it all back on so I'm determined to get to target and then keep up going to group to keep me on track.

Well done on going back to group. You've done it before and can do it again.

I think SW (or any group) is a bit like AA - need to go forever!!

Thanks everyone.
Emsie, I remember you too - I am not sure how many other names I'll recognise though, it's been so long!

Today has been a good day so far, I am trying to keep my syns low to counteract the chocolate I fell headfirst into last night. One day at a time...

Welcome back. X

Welcome back, Supergirl and, well done for re-joining group. As Jen said, you've done it before (like so many of us) and you'll do it again. I've done it before, lost 3 stone, felt amazing, loved clothes shopping (for a change), felt much more confident and then, idiotically, put it all back on again!! At least, we know SW works very well and that Minis offers all the support and friendship we could ever need so, like Emsie said, - we can do it! And we definitely will!

Look forward to seeing your posts and, good luck! :)

Kathy x

Welcome back, nice to see you here again. That's why I love this site it is so motivating & there is so much positivity here, people have been where you are and can offer their help. Are you starting a food diary on here?

welcome back to SW Supergirl :)

you are certainly not alone, I lost 5 stone in 2011 and rejoined in Jan this year having put 2 stone of that back on. That's now gone again (woohoo) but now I have about another 4 stone to lose. Onwards and downwards!

You did it once, you can do it again! :)

Welcome back.

I have just rejoined again at 16st 5lbs & also went to another group as I was too ashamed to go the my first one!

I have been to many different slimming classes & I have never even gotten close to target weight & I am determined that this is the time I actually do it!!!

We will get there with the support of all our minimins friends I am sure of it.

Good luck

Dxxx

Welcome back.

I have just rejoined again at 16st 5lbs & also went to another group as I was too ashamed to go the my first one!

I have been to many different slimming classes & I have never even gotten close to target weight & I am determined that this is the time I actually do it!!!

We will get there with the support of all our minimins friends I am sure of it.

Good luck

Dxxx

It's so reassuring to know that I am not the only one too ashamed to go back to my old group! I know it's daft, and I am sure that it would have been fine, but I was just too embarassed that I had slipped so badly into my old ways.

This weekend had been my most testing since rejoining - my son had his 4th birthday last week and we had the whole extended family down today. 20 people! Needless to say, I wasn't going to attempt cooking for that many so we ordered Domino's, and bunged a load of breaded chicken in the oven and did a massive bowl of salad. I also cooked off some chicken drumsticks for my 2 sisters who are losing weight too. I was good and only had one slice of pizza with lots of salad. However, I also had birthday cake, and 2 aunties had baked too, so there were scones with cream and jam as well as chocolate chip cookies. I shared a scone with my hubby and only had one cookie, but I think it worked out about 40 syns for the day!

I think I might be able to stay within the 105 for the week if I have less than 7 a day until weigh in but that is going to be tough - i normally go up to the full 15syns.

I know I should really be content with a sts this week, given what I have eaten, but I would be really disappointed if I don't have a loss. Fingers crossed I can exercise some self control!

It's so hard when there are special occasions. I suppose the only way you can look at it is that, before you re-joined, you would have eaten lots more than you did today. Really, surrounded by all that lovely food, you were quite restrained. There're always going to be family occasions and we can't let how we eat impact badly on them or we'd never enjoy them. Like you say, if you cut down on your Syns from now until your WI that might be a good form of damage limitation. Whether you STS or not, the important thing will be to draw a line and move on, the SW way and just think how much you enjoyed today.

Good luck.

Kathy :) x

Welcome back. You're not alone, I did the same, lost 2 stone and then stopped going to group. Put the 2 stone back on and more besides. Not been on here since around 2012. Anyway I'm back on track and looking forward to a new healthier lifestyle.

Back