BAD NEWS...

SweetySuperstar

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been around lately. We have had bad news recently, my OH has been made redundant. I only work part time as you probably know, my monthly salary does not even cover the mortgage payment let alone bills / shopping / etc. And then of course there is the £66 a week for LL... I don't know how much longer we would be able to afford this if he doesn't get a new job soon.

I am going to talk to my manager tomorrow about the possibility of going full time temporarily (even thought that is something that I really really don't want to do...) I don't know how much difference it would make though as I don't have the best paid job in the world!

There are so so many worries in my head... on the surface we are telling ourselves, him being out of work will only be temporary God willing... but deep down I have a constant worry... what if it ends up being more like a year... let alone LL, how would we even survive?! My daughter is only 4 years old, I don't want her to have to go thru this....

This is mainly the reason that I haven't been online... firstly I just didn't want to admit it, it was almost as if ignoring it would make it go away, and if almost felt like he was annual leave rather than out of a job... and then also, he is pretty much on the computer all day job-hunting so I don't get much of a chance to get online.

I don't know whether to mention to my LLC on Sunday about this.... I don't mean to sound selfish but I really really don't want to leave LL at this stage, this is the only diet that has worked for me for about 10 years and I really want, need, to see it through.

Anyway am really sorry for moaning on and on, thanks for reading.

P.S. Thanks LS and Anna for the PM's and facebook messages, they are much appreciated.

Last edited:
damn hon
im sure your OH will get a job sooner rather than later, too be honest just support him while hes going through this tough patch, god willing your OH will get his job and also you'll be continuing with your LL, I hope god does bless you and your OH

Sorry to hear Sweety. I too was made redundant and my last day is in two weeks.

I don;t know what your OH does or how long he has been looking. But if it makes you feel any comfort at all, I have seen loads and loads of jobs out there - it is not as bad as people might fear if you loisten to the newscasters. Again - his circs may be more difficult, not knowing what he does - but hopefully, he too will find there is plenty out there.

It is not selfish at all to want to finish this diet.

I really hope it works out for you. But if the worst happens and you have to STOP - (not quit!) LL for awhile - hopefully during that time you can stick to [rotein and veg - minimising any gain and then you can start again when you two are on more solid ground. LL will be here for you whenever.

All good luck to you - I know how stressful it is.

XXXX

Sorry to hear about your situation. It's easy to say ,but try and stay positive . BL is right ,things aren't as bad as the media portrays them they keep going on as if we are all gonna end up in the workhouse!
Even if times get more difficult you and your family will be ok because you have got each other and you seem like one smart lady.
Big hugs xx

Hope thing get better for you & OH soon he must be gutted

Thanks everyone, for the messages of support, we are just keeping our fingers crossed for some good news atm...

BL, he has been looking for about a month now, properly for the last couple of weeks and no luck so far. He works in investments and asset management so it is really really hard right now, there are not a lot of jobs out there in these fields. But something will come up... just have to keep positive.

LS, I will mention to my LLC on Sunday... and the thought had crossed my mind to do Cambridge if money gets really tight... this way I would get to carry on with an almost identical diet but at a lower cost... and then maybe I could come back to LL for RtM... I don't know if that's something that is possible... anyway will chat to my LLC and see what she says.

Am feeling a lot more positive today... so anyway, will keep you all updated on what's happening xxx

Hey everyone...

Things are still not looking good at home, OH is finding there is not much out there in his field (investment banking and asset management). We have decided that I will carry on with LL for a couple of months and then we will reassess whether we can afford for me to carry on any further.

BUT I have been lapsing :( I am sabotaging myself, telling myself "well I'm going to have to leave LL eventually anyway, what does it matter" and I know that this is entirely the wrong way to be thinking, I should try and do my utmost to lose as much as I can before I leave (IF I have to leave).

I don't know what to do - I feel really helpless and sorry for myself right now and I don't really know why?? I feel like I need to pull myself together but just can't.

Didn't mention anything to my LLC coz I had been lapsing :(

Am really sorry for all the moaning but kinda feel like I need a shoulder to cry on. I feel I can't say too much to my family etc as they will worry. And my inlaws are hopeless, they are o/seas (in South Africa), and whenever OH calls them, they ask 'so have you got a new job now'.... like they expect something to just fall in his lap.... they really don't seem to realise how hard it is :(

BL, read your post about the job interviews that you have lined up, best of luck with them, I tell you it's great that you are getting interviews booked, my OH is not getting a sniff at the mo...

x x x

So sorry Sweetie,
It must be a difficult time for you. Your LLC is just the person to talk to. That's what they are there for. The stresses of life don't just disappear because we do LL .
What did your OH do fora living before?
It's probably time to look for a career move. He will have transferrable skills he could use in other lines of work.
He could contact Learn Direct and speak to a Careers Adviser about other options.

Please don't sabotage yourself now. It wouldn't be the best use of the money you are spending now would it?
Ididn't think I'd be able to afford to keep on LL this long, but it's the best investment I've ever made.
Other good things have followed on behind.
I remember Anna saying sell you car,move house - anything, but don't give up LL - look where she is now!!
Please speak to your LLC.
Good luck Sweetie. xxxx

hey hunni, i can symapthise my oh lost his job before x mass (hes in farming) and only up untill this week had nothing! any chance he can find odd jobs etc ta do? keep looking but dont give up hope.

also for the self sabotage....next time u go to do it walk in and show someone, seek help with it especially if it is done in secret. its ur rebellious child coming out so next time have a talking with her,

or write her a letter and put her to rest. if u keep going by the time u might have to stop u could be at goal. u have come so far, dont let it get ya now.

chin up chic xxx

Sorry to hear he is still not having any leads on the job front. His specialty is not the greates in the current climate, is it?? :( I am sure the right job will turn up though. :)

And you mrs! Try not to sabatoge yourself....you'll only suffer for it. If it looks like you are for sure going to have to stop LL, have you considered going thru RTM in your final weeks, so as not to undu all your hard work?

WHat a horrible situation for you Sweety. I do hope it turns around quick.

XXX

Thanks SB, I have resolved not to self sabotage and have had a real boost in that direction, had my WI today and lost 6lbs this week!!! Am well pleased and it's just what I needed to get me back on the straight and narrow :) I'm going to keep going on LL as long as we can afford, when we can't any longer - well I'll deal with that when I get to it... no point worrying about something that may not happen eh!

Catz - sorry to hear about your OH losing his job too, and thank you for your advice about roping my rebellious child into line!!

BL - thanks for the words of wisdom... I am just going to take each day as it comes and if we can't afford LL any longer well then I'll see how to go forward....

Something will come up eventually... it has to, right??

Back